[Albion] Zeqiri

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Early stages into his Albion career and clearly needs further development. On a cameo performance not likely to be pushing for a starting place for sometime.
I would expect to next see him having a longer spell from the bench in the cup tie at Newport.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I liked the fact he was direct and trying to make things happen. Looked a little lightweight at times but probably to be expected in his first minutes in this league and against a physical side. And although he was played out of position he did stay out wide so he gave us forward width which we'd been missing up to that point.

What was positive and really pleased me was that the players were happy to pass to him and looked to get the ball out to him. This shows that they trusted him so he must be impressing them in training. You can always tell when a new, young player comes into a side and his team mates don't trust him as they will always look to turn away and pass to someone else when he is in a good position.

I'd like to see him tried in his correct position up front with Welbeck at some point as he genuinely can't do any worse than Maupay and Connolly and it could work out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Zeqiri should have been put up top with Wellbeck to compete for headers.

Solly wide left and Ali wide right.

I'm happy to predict here and now that Zeqiri isn't going to carve out a top level career as a winger

They did eventually put him in the middle with AC out left but a tad late imho

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think he's got a good left foot but I definitely think we should get him a Championship loan, along with Connolly, and get a senior striker in on loan to compliment Welbeck and Maupay. Maupay, by the way, hasn't stopped being a good striker because he's having a bad run.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Very young, must be difficult having played limited ‘match’ football since his move, not forgetting the massive step up in standard.

Looked direct and willing, got crosses in with pace which is promising, but difficult to say any more.

Would prefer him in a two with Welbeck.

Good luck to him....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FA cup v Newport may tell us more?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
What I would say is he was well out of position. He was trying to arrive in the box and get on the end of things. Was one of the only of the players who seemed totally committed. Would like to see some minutes alongside welbeck. He can’t be worse than Mupaay or Connolly at the moment. I’m sure he would have buried the Connolly header.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don’t know how anyone could form any worthwhile thoughts of merit based on a small cameo, his only appearance to date. No chances.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don’t know how anyone could form any worthwhile thoughts of merit based on a small cameo, his only appearance to date. No chances.

Spot on.

Given how crap Connolly and Maupay have been of late we may as well start him with Welbeck. nothing to lose really.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
For those questioning him being played on the left, here are his appearances from last season:

Screenshot 2020-12-21 130306.png

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andi-zeqiri/leistungsdaten/spieler/345468/plus/0?saison=2019

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Didn't see much of him in that left wing cameo, but if he can shoot on target at more than 1 mph its a yes from me.

I guess we should just be happy he wasn't asked to play left wing back

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I guess we should just be happy he wasn't asked to play left wing back

According to Naylor, he was! I think he was told just to stay forward and stay wide as we had lacked width in the forward areas to that point, it was so congested in the middle.

From what I've seen of him from reports and the videos, his usual position is starting left and coming inside I think so he wasn't really playing that role yesterday either.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is NSC.

He played 20 minutes and was rubbish so we have seen all we need to see. Get rid.

On a serious note, I can't really fault our forwards yesterday (the chuckle brothers joint goal effort comedy **** up aside). What? No, yes. The midfield played walking football while our 3 up front were zonal marked by a back 8. The forwards had no chance. I have no idea if they are any good, but Maradonna, Ronaldo and Zlatan would have struggled out there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was glad that he got to come on, but he didn't make much of an impression in the brief time he was on the field.

He has an opportunity to get into the side because the form of Maupay and Connolly is so poor, but I am not expecting him to be the answer. Newcomers and youngsters are finding it hard to get goals in the Prem - the top scoring charts are dominated by seasoned pros. If we want to get out of trouble we need a Josh King or an Arnautovic, not a Zeqiri.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hence my facetious post :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports