[Albion] Your smallest ever away crowd (that you were part of).

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Hartlepool away in the FA Cup replay caused by Colin Hawkins' incredible own goal

attendance was 3,288....I'd say max 100 Albion fans there

Nicky Forster gave us the lead but we ended up losing 2-1. We were shit

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Preston away either 1975 or 1976. Went in the ground opposite to their 'kop'. Heard a couple of people singing Brighton but as I got there one fan turned to another and said 'none of the fookers are here's. I think it was some sort of trap. No noise from any away fans If there were any and we lost 1-0

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
I was at that game, but stood on a side terrace with a Barnsley friend I was at Uni with. Gatting scored to put us ahead and then Mick McCarthy took over.

Also went to the previous round at Leeds Road. Didn't see any other Albion!

At Stoke in the league, around same time, Police at the end of the game separated the staunch away following into three groups - coach over there please, cars, right here and any one for the train station? They took us there in one mini-bus! Easier for them, safer for us!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I might win this game....

Myself and a couple of other BHA fans were in Madrid a couple of years back to see Atletico on the Sunday. On the Saturday we noticed Rayo Vallecano were at home to a team called Lorca in the second division so we went along. When we got to the ticket office we asked about where to go in the ground. The terrace behind the goal where the RV Ultras stood was sold out so we asked about the away end to be told they had sold no tickets at all so the 5 of us because the travelling support for the day.

Lorca lost 5-1 and then fell into financial trouble and are now back in the incredibly complicated lower reaches of the Spanish pyramid.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Swansea v Albion in the LDV Vans Trophy Round 1 Southern section in October 2001.

We won 2-1 thanks to a late Lee Steele effort. Maybe 50 or so in the Away end behind the goal?

Albion: Kuipers, Pethick, Watson, Crosby, Wicks, Jones, Melton, Pitcher, Rogers, Lehmann, Steele.

This was my lowest. I have it in my head that there were 87 away fans that night.

We still made some decent noise (even though we spread out in a big stand).

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Swansea away, early Nineties. There were so few of us on the Vetch Field away terrace that when the team warmed up, we all extended the line of jogging Albion players by running along the terrace parallel with them.

Lost 1-0 I think.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
They have just announced that there are 33 Crawley fans at the match at Crewe. Fair play to them on a long trip oop north on a Tuesday night in February.

So what game (BHA) were you at where there were very few Seagull fans?

Plymouth away for a night match in the late 60s. I recall looking around for Albion fans in daylight, prior to the match, so it must have been August or September. Could not see any, so perhaps just our one car-load.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Hartlepool away in FA Cup 1st round replay 2010?? (think it was the 1st round) or Cardiff away in the league cup.
Both were sub 100

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Probably when I went to watch whitehawk

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
February 2004, Grimsby. Perhaps 200 at the most. Horrible wet, cold, grey day (as you’d expect a February day in Grimsby to be). God knows what the score was, but from memory we won 2-1. Or lost 2-1.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Yeovil away on a tuesday night March 2011. We won 1-0 and I thin Elliot Bennett scored the winner. Must have been less than 200 of us there on the terrace

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Finn Harps, Republic of Ireland. Year 2,000. Pre-season tour. 9 of us I believe.

We were in Ireland for a family holiday that year and met the squad at the airport, I remember talking to a couple of the reserves and Danny Cullip - didn’t they all have a massive on field brawl with one of the opposition teams on the tour?? (Sligo?)

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Can't recall many at Cambridge United in LDV vans q/f 2001 . Was living in Ipswich at the time so easy journey for me and a couple of mates . Lost 2-1

Remember that one, Golden Goal Extra Time goal as well, but seem to recall there being at least 300 and some decent noise was made. Was starting to worry how I was going to get home by train afterwards if it went on much longer.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Midweek away at Newcastle circa 1992. We had a small section of the then demolished end behind the goal. I literally counted the number of Albion fans and it was 150 tops. But Mark Gall scored and we won 0-1!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! That was 91/2. But the turn out at that game was huge compared to the previous season.

The game in 90/1 was played in midweek (it was postponed earlier in the season). Newcastle were having a poor season. It poured with rain the whole match (no cover for the away fans). It was the most AWFUL match which inevitably ended up 0-0. I reckon there were about 40 in the away end. The attendance at St James Park that night was just 12,692! Yes - twelve thousand! So whenever I hear people banging on about Newcastle and their AMAZING support I roll my eyes....

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Think I was at this one, did we win 2-0 and end up with 9 players on the pitch? Andy Arnott was one of the players sent off, can't remember the other.

If it was the 2-0 nine men game on a mid-week there was a few more than a 150 of us there....always amazed me how many fans we took away (relatively speaking) on these mid week jaunts to northern outposts (Scunthorpe away on a Wednesday night, ditto Hartlepool. A lot of exiled northern fans came across for these games).

Happy Days!!!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Can't recall many at Cambridge United in LDV vans q/f 2001 . Was living in Ipswich at the time so easy journey for me and a couple of mates . Lost 2-1

I was there too that evening (lived in Leicester at the time). In fact, I think I may have written the match report for the Albion Almanac for that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports