Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
Galatasaray?

Really??

Surely he had better offers than that.
Sounds like yet another contract decision he's going to regret.
Probably had better offers from Palace and elsewhere but if he wants to play for a really big club (because they certainly are), win titles and also compete in the CL, its a good choice.
Respect the bloke for making that choice, though I think he'll be back in a year or two.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's a good opportunity for Palace to spend that £200k per week that they offered on some decent prospects instead. If they did that, they'd perhaps actually end up better off without WZ. As it is, we know they'll make an absolute mess of replacing him, yet still manage to survive.
They probably won’t spend it at all if the close season so far is anything to go by.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
i for one am not be sad he wont be turning up for Palace this season

He was a slightly fading force, but still an excellent player, Palace are weaker without him
Same feelings here.

I had a Palace fan yesterday trying to convince me (and himself!) that they weren't worried about him going now as he was getting past it and that they would be better off with Eze and Olise in the team anyway. It was the most unconvincing argument ever. And then the Olise story broke too ...... :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
i for one am not be sad he wont be turning up for Palace this season

He was a slightly fading force, but still an excellent player, Palace are weaker without him
He also always turned up against us

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I imagine the lack of passion will be a disappointment to Wilf after the fervour of Selhurst Park and those 50 chaps in black jackets.

He never joshed about like that with the helmets up the '23 did he? How dare he!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Galatasaray manager Okan Buruk is married to a further Miss Turkey.

Wilf will fancy his chances …

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not that I believe he will last more than a year there - but €2M sign on fee and €4M wages a year. Nice work if you can get it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not that I believe he will last more than a year there - but €2M sign on fee and €4M wages a year. Nice work if you can get it
That's 77 Euros a week. That's £65K a week.

And he turned down £200 a week for that?

How strange.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here