Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
An incredibly clean tackler, our Yves.

Often comes in from angles that make it look likely he is going to foul. Rarely does.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I can’t believe some are worried about his shooting. Makalele and Kante have scored 35 goals between them in what is probably about 1000 matches. They have won title after title and one has won the World Cup and the other a runner up. He could be comparable to them, imho.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
£40 million pounds. It’s a decent deal for a very good player.

But it’s not a GREAT deal. I really hope Tony can pull it out the bag on this one, I’m dreaming of £50 million at least.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree. Always thought so.

If Sander Berge, who’s had one PL season in a relegated team is being touted at £30m surely Bissouma, a PL mainstay, one of the best in the league and arguably our PL player of the season should be worth significantly more.

Amazingly, I remember reading a week or two ago that Arsenal were looking at Bissouma as a cheaper option than signing Berge at Sheffield United. Can't remember where I read it - sorry! If I could, I'd link to it as comedy gold!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
£40 million pounds. It’s a decent deal for a very good player.

But it’s not a GREAT deal. I really hope Tony can pull it out the bag on this one, I’m dreaming of £50 million at least.

This.

These are the sort of transfers the top six are used to doing for central midfielders:

"Jorginho signed for English team Chelsea on a five-year contract on the same day as Sarri was hired at the club. He joined for a transfer fee of £50m with £7m in potential add-ons."

"On 5 June 2018, Premier League club Manchester United reached an agreement to sign Fred for a reported fee of £47 million."

"On 28 August 2017, a deal was struck for Keïta to join Liverpool on 1 July 2018 after the English club triggered his £48 million release clause in addition to paying an undisclosed premium."

"On 5 October 2020, Premier League club Arsenal announced the signing of Partey on a long-term contract, after activating his £45 million (€50 million) release clause with Atlético Madrid."

"On 2 July 2019, Ndombele signed for Tottenham Hotspur in a deal worth €62 million (£55.45 million) plus up to €10 million (£8.97 million) in add-ons."

"On 3 July 2019, Manchester City met the terms of Rodri's £62.6 million release clause, enabling him to buy out the remainder of his contract with Atlético and leave the club. The transfer was a new record transfer fee paid by Manchester City."

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The difficulty is the depressed market, clubs hit by COVID. Not many of the top 6 really have 'rich' benefactors putting cash into the club either. But also Biss only has 2 years left on his contract so difficult line to tread as to what to do

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
There's an argument to say this would be good for him (leaving aside the potential mega bucks if he moves now).

He's a fantastic player but taking off my blue and white glasses he's not - yet - quite the finished article.

Being super critical, his shooting needs to improve and sometimes he looks like a walking yellow card.

These two things will probably improve if he goes to a top six club now but so they would if he stayed with us for a bit.

Are we getting a bit carried away as to how good he really is?

At the end of the day it'll be down to him whether he wants to go now or give Potter the chance to put the finishing touches.

Having said all that, I think he will probably move on now and if he does, bloody good luck to him.
I agree with you. If he had 4 or 5 goals or assists to his name, to go with his very good midfield play, he'd be snapped up this Summer at a high price. But he's not quite there yet.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
This.

These are the sort of transfers the top six are used to doing for central midfielders:

"Jorginho signed for English team Chelsea on a five-year contract on the same day as Sarri was hired at the club. He joined for a transfer fee of £50m with £7m in potential add-ons."

"On 5 June 2018, Premier League club Manchester United reached an agreement to sign Fred for a reported fee of £47 million."

"On 28 August 2017, a deal was struck for Keïta to join Liverpool on 1 July 2018 after the English club triggered his £48 million release clause in addition to paying an undisclosed premium."

"On 5 October 2020, Premier League club Arsenal announced the signing of Partey on a long-term contract, after activating his £45 million (€50 million) release clause with Atlético Madrid."

"On 2 July 2019, Ndombele signed for Tottenham Hotspur in a deal worth €62 million (£55.45 million) plus up to €10 million (£8.97 million) in add-ons."

"On 3 July 2019, Manchester City met the terms of Rodri's £62.6 million release clause, enabling him to buy out the remainder of his contract with Atlético and leave the club. The transfer was a new record transfer fee paid by Manchester City."

...and Rodri made a superb assist to Trossard last week...proving his quality 🤣

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If we don't get £45m, I think we will hold out and not sell him for less.

We'll then offer an enhanced contract extension which will guarantee his financial security in the event of injury.
It will also allow the club to retain some control over future transfer dealings.

If Bissouma doesn't sign a new contract and no club pays our price, the player and the club will both be gambling their position and hope they don't lose out.
I'm confident Bloom, Barber and Ashworth have a plan for every scenario.

I noticed on Instagram that he's flown away on his holidays already. The lad has certainly earned a rest.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The two year contract thing is a slight red herring imo - two years is a long time to play out a contract when there would be a large wage increase sitting on the table to sign.

I don't think we'll keep him against his will if a proper offer comes in from Liverpool or similar, but nor do I think he will be able to hold us to ransom if the offer isn't big enough

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The 'shot on him' seems alright to me. :)

BQbqhn

9Fykrt

TuwzxT

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Have people seen how good Caceido is at tackling? Look on YouTube, he's incredible.

We'd be mad to turn down £45m plus add ons for the sake of another season imho

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Have people seen how good Caceido is at tackling? Look on YouTube, he's incredible.

But you have to ask why Caceido hasn’t played yet if he’s that good?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

We’re not “turning down £45 for the sake of another season” unless we’re going to release him on a free next summer. We’d still probably get 25~30m for him with a year left on his deal. If that gives Caicdeo an entire year where he can get used to the Premier League without the pressure of having to step up and be the replacement for our best player then it might be something the club think is worth considering.

I think he’ll go this summer FWIW - to either Liverpool or City but there’s certainly an upside to keeping him here another year if we don’t get the bid we want.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
:eek: £62m and he’s sh|thouse! :mad: :mad: :mad:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports