Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zahaha bought by palarse for a knock down price

Oct 25, 2003
worked out quite well for Palace that one hasn't it? TERRIBLE bit of business by United though...seems like Fergie did the equivalent of leaving a shit in the closet of a rubbish hotel

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Low look here Daniel, do you honestly believe that any professional footballer has genuine aspirations to play for CPFC? Your strip is crap, your stadium is crap, your overall club image is crap and it's just all a bit underwhelming when it comes down to it. At least with us players know they're buying into something a bit flair and that there's a chance of seeing some blue sky up above every now and then and not the perennial slate grey skies of the SE postcode area.

Flair?!? Someone please point out to this lunatic that the days of Gus, Vicente, Orlandi and Ulloa are long gone! It's now Gordon bloody Greer hoofing it up to that lummox Chris O'Grady who then shoots wide. Oh the joys you must experience each Saturday! :facepalm:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Flair? Someone please point out to this lunatic that the days of Gus, Vicente, Orlandi and Ulloa are long gone! It's now Gordon bloody Greer hoofing it up to that lummox Chris O'Grady who then shoots wide. Oh the joys you must experience each Saturday! :facepalm:
All true, but at least we don't live in Croydon. And for that we are eternally greatful.

:ffsparr:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes of course you're right, we all live in Croydon don't we! Just like every Chelsea fan lives in Kings Road and every Man United fan lives in Salford! :wrong:
It's only really the big teams who have large followings that don't live in the immediate area, not minnows like yours.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't be bothered to read this thread but I don't think the deal could end up being as big a mugging on Man U as first thought. 10 mil they sold him for - fee could rise to 6million that they pay back based on appearances (nailed on to happen) and them staying up I guess (likely to happen). A palace friend told me they paid 2-3 million as a fee to get him on loan this season? So in theory may only be 1-2 million profit and he's returned an even worse player plus palace didn't have him for 18 months or so...

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can't be bothered to read this thread but I don't think the deal could end up being as big a mugging on Man U as first thought. 10 mil they sold him for - fee could rise to 6million that they pay back based on appearances (nailed on to happen) and them staying up I guess (likely to happen). A palace friend told me they paid 2-3 million as a fee to get him on loan this season? So in theory may only be 1-2 million profit and he's returned an even worse player plus palace didn't Have him for 18minths or so...
Bit of a come down for the lad though. Talk about losing the golden ticket.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Comparing yourselves with Manchester and Chelsea :lolol:

You call us deluded!

You are deluded, you've stated that aside from the big teams, most teams support comes from the immediate area. I know a lot of Palace fans and only 2 live in Croydon/Norwood! A load live in various parts of London, a lot live in various parts of Surrey and one even lives in Brighton!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You are deluded, you've stated that aside from the big teams, most teams support comes from the immediate area. I know a lot of Palace fans and only 2 live in Croydon/Norwood! A load live in various parts of London, a lot live in various parts of Surrey and one even lives in Brighton!
I'm glad that all but two of your mates have managed to escape. Kudos to the Brighton one for choosing such a lovely town to live in!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But you are ignoring WHY that is in your statement. Most Brighton fans live in Sussex in general, it's always had a wide support through the county as a whole, hence the song Sussex by the sea and not Brighton by the sea or something. People who support palace are not likely to come from Croydon anymore as nearly all have had the commonsense to move away. That is because Croydon is certainly unusual in that it's one of the least desirable places in the whole of England.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
But you are ignoring WHY that is in your statement. Most Brighton fans live in Sussex in general, it's always had a wide support through the county as a whole, hence the song Sussex by the sea and not Brighton by the sea or something. People who support palace are not likely to come from Croydon anymore as nearly all have had the commonsense to move away. That is because Croydon is certainly unusual in that it's one of the least desirable places in the whole of England.

I guess you never been to Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Hull or Gillingham then!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I guess you never been to Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Hull or Gillingham then!
You've missed the point. The premise was that only big teams had large numbers of fans which do not live in the immediate area. I merely pointed out why palace's support is now elsewhere.

Of course your current success will maybe bring in new fans (where else did the 10000 plus come from who are purely there for the premier league) and that is good for the club. But you have to hope they are local as they will more likely stick around when times are tough again. I know several palace fans here in Eastbourne, all originally from Croydon or the surrounding areas and their kids all support Liverpool or Chelsea.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
You've missed the point. The premise was that only big teams had large numbers of fans which do not live in the immediate area. I merely pointed out why palace's support is now elsewhere.

Of course your current success will maybe bring in new fans (where else did the 10000 plus come from who are purely there for the premier league) and that is good for the club. But you have to hope they are local as they will more likely stick around when times are tough again. I know several palace fans here in Eastbourne, all originally from Croydon or the surrounding areas and their kids all support Liverpool or Chelsea.

You are talking utter BS! You are implying that most of Palace's support have lived in Croydon at one stage in their lifetime and then decided to move on as they finally realised it's a dump, that is simply untrue! Most of the Palace I know have never lived in Croydon but they have lived in various places across the South/South East of England. It's like you and Mckenzie are actually trying to convince yourselves that what you say is FACT. Get off the drugs you are obviously on and talk to FRANK mate, you need urgent help! :facepalm:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You are talking utter BS! You are implying that most of Palace's support have lived in Croydon at one stage in their lifetime and then decided to move on as they finally realised it's a dump, that is simply untrue! Most of the Palace I know have never lived in Croydon but they have lived in various places across the South/South East of England. It's like you and Mckenzie are actually trying to convince yourselves that what you say is FACT. Get off the drugs you are obviously on and talk to FRANK mate, you need urgent help! :facepalm:
Not just Croydon but the surrounding areas. I've known lots of palace over the years and they ALL came from nearby. I've NEVER known a palace fan from somewhere else. I must have touched a nerve though as you've resorted to insults. Either that or you are just plain rude.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Not just Croydon but the surrounding areas. I've known lots of palace over the years and they ALL came from nearby. I've NEVER known a palace fan from somewhere else. I must have touched a nerve though as you've resorted to insults. Either that or you are just plain rude.

London is a big place mate, 8.3 million in fact. Add on Surrey and you're looking at another 2 million at least. If this is what you are implying by surrounding areas then fair enough!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
London is a big place mate, 8.3 million in fact. Add on Surrey and you're looking at another 2 million at least. If this is what you are implying by surrounding areas then fair enough!
Thanks.

However, in area greater London is FAR smaller than Sussex being just over 600 sq miles whereas Sussex is almost 1500 sq miles. That backs up the point that your fans are/were more local.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Thanks.

However, in area greater London is FAR smaller than Sussex being just over 600 sq miles whereas Sussex is almost 1500 sq miles. That backs up the point that your fans are/were more local.

Yet we have Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Tottenham, QPR, Fulham, Millwall, Charlton Brentford and Leyton Orient to compete with wheras you have Crawley Town. Apart from that you have a point!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here