Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The (obviously very junior) journo writing for Football365 thanks we would get 'Top Dollar' for Bissouma.However, e then goes on to reckon top dollar (for little old Brighton) would be about £30M! He/she then goes on to say that Bissouma would be a cheaper option for Liverpool than buying a midfielder from relegated Sheffield United!
:facepalm:

They works perfectly fine. No need to worry about He/She.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
35 + Origi would be my preference

Sell Proper for the reported 8-10m euros and we have done well to shape the squad and make inroads into this years loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Oh come on !
Bissouma is a £60k player all day long

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
35 + Origi would be my preference

Sell Proper for the reported 8-10m euros and we have done well to shape the squad and make inroads into this years loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d really rather PX him at Chelsea with Abraham who I think is a better all round player than Origi. Either way, it would be good to find a way of not paying Lille the sell-on fee by doing some sort of swap. As you only pay out the percentage on top of the original fee, I’d be looking at £15m plus Abraham.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool will pay top whack for a player they really want just like they did for VVD. Didn’t Southampton get top dollar for all the players they sold to Liverpool, and there were quite a few?

And Tottenham, manager and players.

Pochettino
Bale
Hojbjerg
Gazzaniga
Alderweirald (Spuds gazumped Stains, after a successful loan at the latter).
Wanyama

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not any more it isn't........had training on it in my last firm, lest I offend any gender-fluid staff members who may choose to be addressed as 'they'...............

https://www.healthline.com/health/gender-fluid#pronouns

Sorry, but I'll call bollocks on that, no matter how many 'experts' think that language should be changed to suit their preferences. He, she, it, they - hell's bells, it's even that way in Latin from 2000 years ago, let alone English. I for one will never give an iota of ground on this. Sorry - no abuse to those that think he/she/it/they should all be synonymous, but he/she/it/they are fvcking about with language.
Thank fvck I never worked for your last firm.
I say this as someone who once went on a training course, which included a session on race relations. This was back in the 80's. When asked how I dealt with black people (that was a phrase allowed to be used back then - anyway, the lady using it and running the session was BAME), I said I tried to treat everyone fairly and equally, listen to what they were saying and be polite - aha! - I was interrupted (with relish, I'm afraid; she - or must I say they - had found a target/victim)........"Politeness is just a mechanism to hide your racism" I was informed.
I should have walked out; to my shame, I just sat and took it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry, but I'll call bollocks on that, no matter how many 'experts' think that language should be changed to suit their preferences. He, she, it, they - hell's bells, it's even that way in Latin from 2000 years ago, let alone English. I for one will never give an iota of ground on this. Sorry - no abuse to those that think he/she/it/they should all be synonymous, but he/she/it/they are fvcking about with language.
I say this as someone who once went on a training course, which included a session on race relations. This was back in the 80's. When asked how I dealt with black people (that was a phrase allowed to be used back then - anyway, the lady using it and running the session was BAME), I said I tried to treat everyone fairly and equally, listen to what they were saying and be polite - aha! - I was interrupted (with relish, I'm afraid; she - or must I say they - had found a target/victim)........"Politeness is just a mechanism to hide your racism" I was informed.

I hear you....it's not just my last firm though I'm afraid.......now very common (and only a matter of time before someone ends up in court for failing to use it probably) . Yes, though, it is fvcking about with our language - we have friends who have a 'fluid' offspring - the conversations are in a way hilarious as we all flit between he, she and they and continually get it wrong. To me 'they' is plural and I can't get used to using it. I asked what was wrong with 'it' (singular, indeterminate gender ?)..............that didn't go down well either :lolol::lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s The Star, but I can well believe the cheapskate price of £30m. Arsenal have form and after another disastrous season are a million mile away from Euro riches.

AB095938-ACDE-46E4-B1D2-0B9475DB5720.png

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If Arsenal think they can get Yves for £30m when they paid £70m for Pepe then they really are deluded. Anyway, Liverpool will offer a lot more and if Yves wants to win things that's where he will go.
I think Arsenal think they are in prime position as Yves has a lot of French speaking mates there. Ultimately money talks and I don't think Arsenal are that flush. However, £20-25m and Ainsley Maitland-Niles and perhaps we'll consider it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Arsenal think they can get Yves for £30m when they paid £70m for Pepe then they really are deluded. Anyway, Liverpool will offer a lot more and if Yves wants to win things that's where he will go.
I think Arsenal think they are in prime position as Yves has a lot of French speaking mates there. Ultimately money talks and I don't think Arsenal are that flush. However, £20-25m and Ainsley Maitland-Niles and perhaps we'll consider it.

London hacks bang on about Bissouma being a lifelong Gooner.

I hope he sees beyond that, when he departs, to join a club anywhere in Europe that can win big trophies.

Arsenal are far more than a Bissouma away from getting anywhere near that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It is interesting that you cite language going back 200 years to make your argument. There are so many examples of language changing and adapting throughout history.

You can argue that gender may not be fluid but using the suggestion that language isn't fluid is a stretch at best.

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports