Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zahaha bought by palarse for a knock down price

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the most deluded comment ever posted on an Internet forum.

I don't know what you mean, a bit part player in a struggling Championship side or a full international who is scoring goals and ripping up the African cup of nations, and a player the SAF (probably the best manager we have ever seen in this country) thought was worth £15 million punt.... I do enjoy this forum but some of the post are so painfully deluded.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I refuse to even talk, text or telepathise with a palace fan, but anyone thinking our Lua Lua is in the same league as zaha or bolassie is obviously deluded. If our guy could play 90 minutes for 30 games a season there would at least be a conversation.
However those two are nowhere near the level of our own Gerry Ryan!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't see Palace getting relegated with Pardew in charge unfortunately, not in the short term - he could build a legacy there. Pardew is a horrible spiv but a very good manager, unfortunately.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I refuse to even talk, text or telepathise with a palace fan, but anyone thinking our Lua Lua is in the same league as zaha or bolassie is obviously deluded. If our guy could play 90 minutes for 30 games a season there would at least be a conversation.
However those two are nowhere near the level of our own Gerry Ryan!

Are you Ryan's daughter, pal?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Palace as a club are (as we and many local businesses in south London all know) highly adept at utterly ripping people off. They're crafty two-bob spivs, always have been. And the fact that in this instance they managed to do this to Manchester United is not something I'll lose a lot of sleep over, in fact its quite funny. But it really was quite extraordinary the sheer amount of HYPE they managed to spin around Zaha. To any normal football-viewing person, he was a tricky winger who had severe balance issues in and around the box. Decent on his day, he could drop his shoulder and could sell more dummies than Mothercare, but ultimately he was flaky and inconsistent. Yet were to venture onto the pages of the BBS, you would think that you were reading about the Second Coming, the saviour of England - a combination of George Best, Pelé and Victor Moses. Christ, they even had gigantic POSTERS of him put up all around Croydon. Admittedly this was largely to cover up the charred and broken remains of the various burnt out firebombed slums while the council got the builders in, but even so - it worked ! He even got a hilarious cameo on the wing for Englands embarrassing stuffing in Sweden, at least offering some comic value on the night as he proceeded to, well, fall over a lot (as is the custom).

I think the signing of Zahahaha was probably Fergusons parting middle finger to the Glaziers on his way out. And fair play to Palace, they cashed in. But then they're pretty good at that. Just ask St Johns.

If you are right the laugh is that Palace before they were dubbed the "Eagles" in the early 1970's for marketing reason were known as " The Glaziers". Just like Brighton were known as "The Minnows" or something fishy like that.

As for your comments about burned-out wrecks, at least we've cleared our arson up. Yours is still afloat off the beach after decades of neglect....only a load of starling poo to decorate it.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Just like Zaha's form (see also Noone/Craig) this one could go either way. With the renegade gangster failing to prove himself 'Just Too Good' for Manchester United and having had his wings clipped by a humbling return to a crumbling League Two standard stadium in 19th Century Shithurst Park with his low IQ between his legs and a fat wallet in his back pocket, you do wonder what impact such a devastating blow could have on his traditionally inconsistent performances and motivation.

Oooh get you. Bitch, bitch, bitch. Not much point if you've got a 21st Century stadium with a load of Division 1 cast-offs and cheap foreign imports to play in it. I just love te way you watch your "stars" leave and then they fade away...Zamora excepted.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Oooh get you. Bitch, bitch, bitch. Not much point if you've got a 21st Century stadium with a load of Division 1 cast-offs and cheap foreign imports to play in it. I just love te way you watch your "stars" leave and then they fade away...Zamora excepted.

Low look here Daniel, do you honestly believe that any professional footballer has genuine aspirations to play for CPFC? Your strip is crap, your stadium is crap, your overall club image is crap and it's just all a bit underwhelming when it comes down to it. At least with us players know they're buying into something a bit flair and that there's a chance of seeing some blue sky up above every now and then and not the perennial slate grey skies of the SE postcode area.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Let's be honest, you love a BBS post or 2! You've even got a thread dedicated to you!

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=252933

Wow! Are you lot for real?

I normally avoid these pointless Albion v Palace twatfests but seriously, an entire thread on your message board about a poster on our message board! You bunch of complete melts, that might be the lamest thing I have ever seen on the internet. You really need to get out more.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you are right the laugh is that Palace before they were dubbed the "Eagles" in the early 1970's for marketing reason were known as " The Glaziers". Just like Brighton were known as "The Minnows" or something fishy like that.

