Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your worse awayday with the Albion..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Palace 5-0 as mentioned by many others, I was actually having a good day until the match started. :(

Northampton September 96 was another bad day, we lost 3-0 and the team didn’t look interested.
The reason this match stands out is it seemed like the whole Albion support turned on the team because they were so poor.
A very loud chant of “shit team, no pride “ I can’t remember ever hearing this chant other than that day.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
3-0 defeat away, midweek, at Rochdale in the first half of the 96/97 season before Steve Gritt took over. Ashley Neale at the heart of our defence. Slow and useless. It could have been 5 or 6. Really thought we were doomed at this point. Perhaps the lowest point in our history?

Crikey, protective amnesia means Id forgotten that one and earlier in this thread have nominated 1-5 v Pompey in 84.

But that Rochdale defeat was TERRIBLE. I went with some mates from work (I worked for St Helens Council at the time). We went for a pint afterwards and can remember how inconsolable I felt about our plight given both the circumstances and how shite we'd played. They were all very supportive but, boy, that was a profoundly depressing night out!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The 7 goal thrashing at Huddersfield was no fun, but my nomination (excluding the obvious 5-0 in Croydon) is a Tuesday night at Dean Court in the pi55ing rain when we lost as usual.
Don't remember the score. It's usually 2 or 3-1.
Fortunately parents live nearby so I could go there and dry out.
Miserable place. Glad to be dodging it this year

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Darlington 2 Brighton 0. On a miserable blowy day in 1997. That was a low point!

Tick.

My poor dad had been up on Teeside for business Wed-Fri and I absolutely insisted we go to the game on the Saturday.

He must have driven close to a 1,000 miles in 3 days...

I’d counter that there’s no such thing as a bad away day though because you’re doing something you love win lose or draw. Sure circumstances might conspire for travel/home fan issues etc but then none of you would have these stories would you?

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Running late and thrashing it up to Halifax in the driving rain, surprised at being able to park so close to the ground, only to be told the match had been cancelled. I think the replay was also cancelled but didn't bother with that one.

I had a similar bad experience for that one. I went via train and there was problem after problem. Eventually made it to the station at about ten to three, about two hours later than planned, to find the game was off! It was a long journey home too!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
So many to choose from. Palace, Kingstonian, Sudbury, Oxford, Halifax. Think it must be 0-4 at Brentford when I left at 0-3 as I had to drive to Bristol, only to find my car broken into so had to drive back to Hastings with no rear window instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here