Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zeqiri *Season-long loan to FC Augsburg*

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This thread reminds me of the Percy Tau one after his first start against Newport.

That thread is still running with the theme that Percy is now out of his depth.

There is potential in him absolutely no doubt .... but he is still someway behind Maupay, Connolly and Welbeck.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Mighty tough to play up front. Good experience and thought he did OK. Always wanting the ball and made good runs. Looks as though has more to his game then Connelly

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Having slept on it . Still not sure .

There were times when looked out his depth but got better as game went on . Needs to get stronger on the ball but quite liked how got shots off and good finish when offside .

Potentially could have a place in squad that will help us but equally could still be dog turd .

Shame out the cup as expected he will just get 10/15 mins from here .

Would say so far jury out if good enough to be 4th striker . Needs a goal

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He looks promising, but will need a loan next season IMO to give him the game time he needs to develop.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Still 4th choice but you can see the potential. Could be 1st choice this time next year if he keeps developing and gets himself some goals.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Before last night he's looked like a lad who has won a competition to be a footballer, far too keen, trying far too hard and it hasn't really come off for him.

Last night he played like he deserved to be there and the improvement was obvious for all to see.

Obviously we don't know what goes on behind the scenes I assume GP and co have had a word and told him to calm down a bit, just do what you do in training and it'll happen for you.

Took his "goal" incredibly well, with the coolness of a 30 goal a season striker. Connelly certainly needs to learn some of that composure in front of goal.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Definitely a good showing last night. He seems more confident than both Maupay and Connelly. Not yet the finished article but unless GP gives him game time he never will be.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So he’s everything that Maupay is not.
Zeqiri suits our style of 1 upfront.

I am sometimes staggered by what other Albion fans see that I don't. Maupay works his socks off closing down oppo defenders, he's great at holding the ball up and is our leading scorer (though not in a purple patch at the moment).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Before last night he's looked like a lad who has won a competition to be a footballer, far too keen, trying far too hard and it hasn't really come off for him.

Last night he played like he deserved to be there and the improvement was obvious for all to see.

Obviously we don't know what goes on behind the scenes I assume GP and co have had a word and told him to calm down a bit, just do what you do in training and it'll happen for you.

Took his "goal" incredibly well, with the coolness of a 30 goal a season striker. Connolly certainly needs to learn some of that composure in front of goal.
It's a shame that MOTD, while happily showing Leicester's disallowed goal, couldn't be bothered to include Zeqiri's 'goal', especially as they seemed to think the game was so dull with little of interest about it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's a shame that MOTD, while happily showing Leicester's disallowed goal, couldn't be bothered to include Zeqiri's 'goal',

Wow!

especially as they seemed to think the game was so dull with little of interest about it.

Well they weren't wrong there hence my surprise about the above. You'd have been propper pissed off if you were a neutral and you decided to watch our game over Everton Spurs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I though the entire team looked pretty decent last night.

Oh, until the goal, of course, and then I remembered that all of our players are championship level at best. My bad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a shame that MOTD, while happily showing Leicester's disallowed goal, couldn't be bothered to include Zeqiri's 'goal', especially as they seemed to think the game was so dull with little of interest about it.

In fairness to them, whilst Zeqiri's was a nice finish, he was very clearly offside at the time, so all a bit academic. The Leicester one looked like it would count, when it went in, so kind of more valid. Plus they probably wanted to give people a chance to laugh at BDB's comedy defending.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Surely we can all agree that was a sensational goal. Shame he was offside, but a very deft technical finish.

That combined with some very clever turns and runs and have to say I was very impressed by Zequiri. Certainly a better player than I thought.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Surely we can all agree that was a sensational goal. Shame he was offside, but a very deft technical finish.

That combined with some very clever turns and runs and have to say I was very impressed by Zequiri. Certainly a better player than I thought.

I don't think you were the only one who rushed to judgement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here