Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora wants to come to Btn, Btn want to sign him. wages only issue

SAC

May 21, 2014
He was reported to be on £60-70k a week when he joined QPR (although some papers quoted £80-90k) and then took a pay cut to £50k when he extended that contract last year. My guess is that he will be looking for £25-30k a week but if he struggles to get that he could sign for £20k a week. Only a guess though, however I would imagine that anywhere close to £15k a week would seem a pittance to him.

I think that he wont find a Premiership club willing to take the risk and that he will end up spending a year abroad, assuming someone wants him, before retiring.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This is according to a friend of mine who is friendly with a couple of football agents.
So you think they'd divulge information like this?

apparently Zamora has offered to come to Btn .
How very ****ing gracious of him for offering, I would have thought it was more about BHAFC offering him an opportunity.

come to Btn on a lesser salary than at QPR .
He doesn't have a QPR salary, he's been released.

Btn debating whether it is worth paying the most they have ever paid in salary
No shit Sherlock, BHAFC will 'debate' or rather 'consider' all deals regardless of the size of them.

an injury prone player.
BZ is not particularly injury prone, certainly no more than what we're used to.

. I know nothing about football .
I guess that bit is correct.

I thought this would be of interest to Btn fans.
Only interested in actual signings so probably not that interesting.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If he signed for two year contract on reasonable wage could we award him a testimonial if we get to the premiership in two seasons.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Assuming he's now been released, we no longer need to speculate what his wages are. His weekly income will be precisely £0.00. So wages for next season shouldn't really be an issue - he's not likely to get another place in the PL, I don't think. Championship wages - whatever they might be - will be far more acceptable than £0.00 I would have thought.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Assuming he's now been released, we no longer need to speculate what his wages are. His weekly income will be precisely £0.00. So wages for next season shouldn't really be an issue - he's not likely to get another place in the PL, I don't think. Championship wages - whatever they might be - will be far more acceptable than £0.00 I would have thought.

Not if he has been offered x amount by another club.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

That's if he needs the money. It would be sad if he needs the money given he's spent the last ten years or so in the premier league. If he doesn't need the money we would then need to speculate how much we'd need to pay him to convince him to possibly uproot his family again to take on a job he doesn't need (he has admitted football is just a job to him, that he isn't doing it for the love of the game).

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Wrong Direction and I could contribute about ten quid each a week.
After two seconds of thought we decided no thanks.
Just retire --- he doesn't even like football.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's if he needs the money. It would be sad if he needs the money given he's spent the last ten years or so in the premier league. If he doesn't need the money we would then need to speculate how much we'd need to pay him to convince him to possibly uproot his family again to take on a job he doesn't need (he has admitted football is just a job to him, that he isn't doing it for the love of the game).

Would he need to uproot his family as he apparently lives in Canary Wharf so could easily commute if he wished. Many do going the other way.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
This is according to a friend of mine who is friendly with a couple of football agents. No idea if this is fact but apparently Zamora has offered to come to Btn on a lesser salary than at QPR but Btn debating whether it is worth paying the most they have ever paid in salary to an injury prone player. I know nothing about football but I thought this would be of interest to Btn fans.

F******g bu****shit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not if he has been offered x amount by another club.
Well of course. Any offer from another club is going to be more than £0.00 a week. But if he was on £40, £50, £80K or whatever, the point is he won't be on that now, and can't expect to get that level of wages again.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
It's all about money! Nothing else. Do you think Lampard and Gerrard thought about anything else when they upped and left for the States. Those two were probably earning close to a million a month, yet still went overseas for one last big payday.

Dec 29, 2011
It's all about money! Nothing else. Do you think Lampard and Gerrard thought about anything else when they upped and left for the States. Those two were probably earning close to a million a month, yet still went overseas for one last big payday.

I can see the US being very attractive for reasons other than money. Trying a new lifestyle, culture, a league where you'd still be the best player, a chance for the wife to get into TV/entertainment in a huge market, less English press, nicer climate etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here