Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora wants to come to Btn, Btn want to sign him. wages only issue

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He'll probably get pissed off and sign for someone else IMO.
Which will mean we can look forward to 3 separate threads entitled 'that could have been for us', throughout the season.
But absolute silence regarding the missing 30 league starts.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
We spoke to him before the end of the season.

Apparently it will be a "last minute thing", although I don't see that myself as he stop getting paid in a few weeks. Wages will smash our wage structure.

I think we have other irons in the fire.....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wages won't smash our wage structure. He is 34 now and knows he cannot command huge wages anymore unless another Premier league club snaps him up. Upson certainly wasn't on the money he use to get when he was with us.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
This is according to a friend of mine who is friendly with a couple of football agents. No idea if this is fact but apparently Zamora has offered to come to Btn on a lesser salary than at QPR but Btn debating whether it is worth paying the most they have ever paid in salary to an injury prone player. I know nothing about football but I thought this would be of interest to Btn fans.

Idiot.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Wages won't smash our wage structure. He is 34 now and knows he cannot command huge wages anymore unless another Premier league club snaps him up. Upson certainly wasn't on the money he use to get when he was with us.

Maybe our Bobby wages wise is no longer hungry like the wolf............he could be thinking of the past and reflect.........thank god another player has retired otherwise it could have been the name is Rio.........

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
In each of the past 4 seasons he has never played more than 21 games though.

I'm struggling to see the value here. His wages are a lot higher than when we last had him, yet IMHO his stock is a lot lower.

I'm guessing plenty of missed games over the last 4 years would of been due to non selection rather than injury.

Obviously he earns plenty more which has the potential to be an issue busy opinion is that it would be a good move.

For the record I don't think this is happening or even in the pipeline though.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Oh god another Zamora thread and more silly claims. Unless there is genuine news that can be properly proved & supported why can't people keep off NSC.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I was told today he was on £80k at QPR and is looking for £40k a week. Cannot see any team paying him that amount though.
You've been told wrong. Half those numbers and you'll be getting warm!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Argue claim they know nothing of it. As maligned as they are, I'm happy to take Naylor over our friendly troll on this one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Various people in this thread have suddenly 'heard' things - mainly about wages... Seems odd that none of the stories match either :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here