Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just when I think I can't love him more :lolol:

EzqPtNoWQAIYbmp.jpeg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yves Bissouma has been speaking about the influence of Graham Potter.

�� “Graham is like my father. He’s the one who gave me confidence again.

�� “I consider myself a #BHAFC player. We have a very good team. We can go very far. I think we deserve to be in the top ten.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19263287.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Read that article, have I miss read it when did Bissoma play under Bielsa?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Yves Bissouma has been speaking about the influence of Graham Potter.

�� “Graham is like my father. He’s the one who gave me confidence again.

�� “I consider myself a #BHAFC player. We have a very good team. We can go very far. I think we deserve to be in the top ten.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19263287.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

He had a lot of good things to say about CH too.

“In my short career he is the best manager I’ve had. He’s a man who helps me understand things on a daily basis and never stops exploring ways for me to get better, not just in football but in life. He’s not just a coach, he’s like another father to me. When I first arrived there were some complications with my family getting visas and he went to fight for me. And when my wife and I had our first child, he sent a present and card to our house. And there are so many other things he’s done to help me. He’s very different to other managers I’ve had. They have all been good but he is great.”

He wasn't a fan of the GOD when at Lille I remember reading. Kept trying to play him at right back.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Liverpool chief contacts Brighton over Bissouma availability

Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards has reportedly contacted Brighton about a move for midfielder Yves Bissouma.

The Reds are leading the race for Bissouma’s signature and want to sign him if they lose Gini Wijnaldum this summer.

Brighton manager Graham Potter has been repeatedly asked about the player’s future but is keen to avoid the topic.

https://www.football365.com/news/li...-brighton-yves-bissouma-transfer-availability

Is this the start of a bidding war?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I think a figure of £40m has been muted, however, Edwards is a shrewd operator and I would expect the Reds to try and do a player plus cash deal. Lots of players to choose from Origi, Wilson, Although,

“I don’t have much to say about that because I’m at Brighton for the moment,” Bissouma said this week. “I consider myself a Brighton player, so the most important thing right now is to stay up.

“We’ll try and stay up and see how things go next season. I think that we’ve got a very good team. We deserve our place in the Premier League. I think that we deserve to be higher up in the table.”

So usual journo rubbish..

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think a figure of £40m has been muted, however, Edwards is a shrewd operator and I would expect the Reds to try and do a player plus cash deal. Lots of players to choose from Origi, Wilson, Although,

“I don’t have much to say about that because I’m at Brighton for the moment,” Bissouma said this week. “I consider myself a Brighton player, so the most important thing right now is to stay up.

“We’ll try and stay up and see how things go next season. I think that we’ve got a very good team. We deserve our place in the Premier League. I think that we deserve to be higher up in the table.”

Mooted means discussed.

Muted means make quiet.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Liverpool chief contacts Brighton over Bissouma availability

Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards has reportedly contacted Brighton about a move for midfielder Yves Bissouma.

The Reds are leading the race for Bissouma’s signature and want to sign him if they lose Gini Wijnaldum this summer.

Brighton manager Graham Potter has been repeatedly asked about the player’s future but is keen to avoid the topic.

https://www.football365.com/news/li...-brighton-yves-bissouma-transfer-availability

Is this the start of a bidding war?

This phrase gets bandied about a lot in relation to the possible transfer of players, but is there ever actually a bidding war that forces up the price? Or does the selling club simply have an idea of what they value their player at, and if a club meets that value, they are given permission to speak to the player?

I suspect Albion have a clear idea of the price they would accept for Bissouma, and I remain unconvinced that the price would change based upon the number of clubs who may be interested this summer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This phrase gets bandied about a lot in relation to the possible transfer of players, but is there ever actually a bidding war that forces up the price? Or does the selling club simply have an idea of what they value their player at, and if a club meets that value, they are given permission to speak to the player?

I suspect Albion have a clear idea of the price they would accept for Bissouma, and I remain unconvinced that the price would change based upon the number of clubs who may be interested this summer.

Not so sure about that. If "only" Liverpool wants to sign him this summer and Brighton are asking for say £45m and they pay up, that will be the fee. But if five or six clubs are willing to pay, TB could tell Bissoumas favoured option "give me £55m and I'll accept your bid and tell the other clubs to **** off". Not completely unreal, I would guess. Too many bidders is an indication that perhaps the price tag is too low and could/should be adjusted.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Whatever we sell him for, Tony will get us a great deal on our terms.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Mooted means discussed.

Muted means make quiet.

Too quick for me. I was going to say if it was muted, how did he hear it?:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool will pay top whack for a player they really want just like they did for VVD. Didn’t Southampton get top dollar for all the players they sold to Liverpool, and there were quite a few?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The (obviously very junior) journo writing for Football365 thanks we would get 'Top Dollar' for Bissouma.However, e then goes on to reckon top dollar (for little old Brighton) would be about £30M! He/she then goes on to say that Bissouma would be a cheaper option for Liverpool than buying a midfielder from relegated Sheffield United!
:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here