Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Oh, must be true then,

Argus quoting a source at the club is clearly fake news.

Is there a single newspaper that someone would trust on football gossip and I thought that the Argus gets pelters on here for their Albion coverage.
I was just saying that The Telegraph are reporting that Biss wants a move, up to the individual if they want to believe it or not.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Is there a single newspaper that someone would trust on football gossip and I thought that the Argus gets pelters on here for their Albion coverage.
I was just saying that The Telegraph are reporting that Biss wants a move, up to the individual if they want to believe it or not.

Then why bother posting what the Telegraph said?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Er, because the thread is saying that some newspapers are saying that he wants to go and others are saying the opposite and I said here is another that thinks he does.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I know many of the people who make these stories up, and I can assure you that Andy Naylor and Brian Owen are two of the very few people I would rely on to get Albion transfer stories right, especially where outgoing transfers are concerned. I would be 99 percent sure that the Torygraph are just copying the Times story, and I'll bet you any money that neither paper has bothered to contact the club, for fear of having their story knocked down. One of the writers has a single contact that he relies on for most of his stories, and that person has no known links with Bissouma.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Don't think there will be silly money thrown about this summer. I also don't think Biss going is a foregone conclusion either. Tony has had players itching for big moves before, and he's played them with a straight bat. Bissouma might have just as much value to us even getting 2 more years out of him then selling him on. TB will know it will be £20m to bring a suitable replacement candidate in with potential. So anything below £40m isn't going to make him blink, especially if £30m for White was knocked back. I suspect it will take £50m+ and I don't think many of the big clubs are going to be banding about that kind of cash on unproven players, and what I mean by unproven is those without CL experience.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I know many of the people who make these stories up, and I can assure you that Andy Naylor and Brian Owen are two of the very few people I would rely on to get Albion transfer stories right, especially where outgoing transfers are concerned. I would be 99 percent sure that the Torygraph are just copying the Times story, and I'll bet you any money that neither paper has bothered to contact the club, for fear of having their story knocked down. One of the writers has a single contact that he relies on for most of his stories, and that person has no known links with Bissouma.

Also any article about a transfer target for the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal is basically guaranteed internet traffic (as close as you can get to printing money) so it's in their interests to hype it up for the hits.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Agree with all of this. The national media has an incredibly low success rate in accurately predicting these transfers, as they are just written on the basis of what will sell a newspaper or generate a click than any actual scoop. Sometimes it will be a leak from an agent, but this will always be leaked with an agenda. It dosen't mean it's going to happen.

Local papers do have genuine contacts, but even then, all you're likely to get is a no, rather than a yes. It's never in the clubs interest for the story to appear in the media so they will be guarded.

None of this means that Yves will stay. I would be surprised if there aren't bids. But I don't buy into the inevitability of his departure. There was even a thread re-allocating his song to Caicedo. Bloody hell talk about premature

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm definitely not as certain as others that he is 100% off this summer. I also don't agree with the narrative he'd be worse if he stayed one more season. Quite the opposite.

I'd love it if Tony/PB/Graham could convince him to give us "one more season" - with the right signings we're flying into upper mid table and his value is bolstered by a further £10m.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm definitely not as certain as others that he is 100% off this summer. I also don't agree with the narrative he'd be worse if he stayed one more season. Quite the opposite.

I'd love it if Tony/PB/Graham could convince him to give us "one more season" - with the right signings we're flying into upper mid table and his value is bolstered by a further £10m.

Flip side is in 12 months time, I think he only has 1 year left on his contract

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
Flip side is in 12 months time, I think he only has 1 year left on his contract

But.....
If you sat down with Biss and said give us another season and we won't stand in the way next season, here's a new contract extra ££££ wages and additional year added to keep you us honest. = win/win

TBH I do think he will go this summer, too many clubs being linked and someone will stump up £40m plus

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
But.....
If you sat down with Biss and said give us another season and we won't stand in the way next season, here's a new contract extra ££££ wages and additional year added to keep you us honest. = win/win

TBH I do think he will go this summer, too many clubs being linked and someone will stump up £40m plus

A number of clubs are being linked yes, and let's say for a moment that the newspaper reports are accurate, that's still a world away from a bid which is likely to be accepted. These clubs will be operating a cluster policy, Biss will be on a list alongside Rice, Goretzka (sp) and certainly a few others.

We're just linking the fact that Yves is on a list with a big club to the conclusion that he's gone. But that's what football fans are like. They worry unduly. Most on this site were worried about relegation 3 days ago even though we were 10 points clear with 4 games left.

He may go of course. But it's far from certain.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But.....

But longer contract potentially reduces a signing on fee he may or may not be able to get. If you were Biss agent, unless the deal we offered was huge, you'd probably advise him to sign a new one if there really is interest in him at bigger clubs

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I agree with that - but in a year's time, if he hasn't signed a new deal, his value will have fallen.

Solution - give him a stonking new 5 year contract!

Yes - I now it's not my money, but I really don't want him to leave - he's been outstanding for us this season.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There's a good chance he'll go, i think that's fair to say. And the sad thing is we've missed out on seeing one of the very best Brighton players ever in the flesh. His performative since the start of the first lockdown have been immense, a shame its not been in front of a full stadium

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
My opinion is unchanged from earlier in the season.

I think he’s definitely going. And I don’t fear it, this is the sustainable model we want. We have other talent coming through.

I trust the club to get a great deal for us and the more clubs interested the better.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
My opinion is unchanged from earlier in the season.

I think he’s definitely going. And I don’t fear it, this is the sustainable model we want. We have other talent coming through.

I trust the club to get a great deal for us and the more clubs interested the better.

What’s the basis for the certainty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here