Zaha

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Excellent, cracking footballer, skill, pace, exciting.

Hope he gets to play and has a blinder and goes on to great things .... bloody marvelous. Well done Palace for nurturing such a top talent .Great to see smaller clubs producing quality players, with our flash new infrastructure hopefully we will create some similar gems sooner rather than later.

I don't HATE Palace because I am toilet trained.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stop our defence building the game from the back and we are a beaten side ,Palarse know that we know that the whole fcuking division knows it,5-0 to the scum on the 1st unless Gus starts working on his tactics

I don't why but I get the strangest feeling that you are going off Gus, Nutts. I have noticed that you have done the odd thread recently where you are not praising him to the rafters. Apologies if i have the wrong end of the stick. We know you love him really.

Take care Nutts/KevtheRev/BigBelly. :kiss:

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I think some people need to come to terms with rival's players not all being crap because they play for 'them'.
All the league are still our competition, palace are scum but not all the lads they hire are going to be rubbish.
If Oxlade-Chamberlain and Zaha turn out to be England's stars, do some of you imagine dropping support for England?

Only a few months ago people here were scoffing at a £4mil pricetag for Zaha!
Don't they wish we'd done everything to buy him for that?
Have any of ours increased in value like that?
What did we get for Noone?

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
palace might yet keep Zaha and get promoted.....or worse sell him and buy Buckley Bridcutt and Barnes to put alongside Murray.

Are we matching our stadium's quality with the level of our players?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
History is repeating itself, the last time our rivalry with Palace was on the up lower league winger Peter Taylor got selected to play for England. A transfer to Spurs happened soon afterwards:thumbsup:

Mixing with players on 100k a week will turn his head

Actually, to illustrate my point, what do we have on the from page of NSC at the moment?

The official ***Palace will blow it thread**
Zaha (This one).
Buckley ignored in call up shock. OK, not directly Palace but it was started because Zaha was!
Can't we have an away fan section? directed at..
Palace will win the league. Started by Palace troll. Still 5 pages.....
Winifred Zaha £4m? ...113 f*ing pages. Why start new threads on Zaha when he has his own sub forum on this one?
Palace top of the Champioship thread. Only 12 pages that one!
NSC Palace members.
We should be embarrassed. Again banned Blue but stll 3 pages. (last poster The Major - no surprise there then).
Crystal Palace will win the league because. Started by Selhurst regular TerryBerry1 (Albion allegedly). Only 7 pages that one.

Please note I did not start a fresh thread, as I would have added to the pollution that is filling up this board.

GIVE ME STRENGTH!

And not one of them started by me - I DEMAND AN APOLOGY !!! :flameboun

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Actually, to illustrate my point, what do we have on the from page of NSC at the moment?

The official ***Palace will blow it thread**
Zaha (This one).
Buckley ignored in call up shock. OK, not directly Palace but it was started because Zaha was!
Can't we have an away fan section? directed at..
Palace will win the league. Started by Palace troll. Still 5 pages.....
Winifred Zaha £4m? ...113 f*ing pages. Why start new threads on Zaha when he has his own sub forum on this one?
Palace top of the Champioship thread. Only 12 pages that one!
NSC Palace members.
We should be embarrassed. Again banned Blue but stll 3 pages. (last poster The Major - no surprise there then).
Crystal Palace will win the league because. Started by Selhurst regular TerryBerry1 (Albion allegedly). Only 7 pages that one.

Please note I did not start a fresh thread, as I would have added to the pollution that is filling up this board.

GIVE ME STRENGTH!

With you on this mate.

There is a lot of love for Palace on NSC these days.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Good, he is a quality player and I definitely wouldn't want to lose him to the Ivory Coast. I hope he gets picked for the next competitive match so that he's committed to England. That run for their goal on Saturday was fantastic.

