Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora - the silence is deafening .....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Maybe the Clunge & COG are impressing Hughton at the training camp? Balders & Hemed are both in the plan but would we need Zamora if Hughton wants to give the two 'c's another chance?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Sort it out...
If Hughton doesn't sign Bobby his life expectancy as our Manager is shortened dramatically. We know this is his call and if he loses first 3 games without him then he will be torn into. Can't he see that?

Do you not think you're being a bit over-dramatic here?

If he loses his first 3 matches I'm sure there will be some that will start the hate campaign regardless of whether BZ is there or not.

Those that want BZ back are obviously very keen to see it happen, and why not, but I don't think it's as big a subject amongst the majority of Albion fans that it's being made out to be on here.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
To save all this NONSENSE, the club should provide [MENTION=19755]seagullinho[/MENTION] with a blank contract that he could use when he sees these random players going through departures/arrivals.

Just pop on here to get a feel for what we all think the player is worth, wages-wise, then job done.

Zamora would be a great signing for us, if (and it's a big if), he can stay fit and is up for the fight.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
To save all this NONSENSE, the club should provide @seagullinho with a blank contract that he could use when he sees these random players going through departures/arrivals.

Just pop on here to get a feel for what we all think the player is worth, wages-wise, then job done.

Zamora would be a great signing for us, if (and it's a big if), he can stay fit and is up for the fight.

And here it is for anyone unsure of the reference: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?212746-Seagullinho-signs-Vicente!

My GOD that was an exciting time.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sort it out...
If Hughton doesn't sign Bobby his life expectancy as our Manager is shortened dramatically. We know this is his call and if he loses first 3 games without him then he will be torn into. Can't he see that?

What utter nonsense...............CH tenure at the club will be bases on whether he puts together a squad capable of challenging for the play offs. With or without Bobby Zamorra.

I know he is loved at Brighton but look at how many games Zamorra played under CH when he with assistant manager at Spurs. I don't know what the stats were but i have a feeling they were not that flattering - That being the case I think a lot of fans are setting themselves up for a dissapointment if he isn't signed.

Personally I think we should be aiming for better than Zamorra if we eventually want to go up.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
What utter nonsense...............CH tenure at the club will be bases on whether he puts together a squad capable of challenging for the play offs. With or without Bobby Zamorra.

I know he is loved at Brighton but look at how many games Zamorra played under CH when he with assistant manager at Spurs. I don't know what the stats were but i have a feeling they were not that flattering - That being the case I think a lot of fans are setting themselves up for a dissapointment if he isn't signed.

Personally I think we should be aiming for better than Zamorra if we eventually want to go up.

Zamorra!!!

:nono: punish:

Last edited:

Eddy Gemmell

Jul 3, 2015
Hemel Hempstead, Herts
I understand all the various views regarding the pros and cons of BZ coming back. It would give me such a buzz to see him playing for the Albion again that I can't help but want it to happen. The roar that would accompany him coming on each time would lift ANY game. That's worth something.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Today's last two characters for my randomly generated work wi-fi password are BZ. This is without doubt a sign.

Also the last two letters of my postcode.

I'm not sure Chris Hughton could have been given any clearer indication to just get him in.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
If you Google BZ, the 9th entry (his 'traditional' number) reads "another person trying to occupy the same physical space that I am trying to occupy at the same time". OBVIOUSLY a sign that CH is deciding between Booby and someone else...

The 25th (his actual number) is nonsense as I'm not in the UK at the mo. Anyone?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There's also a list as long as your arm of clubs wanting the loan of a highly rated English 'keeper.

That's a little different to lumbering yourself with a third immobile goal shy striker while paying top whack for the privilege .

You do know how many games Bobby played in the Prem last year, don't you?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You do know how many games Bobby played in the Prem last year, don't you?
You do know that signing Bobby Zamora won't make any difference to next season, without an overhaul of the support play, don't you?

You also understand that the club currently has 2 BZ tribute acts on it's books, one of which has just arrived while the other would appear to be hard to shift due to his inflated wage, don't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here