As for your comments about burned-out wrecks, at least we've cleared our arson up. Yours is still afloat off the beach after decades of neglect....only a load of starling poo to decorate it.

"WE'VE cleared our arson up" ? - by "we" I take it you mean Croydon Borough Council, as opposed to some kind of community effort undertaken by the local plebs, unemployable scrotes and illiterate ratboys who infest that pitiful hovel which houses your lamentable excuse for a football club.

Oh, and piers don't float. They are fixed structures.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Of course he did :lolol:

Hah, that old chestnut. For the record I was never kicked off the bbs, my signon still works. I just don't bother with it any more. That away end is a neverending dull repetition of the same bunch of boring old tits endlessly recycling the same boring old arguments and put-downs. I sometimes sneak a peek occasionally (on a slow day), just on the vague offchance of there being anything of mild interest, but nope. Its still the usual tiresome dirge.

As for the "racism storm" (absolutely textbook 'Daily Mail' speak there). For suggesting that Mark Bright is probably only employed by the BBC to fulfill a quota ? Having seen what passes for his journalism skills, his toe-curling co-commentry, and the drivel on his twitter feed, I'm still at a loss as to how else he has a job there.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
"WE'VE cleared our arson up" ? - by "we" I take it you mean Croydon Borough Council, as opposed to some kind of community effort undertaken by the local plebs, unemployable scrotes and illiterate ratboys who infest that pitiful hovel which houses your lamentable excuse for a football club.

My daughter, a schoolgirl, took part in the cleanup along with several hundred other Croydon residents, who were particularly aggrieved that the majority of the rioters were from outside the borough.

Oh, and piers don't float. They are fixed structures.

Floating Piers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My daughter, a schoolgirl, took part in the cleanup along with several hundred other Croydon residents, who were particularly aggrieved that the majority of the rioters were from outside the borough.

Floating Piers

Fair play to your daughter then. Not quite sure how the residents could ascertain that the majority of the rioters were from outside the borough though - from my memory of the coverage at the time, I don't recall it being made an all-ticket event.

OK, OUR piers don't float. They are fixed structures. Which is more relevent to the conversation.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Palace as a club are (as we and many local businesses in south London all know) highly adept at utterly ripping people off. They're crafty two-bob spivs, always have been. And the fact that in this instance they managed to do this to Manchester United is not something I'll lose a lot of sleep over, in fact its quite funny. But it really was quite extraordinary the sheer amount of HYPE they managed to spin around Zaha. To any normal football-viewing person, he was a tricky winger who had severe balance issues in and around the box. Decent on his day, he could drop his shoulder and could sell more dummies than Mothercare, but ultimately he was flaky and inconsistent. Yet were to venture onto the pages of the BBS, you would think that you were reading about the Second Coming, the saviour of England - a combination of George Best, Pelé and Victor Moses. Christ, they even had gigantic POSTERS of him put up all around Croydon. Admittedly this was largely to cover up the charred and broken remains of the various burnt out firebombed slums while the council got the builders in, but even so - it worked ! He even got a hilarious cameo on the wing for Englands embarrassing stuffing in Sweden, at least offering some comic value on the night as he proceeded to, well, fall over a lot (as is the custom).

I think the signing of Zahahaha was probably Fergusons parting middle finger to the Glaziers on his way out. And fair play to Palace, they cashed in. But then they're pretty good at that. Just ask St Johns.

Bang on form. The Botster needs to look to his laurels. :thumbsup:

spence said:
You are in the wrong profession. You should be a sports journalist

He certainly has the hackneyed inaccuracy off pat.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You have to give it to Parish and co. in under 5 years the have built an established Premier League outfit.

The ceiling has probably been reached, if I were them wait for the next inflated TV deal, sell up and try and buy Leeds on the cheap

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How can you NOT mock Man U over this deal though [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] ? Its been an embarrassing catastrophe for them. Everyone was astounded when they parted with £10m+ for the human weeble, and although in the great scheme of things its barely a tiny dent in their vast corporate machine, it did show a startling lack of judgement. Fergie was either losing it, or on an almighty stitch-up. Either way, Shirley someone should've taken him to one side and said "hang on Taggert...are. you. SURE ??"

The fact Palace have coined it (again) is irritating. They have a knack of that though. Debts don't count, they can always start again when it all goes tits up, we've seen it time and time again. But I do still enjoy seeing a big club get its pants pulled down by a two-bob outfit like Palace. Fair play to Disney, he done them up like a kipper.

The next thing we're be buying Murray back at the end of the season, I wouldn't rule it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here