Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Gary Lineker tweeted about him at half time. The secret is our folks. He improved every side in the league apart from possibly Man City. Chances of him being a Brighton player next season is slim but the sales pitch to other quality young players would be amazing.

1. Play good football
2. Give young players a chance
3. If you earn the big move we won’t stand in your way

We are never going to be a corporate global giant to compete so we need to develop players. Biss could be just the start.

Think Pep would be delighted for Biss to replace vital but ageing Fernandinho

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Gary Lineker tweeted about him at half time. The secret is our folks. He improved every side in the league apart from possibly Man City. Chances of him being a Brighton player next season is slim but the sales pitch to other quality young players would be amazing.

1. Play good football
2. Give young players a chance
3. If you earn the big move we won’t stand in your way

We are never going to be a corporate global giant to compete so we need to develop players. Biss could be just the start.

Actually, he’s exactly what City need to push on that little bit more, and Liverpool also really need someone like him. He would fit perfectly into either side, he’s comfortably good enough.

And whatever high price we do get for him, I do think we do need to prepare ourselves for the fact he will be impossible to replace. Whoever starts in his place will not be near to his level, he is a bit of a one off and comparitively up there with Lawro as the greatest player we’ve ever had. I’m still not sure all Brighton fans quite appreciate how just good he is.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My hunch is that he’ll go in the Summer. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if he signed a new deal. I do think there’s far too many assumptions he’s ‘definitely off’ on here. It just seems weird many have basically resigned themselves to selling one of our best players - maybe a lot to do with media hype and rumours?!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Go on then mate.

Dig the quote from "people within the club" and post it here.

I must have missed it

Graham Potter in February: “In order for us to develop and grow, you have to have the confidence and ability to make a sale at the right time for the right price.

“Everybody knows the football pyramid is what it is. It isn’t anything to be afraid of, it’s something to be proud of.

“But what you have to ensure is you carry on improving, otherwise it has a negative effect.

“That’s where the challenge is but, for us to move forward, it is something we have to understand as a club.

“Otherwise, what happens is you stick with your players, the salaries increase and increase and then you’re hit with a point where your structures have gone awry.

“That process is something we have to be intelligent with but be brave enough to be able to understand why we’re doing it and always try to develop the club.”

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Graham Potter in February: “In order for us to develop and grow, you have to have the confidence and ability to make a sale at the right time for the right price.

“Everybody knows the football pyramid is what it is. It isn’t anything to be afraid of, it’s something to be proud of.

“But what you have to ensure is you carry on improving, otherwise it has a negative effect.

“That’s where the challenge is but, for us to move forward, it is something we have to understand as a club.

“Otherwise, what happens is you stick with your players, the salaries increase and increase and then you’re hit with a point where your structures have gone awry.

“That process is something we have to be intelligent with but be brave enough to be able to understand why we’re doing it and always try to develop the club.”

Tku. I didnt see that quote before. Sound thinking again from GPott and the club. Also letting those that shine, go to higher clubs can only make us more attractive to youngsters like Biss, Lamptey, Moises etc..

Just please not Man Utd. Anybody but slabhead and his mates.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Well we have someone waiting to fill his role in the side.

Just depends whether he is going to be ready come the summer.

Biss has been outstanding for us this season, BUT we do have some young players pushing to take that role and if selling Biss for £50m means we can finally spend on the striker we need then maybe this summer is the time to pull the trigger.

There are several factors in play (someone meeting his value etc) but I think the main one is whether he signs a new contract before or during the summer. If not I fully expect us to cash in while his value is highest.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Smith got MOTM right in my opinion ...Biss was class
I think his spectacular goals are a complete fluke, going by 99% of his shots. A bit like the Simmo specials I used to score..

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just think how much he would be if he could keep the ball down when shooting. I can see a lot of rugby teams drooling over his drop goal potential.
He has an uncanny knack of keeping hold of the ball in tight situations apart from his ability to nick the ball off of players. We shouldn’t let him go before we have another holding midfielder that can do (almost) a similar job.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My hunch is that he’ll go in the Summer. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if he signed a new deal. I do think there’s far too many assumptions he’s ‘definitely off’ on here. It just seems weird many have basically resigned themselves to selling one of our best players - maybe a lot to do with media hype and rumours?!

More to do about how the best players usually end up in the best/richest clubs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just think how much he would be if he could keep the ball down when shooting. I can see a lot of rugby teams drooling over his drop goal potential.
He has an uncanny knack of keeping hold of the ball in tight situations apart from his ability to nick the ball off of players. We shouldn’t let him go before we have another holding midfielder that can do (almost) a similar job.

Isn’t Caicedo similar?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
If we lose Bissouma it'll be to a genuinely historic football club such as Liverpool, Real Madrid maybe Arsenal would be dissapointed if he left us for a West Ham or Leicester it's a small step up but I think he'd be better off staying with us. I also wouldn't be surprised if he stays for a long time as he clearly loves it here.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
If we lose Bissouma it'll be to a genuinely historic football club such as Liverpool, Real Madrid maybe Arsenal would be dissapointed if he left us for a West Ham or Leicester it's a small step up but I think he'd be better off staying with us. I also wouldn't be surprised if he stays for a long time as he clearly loves it here.

David Moyes was at the game last night. Wouldn't be surprised if he is thinking he could be a replacement for Declan Rice. Yes would be a great shame

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Apart from a pay rise, Is West Ham much of a step up ? they could easily be back down in the bottom half again soon.

a step up in wages which is the only thing that will matter probably

Biss is quality. Imagine if he could score regularly though

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Bissouma to West Ham?!!!! That has given me a proper laugh this morning!

When he leaves us he is going to the top, not a perennial premier league struggler having a one off freakish season. I like Rice but Biss is better than him.

Agree, a big reason behind Rice being over hyped is he’s English. As simple as that.

If/when Biss leaves it’ll be to a Champions League staple club. He’s that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports