Zamora badly injured

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
From the bbc...

Just before the 30-minute mark Zamora, 29, was scythed down by Wolves captain Henry.

The striker's right leg was trapped between Henry's legs and he was immediately in obvious pain, receiving oxygen before being taken off on a stretcher with his right leg immobilised.

Zoltan Gera replaced the stricken Zamora, with Henry somehow avoiding further punishment

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Others have recovered from such injury and I hope BZ joins them.I cannot judge the tackle as I haven't seen it,and the ref took no action.

All that matters is that BZ gets back soon,and that he can recover his form and his England place.All Albion supporters will be hoping the same,I'm sure.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I don't think like to see a player badly injured,however (i don't mean this to sound sick) hopefully it is a 'clean' break and one that can mend & heal as oppossed to those messy ligament damage injuries. Good luck Bobby.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Before everyone starts getting too hysterical and whining like babies, Henry wasn't booked and Mark Hughes has not apportioned any blame to him for the tackle.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I wish Bobby a speedy recovery and hope the op goes well.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
absolutely gutted for bobby, i hope this is not the beginning of the end for him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Barely even a foul, just one of those things. Can't have a go at Henry for that. Terrible shame for Zamora but I've seen far worse tackles. He was just unlucky.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nasty but freak accident, Zamora's leg just gets caught between the defneders. dozens of similar challenges every week. hope Zamora recovers quickly and it doesnt affect his game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
might be easier for each fan to sendtheir own card. c/o his current club? dunno how lonh he will be in ?? hospital for..

About three hours probably...

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Quite a lot of damage allegedly....I hope he recovers from this, think he may be out for at least 3-4 months!

:(

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Barely even a foul, just one of those things. Can't have a go at Henry for that. Terrible shame for Zamora but I've seen far worse tackles. He was just unlucky.

Absolutely. Shows how easy these things can happen if a regular challenge just catches you in the wrong way at the wrong time.

Best of luck with the recovery Bobby. We are ALL rooting for you mate.

Mar 10, 2006
If the ref had done his job 2 weeks ago when Wolves played Newcastle Henry wouldn't have been on the pitch today - instead he would have been in the stands. He was a disgrace against Newcastle. **** though Barton is - Henry looked determined to cause him some serious damage and having got away with it obviously thought that he could carry on like that this week

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looking on the pragmatic side, at least BZ had signed his new contract before the injury happened. Which secures him financially however the injury plays out.

Get well soon Bobby!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports