Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Zoe ball

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On this occasion I have to admit to having absolutely no idea what you are banging on about H. Tho I will fight to the death for your right to bang on about it :moo:

I was paying you a compliment. You have shown a lack of criticism of the BBC (Panorama) on one thread and criticism on this, which I consider to be reasonable balance that is clearly not part of the 'defund the BBC' agendabollocks of certain posters ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
of all "talent", radio DJ is the one i least understand. bosses seem to think they need to pay for a celebrity, to attract listeners which will be there for the music anyway.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I don't listen to her so can't really comment.

I do though think that it's about time the Beeb got rid of 'Mr Beige' Gary Lineker. Yes, he knows his football but is so dull he almost makes Alan Shearer seem vaguely interesting. He's similar to Ed Sheeran - seemingly a nice bloke but as boring as F**k.

Surely there is fresher younger blood to run MOTD these days? It's time he was put out to pasture IMO.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are several sectors that are ridiculously overpaid. PL football is one, 'meejah' is another. Yes, a £million a year is too much, but why pick out Zoe Ball? She does her job perfectly adequately (as do many people in ther jobs on a fraction of her salary). Is everything right with the distribution of wealth in this sad old world? No it isn't - but what's that got to do with Zoe Ball any more than, say, with some cheerful chappy in the city with a nice little portfolio of non-executive directorships?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I dislike her irrationally because I believe she was nasty to our Norman, based on vague recollections of some Sun fish and chip paper I read once somewhere. Can't remember what it was about at all but I don't like her because of it. Therefore I'm in the "she's over paid and sack her" line.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

I do though think that it's about time the Beeb got rid of 'Mr Beige' Gary Lineker. Yes, he knows his football but is so dull he almost makes Alan Shearer seem vaguely interesting. He's similar to Ed Sheeran - seemingly a nice bloke but as boring as F**k.

Surely there is fresher younger blood to run MOTD these days? It's time he was put out to pasture IMO.

At least Gary lineacre adds diversity to the BBC , what exactly does Zoe Ball do ?

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
I've never said this about a thread on NSC before, but what a load of b*******, If you have feelings strong enough about a radio DJ, where you feel the need to post your feelings on here, for goodness sake just listen to something else.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Alex Scott will get the gig before long, don’t worry

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
She does a radio show 5 mornings a week + strictly spin off show ? Not that much really is it

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've never said this about a thread on NSC before, but what a load of b*******, If you have feelings strong enough about a radio DJ, where you feel the need to post your feelings on here, for goodness sake just listen to something else.

They probably do listen to something/someone else! They are simply saying they don't like her, that's all.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

I don’t mind Lineker, but I don’t get at all why he’s so highly paid when there’s lots of alternatives who could do the same job. I prefer Mark Chapman as a MOTD host for one, and I would think he’s paid a lot less…

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My guess is that a number of people at her place of employment think she does a decent job. They may even back this up with listening figures and other data. Then they look at their budget and see if they can pay her enough money to stop another group of people who think that she does a good job poaching her. I guess they have found the answer to be yes?

Their folly of course is that they failed to consider the OPs opinion in all this. Nor considered the fact that the dial on his radio is stuck and he is unable to select another station.

#defundtheBBC!!!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
She does a radio show 5 mornings a week + strictly spin off show ? Not that much really is it

Mrs Jakarta informs me she doesn't do Strictly 2 anymore so its just the Mumsnet morning Show for her million quid...

I remember the short-lived Mark & Lard Breakfast Show on Radio 1 when the first track they played was 'Master of the Universe' by Hawkwind...

That would wake you up! :clap:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Gave up with Radio 2 in the mornings with Zoe Ball constantly wittering absolute rubbish, she just can't seem to stop talking. So I went to Greatest Hits Radio, stayed for a while but the adverts were excruciating and then I discovered Boom Radio - never looked back since.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t mind Lineker, but I don’t get at all why he’s so highly paid when there’s lots of alternatives who could do the same job. I prefer Mark Chapman as a MOTD host for one, and I would think he’s paid a lot less…

BBC between a rock and hard place. On the one hand, a need to mitigate against the prejudiced they are state owned, not got a pot to piss in, and can afford only B grade celebs compared with the well-run rich commercial TV stations :facepalm: On the other hand others think the BBC is a super rich (website funded) left wing propaganda machine that is needlessly vacuuming TV licence money and spaffing it on left wing celebrities like Lineker who has a massive following and is warping the tiny minds of the gullable :facepalm:

FFS. It is what it is. I'm far more concerned about Dorries getting her sweaty mit on the beeb than what the presenters are paid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here