Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Zoe ball

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
She’s pretty harmless, uncontroversial, bit too wide awake for me in the mornings and obviously has a reasonable following or the BBC would ditch her. She’s already taken a voluntary hit on her wages which is fair enough. Like most on here, if I had been overpaid during my working life I would have kept my head down and rubbed my hands.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can someone explain to me why she earns nearly a £ million per year from the BBC ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Because that's what her contract says :shrug:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The obsession some have with the BBC and where the money is distributed is SO weird.

Even more so at a time where monthly bills are INSANE.

So what if she earns that? What's our season ticket? 50 quid a month. Yet we don't kick off that much that our 50 quid in some part helps pay players (who often don't play) more than what Ball is on (£20k a week/£1m a year).

In the grand context of things, £15 a month of whatever the licence fee is does not fill me with a desperate desire to know how they spend it. Football highlights, Wimbledon, Women's Euros, Glatonbury, News coverage, podcasts, Iplayer, excellent access to Storyville documentaries, comedies etc. Yes there's some dross and, guess what.....I choose not to watch it.

"But...But I don't get a choice". Well, you don't get a choice over paying for heating either and that cost is hurting you far more than the BBCs.

It is such an odd thing to get obsessed about.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Yes, she is very good at what she does and if all the decent radio presenters left the BBC, it would become like FAB FM full of useless hasbeens and neverwases

IMHO of course, but by your tone you obviously think differently, as is your right. Of course if people switched her off the BBC a would have to replace her pretty pronto!

To be fair most people with a reasonable personality & having quick wits about them , with a couple of months radio training could do the breakfast show , it’s the same format every day . It’s really not that difficult. Far far harder training to be a doctor or a dentist for example .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here