Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zeqiri *Season-long loan to FC Augsburg*

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He’s raw, talented and eager, Potter loves him and apparently very infectious around the squad. Loan makes no sense, you can see he’s more talented and shows more promise than a loan.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Would not loan him out . Think he has been good since Newport , works hard , and can see him fly once he gets that first goal .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Thought he looked good tonight, can see him getting better and better

Still not sure if the quality level in front of goal will be up to it yet, its too early, but he's got my support and hopefully after a full pre season, we'll begin to see a bit more of what he's about....... loved his attitude, his energy and when out of possession his constant pressing. Definitely left everything out on the pitch which is a really good sign.

Lovely finish for the offside goal (which he wasnt to know)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Zeqiri will go on to have a better career than Maupay

Whilst I’m not saying your wrong as such.

What are you basing that on ... he has scored a few goals in a noddy league and and U21 level.

Maupay has bagged loads of goals and Champ level and heading for a 2nd season with a double figure return in the PL.

What have you seen in the minimal minutes he has played for us to make that leap ? You might be right, but it can’t be based on anything you’ve seen from him so far.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
We lost all of our goal threat when he was moved out wide for the last 15 minutes. Not afraid to get a shot away and works his socks off. He can cross a ball too so maybe that is why he was sent wide. At least his crosses don’t go miles over everyone and out for a throw or goal kick. He certainly has the potential to become our best striker and hope he gets more opportunities even if it is as a sub.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Whilst I’m not saying your wrong as such.

What are you basing that on ... he has scored a few goals in a noddy league and and U21 level.

Maupay has bagged loads of goals and Champ level and heading for a 2nd season with a double figure return in the PL.

What have you seen in the minimal minutes he has played for us to make that leap ? You might be right, but it can’t be based on anything you’ve seen from him so far.

To be clear, i'm not doing Maupay down.

I think Zeqiri has all the attributes to go a stage further. Bags of self belief, finds space, calm and composed in front of goal. May go on to be a left winger rather than striker as he does some really good work out wide.

Loads for him to work on of course. But given his age and inexperience, the fact that he's playing like that against terrific opponents says to me he'll do very well

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When anybody suggests “he should start against Villa”, or asks what our best starting eleven is, I was reminded the other day that one of Mr Potter’s strengths is analysing the opponents’ strengths and deciding how best to counter them with the players at his disposal. Therefore he might play Zeqiri on the weekend IF he thinks he is the right player and has the right attributes, and not otherwise.

It makes me think of when we played Newcastle at the beginning of the season and won 0-3. Bruce played Carroll, who was useless. He had played very well in the previous game, and Bruce said that it would have been unfair to drop him, even though he wasn’t sure he was the right man to play. WHAT AN IDIOT! Mr Potter will play the right man for the circumstances, and won’t make sentimental decisions.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
When anybody suggests “he should start against Villa”, or asks what our best starting eleven is, I was reminded the other day that one of Mr Potter’s strengths is analysing the opponents’ strengths and deciding how best to counter them with the players at his disposal. Therefore he might play Zeqiri on the weekend IF he thinks he is the right player and has the right attributes, and not otherwise.

It makes me think of when we played Newcastle at the beginning of the season and won 0-3. Bruce played Carroll, who was useless. He had played very well in the previous game, and Bruce said that it would have been unfair to drop him, even though he wasn’t sure he was the right man to play. WHAT AN IDIOT! Mr Potter will play the right man for the circumstances, and won’t make sentimental decisions.

Well sort of, but you could probably name 9 who will certainly start against any opponents. There's only a couple of starting berths to play for at best

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Zeqiri

I really like him and can see why Potter has been raving about him.

He is clearly raw but has really good movement, a decent left foot, real enthusiasm and looks like he will run all game. Also showed he can finish tonight.

I really think he could be a bit of a rough diamond.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Looks promising, but can't see him starting in the PL this season unless we are safe with games to spare. Cameo role from the bench from time to time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We lost all of our goal threat when he was moved out wide for the last 15 minutes. Not afraid to get a shot away and works his socks off. He can cross a ball too so maybe that is why he was sent wide. At least his crosses don’t go miles over everyone and out for a throw or goal kick. He certainly has the potential to become our best striker and hope he gets more opportunities even if it is as a sub.

Aye...I was a tad puzzled by that move ..not one of GP’s best

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Best game so far, has pace, works hard and looks like he knows where the goal is. Definitely one to bring along for next season.

I sit in West Upper and I know where the goal is. He had one shot on target the whole game! However, I agree that he is one to bring along next season and hopefully he'll get a few subs appearances ttowards the end of this one to enable to him to grab his first.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was ok. A couple of nicely timed turns and runs to get in behind them, and the refined finish for his offside goal gave a glimpse of what he is capable of. Whether he is a rough diamond or a hapless lump of slag remains to be seen, but he didn't do himself any harm tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here