Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He is good but he's also erratic and hasn't really been consistent until the end of last season. I dont think he's a top 6 player yet even if he has the potential to be one.

I disagree, I think he's shown his class and ability to play at the highest level from day 1. In his first season (and this isn't an anti-Hughton thing), he wasn't used correctly. He wasn't played in his correct position but also wasn't given a proper run in the side to get settled. He should have been first choice in that season as he is miles better than Stephens and Propper.

The performance against Palace in that season in the 3.1 home win with 10 men, when he was played in his correct position, was one of the best individual performances I've seen from an Albion player.

Hopefully we'll be able to keep him for this season but I'd be surprised if he wasn't bought by a top 4 club for big money by next summer.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If we're not willing to sell White then I'd be amazed if we sold Bissouma this summer. Or if we did it would be for bazillions. He's maturing from a player with potential into the real deal. I'm really looking forward to seeing him boss midfield next season.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Bissouma is a player I really 'missed on', in terms of realising how special he could be. I've always thought of him as another one of our young signings that we hope we can develop, who was slowly developing into a reliable squad player. I always imagined his transfer fee was 1 or 2 million and we'd plucked him from some obscure club. I liked him, especially liked his character, but haven't ever thought of him much more than that

How wrong I was. I was astonished to find out a month or so ago that his transfer fee was £15m plus. Looking back at page 1 of this thread he came from Lille where he was playing with Pepe and some people on here had heard of him.His sudden arrival as first choice CM this year really caught me off guard. I've always seen moments in his play that impress me, but I guess I've never focused too much on him for a whole game.

But then you realise - £15m on a 20 year old, the only youngster that Hughton had faith in and gave game time to. £15m for a 20 year old prospect, wow! Potter schooling him in his tactics until bang - he's ready and he's first choice. Some really good performances. And now this apparent interest from the best clubs in the country.

Yes, I missed on Biss - so this is rather exciting for me. I've only just caught on, so for me it's like a new star player for next year!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I disagree, I think he's shown his class and ability to play at the highest level from day 1. In his first season (and this isn't an anti-Hughton thing), he wasn't used correctly. He wasn't played in his correct position but also wasn't given a proper run in the side to get settled. He should have been first choice in that season as he is miles better than Stephens and Propper.

The performance against Palace in that season in the 3.1 home win with 10 men, when he was played in his correct position, was one of the best individual performances I've seen from an Albion player.

Hopefully we'll be able to keep him for this season but I'd be surprised if he wasn't bought by a top 4 club for big money by next summer.

Fully agree, Biss was immense that day. He definitely shined whenever picked by Hughton but for one reason or another never got a consistent run of games.

He’s been given more opportunities under GP and he has taken them.

Please don’t sell him yet. But he will go one day, no doubt to a top 6 outfit or better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1294303426122321928[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Honestly all this interest in our players is just going to intensify every transfer window.

It’s a good sign. Stressful though. Bissouma is one of my favourite players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
One of our most important and best players, we don't want to start taking one step forward and 2 back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Youngest in his year at school!!!

[tweet]1299965075286093824[/tweet]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here