Not open for further replies.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 11.06.51.png

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
BBC quoting that Arsenal have moved on and aren't looking at Yves any more. Maybe put off by our price , don't have the money, or looking at alternatives. It's looking more likely that Liverpool will get him as they have just secured CL football next season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
BBC quoting that Arsenal have moved on and aren't looking at Yves any more. Maybe put off by our price , don't have the money, or looking at alternatives. It's looking more likely that Liverpool will get him as they have just secured CL football next season.

Equally Likely Arsenal have been told by Biss' team that he wants CL football................not their decision to 'move on' :)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Could be bad news. The fewer clubs bidding means a lower price

Could be good news. Liverpool might decide an alternative option is better value and so it increases the chances of him staying.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I suspect that it won’t just be PL teams looking at him. I am sure a lot of European clubs in the CL will be sniffing round. Whether or not they have the money we will hold out for is another thing! He certainly didn’t do himself any harm in that last game.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Does anyone else feel that £40m is a little bit too cheap in today's money?

I think if Liverpool signed him for £60m+ their fans wouldn't batter too much of an eyelid.

Me.

I think the £30m and then £40m rumours are a little wide of the mark.

If Liverpool have contacted the club looking for a Wijnaldum replacement and if Man City have approached us seeking a Fernandinho alternative, what price to people think Tony will be quoting?? There has been talk about Arsenal having a deal in place but I think this is BS too, he is going to a bigger club. I'd not be surprised if Man Utd ask us the question either as Biss is a better DM than any player they have on their books.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I think if Liverpool signed him for £60m+ their fans wouldn't batter too much of an eyelid.

Agree. Always thought so.

If Sander Berge, who’s had one PL season in a relegated team is being touted at £30m surely Bissouma, a PL mainstay, one of the best in the league and arguably our PL player of the season should be worth significantly more.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
What is the cost of relegation? £200m, £300m?

At the moment Bissouma is part of the insurance policy against relegation so surely isn't likely to be sold unless he insists on going. Which is a different matter to selling to make a profit.

The question then is; are top PL and European clubs ready to buy?

Maybe not now, but in a year's time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

That sounds a bit Scottish, not sure Yves would like the deep fried Mars bar treatment on his eyelids

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Me.

I think the £30m and then £40m rumours are a little wide of the mark.

If Liverpool have contacted the club looking for a Wijnaldum replacement and if Man City have approached us seeking a Fernandinho alternative, what price to people think Tony will be quoting?? There has been talk about Arsenal having a deal in place but I think this is BS too, he is going to a bigger club. I'd not be surprised if Man Utd ask us the question either as Biss is a better DM than any player they have on their books.

I suppose the question is whether todays money is less than the money of 2 years ago.

I expect derisory offers at first and possibly transfer day brinkmanship.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

As crazy as it sounds, yes. Unfortunately, that's what happens when you play for a #TeamLikeBrighton.

If the selling club was one of the GIANTS of the game, such as Leeds United or Sheffield Wednesday, you're looking at £100m offers just to start negotiations...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
My 75 year old dad sent me a text this morning asking if bissouma was leaving. I have no idea, obviously, but for him to feel the urge to pick up his phone and send me message shows the media have definitely spotted how good he is.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Bizarrely... I'm expecting Yves to stay one more season. His videos reveal he feels very much part of the Brighton family. One more year, until his PL self confidence is rock solid, then he'll feel ready to move 🤞🤞

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Bizarrely... I'm expecting Yves to stay one more season. His videos reveal he feels very much part of the Brighton family. One more year, until his PL self confidence is rock solid, then he'll feel ready to move 🤞🤞

He’d need to sign a contract extension then, no way will the club let him get to 1 year left. He’ll go this window or sign another contract IMO.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
My 75 year old dad sent me a text this morning asking if bissouma was leaving. I have no idea, obviously, but for him to feel the urge to pick up his phone and send me message shows the media have definitely spotted how good he is.

Love this. Good old dad knows the score [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here