You've got to hand it to Palace, they really do bring through some excellent young players. Its a shame Victor Moses is only going to be a bit part player for Chelsea and has chosen to play for Nigeria as he is also a superb player.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This can only be a good thing:

Tired legs
Chance of injury
More chance of being sold in January
Distraction for the lad as more press talk about him
Over inflated ego
Good chance of at least a temporary loss in form

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Madness, not even the best English winger in the Championship. He'll be playing for Ivory Coast in the ACN with Drogba next year.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Zaha is the type of player England should be producing, I'm actually quite glad. He's pacy, and technical. As much as we hate to admit it, he is the type of player Defenders f***ing hate. He's tricky, and will look for penalties. He lacks strength, but has the feet that can outwit any full back.

What's better is that this type of player will then be shown to the English youth, who will take inspiration from the technical play and move away from the hoof it to the big lump upfront.

And he's chosen to represent England over Ivory Coast, something we should be applauding as he sees England as his home nation. He puts on the England shirt and represents us all. I for one will be backing him, however, I am still skeptical of how easily he does go down.

But something's just happened as well. His value has probably shot through the roof, Palace are very likely to command a very nice fee for him if he wishes to go...

Good luck to the lad, hate him as I do because he plays for that lot up the road, you don't get linked with top premier clubs for many millions and get called up to the FULL national squad while playing in the Championship if you're a bit average.

Funny thing is though, if he scored a hat-trick after coming on at 85 minutes I would probably still call him a ****.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Just so you know... we're not planning to take less than £35m for him now ;)

In all seriousness though Blackadder is right. If you stop posting Palace threads we'll stop coming in here ;)

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

In all seriousness though Blackadder is right. If you stop posting Palace threads we'll stop coming in here ;)

I reckon there must be more Palace threads on here than there are on the BBS.

That being said I wouldn't know as I have never looked on the BBS as I am not a Palace fan.

Catch my drift :what:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

The whole COY(Insert initial of club here) is just a little bit naff, isn't it? I suppose you sing "ee i ee i ee i o up the football league we go" and wear a jesters hat to games as well.
At least you get goal music though, it's a nice way of conveying how lovely it is when your team scores a goal. I wish I could have all these things. In fact, I think I'm going to have to become a Palace fan, fapping rampantly whenever Winifred touches the ball, doing that dance where you move your arms up and down when they score and go on Brighton message boards and sign myself up as the f***ing lamest acronym ever discovered.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
The whole COY(Insert initial of club here) is just a little bit naff, isn't it? I suppose you sing "ee i ee i ee i o up the football league we go" and wear a jesters hat to games as well.
At least you get goal music though, it's a nice way of conveying how lovely it is when your team scores a goal. I wish I could have all these things. In fact, I think I'm going to have to become a Palace fan, fapping rampantly whenever Winifred touches the ball, doing that dance where you move your arms up and down when they score and go on Brighton message boards and sign myself up as the f***ing lamest acronym ever discovered.

You're quite correct WFP. My handle lacks any form of originality. Now if only I'd thought to use a massively overused AMERICAN political cliche such as [x] for President and inserted the name of a failed Brighton player who now plays for a League 2 club then I could feel much more happy. Can I ask an admin if I'm allowed to change my name to TuttleForSecretaryofState?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You're quite correct WFP. My handle lacks any form of originality. Now if only I'd thought to use a massively overused AMERICAN political cliche such as [x] for President and inserted the name of a failed Brighton player who now plays for a League 2 club then I could feel much more happy. Can I ask an admin if I'm allowed to change my name to TuttleForSecretaryofState?

It's meant to be ironic. I guess that's what you were going for?

My old man went to school with David Tuttle :lolol: Blast from the past.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
na I just wanted something simple to show I was a Palace fan. I considered Palace fan but thought it a bit too unoriginal ;)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Good idea, put off the clubs - that will stop him leaving......until he refuses to sign a new contract, hands in a transfer request and eventually leaves on a free* - if he knows he can get into the England squad, he would want to be playing regularly at the highest level and id expect the same for Buckley if he ever got a call-up - just we wouldnt overrate him.

*=Well, depending on what the tribunal agrees - probably about £5 Million

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
na I just wanted something simple to show I was a Palace fan. I considered Palace fan but thought it a bit too unoriginal ;)

You could have tried POS that would have done the trick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports