Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
U can bet your life that when he scores one it’ll be a worldy and we’ll all be wondering why he never shoots :shrug:
Didn't he score that screaming free kick in pretty much his first Albion appearance in the pre-season friendly at Birmingham? If you'd have told me that 2 years later he would've played 40 odd league games without scoring, I'd have looked at you strangely.

Strikes me as similar to Davy in this respect - he has plenty of attacking ability, can drift passed an opponent as if they're not there and carry the team up the pitch but will either opt not to shoot or look horribly out of practice on the occasion he has a pop.

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
what's really impressed me is an improvement in two things: work rate and passing. he's improved both of these significantly. he's always been a very technically gifted footballer but now he looks like an integral part of the engine room, he's stopped giving the ball away and he's giving 110% every game this has allowed him to totally dominate the midfield in games since the restart. at the start of the season he was the one player I was most excited to see what GP could do with, and I think the results are looking very good right now

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm another huge fan, he has almost eradicated the error prone pass on the edge of the area he was liable to make in a match. With the correct coaching he is fast becoming our " must pick" midfielder. I still remember the stormer he had v Palace when we were defending with ten men in the second half to protect our lead, he was immense that day and loved the passion and celebration at the final whistle.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I've been really impressed by him. He's always had bursts of being hugely promising but with no consistency, so it's great to see how far he's come in the last season. If only he (and all of our midfield) could shoot...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He was always good under Hughton as well don’t forget..

I think the difference is he’s now getting a run of games. And Dale is not undroppable anymore.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm another huge fan, he has almost eradicated the error prone pass on the edge of the area he was liable to make in a match. With the correct coaching he is fast becoming our " must pick" midfielder. I still remember the stormer he had v Palace when we were defending with ten men in the second half to protect our lead, he was immense that day and loved the passion and celebration at the final whistle.

Yeh, he's jumped ahead of the other midfielders in the pecking order. Not a chance he would have let Greenwood go as Stephens did, or decide that Shaw was no threat going into the box as Propper did or run so badly out of steam as Mooy did against Arsenal. In my mind, all those others, plus Alzate and Molumby will start next season trying to get a place in the team alongside Bissouma.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He was always good under Hughton as well don’t forget..

I think the difference is he’s now getting a run of games. And Dale is not undroppable anymore.

Closer to unpickable on current form!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's been excellent and could count ourselves lucky he didnt perform like that in the fall since it would have been close to impossible to keep him for next season as any team of any size looking for a good DMC would have a close look at him.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I think he is going to be brilliant. That said the first 20 mins vs United were weird. He kept diving in and being skinned. Once he calmed down he was good. He just seems to drift round people trying to tackle him. He is going to be very very good.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Reading back in this thread to when he was first signed it seems extraordinary that NOBODY suggested or predicted the song that was to become his.
It was so obvious.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeh, he's jumped ahead of the other midfielders in the pecking order. Not a chance he would have let Greenwood go as Stephens did, or decide that Shaw was no threat going into the box as Propper did or run so badly out of steam as Mooy did against Arsenal. In my mind, all those others, plus Alzate and Molumby will start next season trying to get a place in the team alongside Bissouma.

Yes all of this, has really kicked on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m starting to become a bit of a Biss fanboy. He’s quick, strong, can tackle, very good in possession under pressure and can ghost past a defender with delightful ease. He’s the first midfielder on the team sheet for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m starting to become a bit of a Biss fanboy. He’s quick, strong, can tackle, very good in possession under pressure and can ghost past a defender with delightful ease. He’s the first midfielder on the team sheet for me.
I know what you mean, it's tough to phrase this without sounding like a tw@t, but as that's never stopped me in the past, here goes:-

He seems like he's really enjoying himself and is good fun.

I too am enjoying this new stage in Biss' Albion career.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I know what you mean, it's tough to phrase this without sounding like a tw@t, but as that's never stopped me in the past, here goes:-

He seems like he's really enjoying himself and is good fun.

I too am enjoying this new stage in Biss' Albion career.

I know exactly what you’re saying, plays with a smile on his face and with youthful exuberance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know exactly what you’re saying, plays with a smile on his face and with youthful exuberance.

I was going to say it's contagious, but had the good sense to test the mood of the room...

...oh! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here