Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora - "Fans need to play their part"

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Let's play our part by singing OUR Bobby Zamora song when he scores, rather than that shocking WestHam/Fulham/QPR dirge.

When the ball hits the net.....

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Leiscter have those clapping board thingys. Not doing them any harm, bring em on.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm sort of with you on your comments but we still have the major issue that we don't all sing with one voice. First couple of seasons the West Upper was very noisy, now it seems to slumber with the East. Even the SW corner is much quieter than it was.

But the main issue is still in the North Stand. Despite the club's letter last summer saying that they wanted to move the 3 or 4 different singing groups in the North together, nothing ever happened. It is always going to be tricky when there are often two or three different songs coming out of the North at the same time.

Unallocated seating or safe standing are the best ways to get all the singers together. But we know that is never going to happen. Maybe Bobby could have a word in Barber's ear!

Genuinely I don't hear anything come out of the East, West or South stands all game aside from the odd, rather ironic, "we forgot that you were here" if the away fans get excited.

You are right about the fragmented songs in the North Stand mind, but at least there's an effort taking place to rouse the troops.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I freakin hate Friday night games. I'm knackered out, have to rush home and get changed before rushing off to the nearest P & R site which means I can't drink. All I can do is think about getting home and opening something long and cold to wash away another sh1te week at work. Put me down in the curmudgeon camp.

I will try and make a noise Bobby, but just remember some of us have to work all week.

Ooh you poor love. You make sure you have a nice long lie in on Saturday and save all your strengthy-wengthy for the Bolton game.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ooh you poor love. You make sure you have a nice long lie in on Saturday and save all your strengthy-wengthy for the Bolton game.

Lol , just what I thought . How soft can you be !! Probably been in an office job all week sitting on arse too

Man up !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
WSU is where I sit. There are plenty that sing but too many that sit on their hands. I agree that from where I sit the North Stand sounds fragmented, but apart from that where are the new songs? Nothing for Zamora, nothing for Kayal, nothing for Stockdale. Your can't blame the Amex for that as Buckley and Ulloa both got songs.

Stockdale does have a song, which is sung by the north regularly. It shows the acoustics are strange at the Amex if you haven't heard it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Stockdale does have a song, which is sung by the north regularly. It shows the acoustics are strange at the Amex if you haven't heard it.
I haven't heard it from the family stand which is supposedly so quiet that I should be able to hear anything from the north.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I'm very excited about Friday and will be singing at the top of my voice (shouting)
After a week training course up in London stuck in a little room, I can not wait to get back down to Brighton and cheer on the boys.
UTA

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I haven't heard it from the family stand which is supposedly so quiet that I should be able to hear anything from the north.

It's the generic Der der der David Stockdale, so you could have heard it but not realised.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes you have, you've just not been listening.

It's sung after a great save or even a fantastic pass out to the right wing.
Therefore it's sung about 5 times a game.

Sure it's not like the whole North stand is blasting it for 30 secs, but nevertheless his name is regularly sung.

Oh and there's no supposedly about it, we are (I am) deathly quiet.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'm getting a train from deepest Czech up to Prague, then a bus to Prague airport, flight to Gatwick, train to Brighton.

Just to see my beloved Albion tomorrow night. And a good weekend on the piss before doing the reverse journey on Monday. So yes Sir Bob, I'll be giving it my all tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here