Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your least favourite current Championship manager

(Or: who do you hate the most out of this list of morons)

• Nigel Adkins

Votes: 44 13.7%
  • Harry Redknapp

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Ian Holloway

Votes: 30 9.3%
  • Dougie Freedman

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Lee Clark

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Billy Davies

Votes: 191 59.5%
  • Other- please state

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My vote is purely based on punch-me-in-the-face-ness, therefore I've voted for Nigel Adkins.

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Nigel Pearson for me.

He seems to have taken the line from Rudyard Kipling's 'If' and used it as a personal mantra..

' If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two impostors just the same...'

Because win, lose or draw he comes across as the same depressive, miserable git.
Every time he does a post match interview thousands bare their wrists and reach for the Stanley knife .

Holloway, well he's just a jester

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
There can be very good reasons for voting for another. Such as this:

I agree that there are good reasons, but none of them outweighs the reasons to vote for that repulsive little toad. I expect even he'd vote for himself, given the option. And if he didn't, he'd be objectively wrong as well.

I don't like him.

Sep 20, 2005
No mention for that twunt from Blackburn? Appalling behaviour at the Amex from the first minute until the last.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
WOW, that's a really tough ask

- I don't mind 'arry and I couldn't care less about Davies , I didn't used to mind Ollie but think he's shown himself up a bit recently, but the rest of that list is like a who's who of Twunts

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yet, he's managed to get two teams promoted out of this division?

Blackpool: can't argue with that.

I still feel that Palace got promoted last season in spite of Holloway, not because of him. They were on a right run under Freedman until he upped sticks. Their form under Holloway was mid table at best, and arguably worse for much of it. Murray's goals dried up compared to his early season form by about January, Zaha went off the boil, and they barely scraped into the play offs with a last minute goal against a relegated side.

Tactically I suppose you'd have to concede he got it right in the play offs against two sides who on paper should have dispensed with Palace, so that's something in his favour. But I've heard plenty of Palace fans, when confronted with Holloway's win-loss-draw ratio, who felt he'd lucked out a bit last season on the back of Freedman's foundations.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Out of interest why is Lee Clark on there?

Yes l wondered that. I actually think, (waits for howls of derision), that Ian Holloway is a very good manager. Yes ok we all know about his Palarce connections, but he DID get them into the Premier League, as he did Blackpool previously.

By the way l voted for Nigel Adkins.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Blackpool: can't argue with that.

I still feel that Palace got promoted last season in spite of Holloway, not because of him. They were on a right run under Freedman until he upped sticks. Their form under Holloway was mid table at best, and arguably worse for much of it. Murray's goals dried up compared to his early season form by about January, Zaha went off the boil, and they barely scraped into the play offs with a last minute goal against a relegated side.

Tactically I suppose you'd have to concede he got it right in the play offs against two sides who on paper should have dispensed with Palace, so that's something in his favour. But I've heard plenty of Palace fans, when confronted with Holloway's win-loss-draw ratio, who felt he'd lucked out a bit last season on the back of Freedman's foundations.

Thats not quite true, they came 5th 4 points above 6th and 7th but with a better GD than 7th...they could have lost against Peterboro and still been 5th.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I actually like Eddie Howe and Lee Clark, both seem like decent managers and I can't imagine either being dicks in the 'real world'.

Most disliked in footballing terms; Redknapp, his sulky interviews after bad results do my head in.

Most disliked because he appears to be a complete tosser; Billy Davies

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Well? The Adkins-Redknapp theme popping up on the Reading/QPR thread made me curious.

Which Championship manager most makes you want to punch the TV when he appears?

-Smug-faced Adkins
-The professional saggy-faced Cockney & tax-exempt bulldog fancier
-the greasy-haired Palace-deserter
-Lee "call the Samaritans" Clark
-Eddie Howe (smiley faced Mr Nice Guy routine disguises his utterly cynical tactics in the eyes of the media)
-Ian Holloway and his hilarious "spontaneous" one liners
-Billy Davies (no explanation needed)
-AN Other?

LOL Leee Clauk

I went for that nasty-piece-of-work Davies but was surprised to see how far ahead he is in Albion fans' disaffections.

PG

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Its really hard to pick one out of that lot. I dislike all of them for a variety of reasons. I can narrow it down to Adkins, Holloway and Redknapp with the dark horse outsider Eddie Howe just missing the cut. With Holloway and Adkins, its personal from an Albion point of view so that gets Redknapp off the hook. Hmmmmmm?

Nope, still can't separate those two. Adkins for being the smug faced disrespectful twunt he is and Holloway I intensely dislike for his stirring the crap after poogate. On the fence for the moment......

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Good job Sheffield Wednesday sacked Dave Jones - he would have made a tough decision even tougher.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
although I notice even he had to give it up after their 5-0 trouncing this weekend.

Kind of. Dickov still managed to sugar-coat that cataclysmic BEASTING though, by saying that "Maybe they (the players) were thinking we’d stay up easy, or maybe they’ve bought in too much to me keep repeating that I think we’ll stay up. But that game shows we’re in a right scrap and sometimes it’s not a bad thing to be reminded of that".

No shit. A 5-0 thumping at nondescript lower-mid clutter like Bournemouth is certainly a more than healthy reminder that your team is indeed complete and utter BOBBINS. I've heard of clutching at straws, but listening to Dickov's post-match interviews, he regularly appears to be grappling with an entire bale of hay.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Looking at the other thread I was thinking there are a lot of managers in this division that I dislike. I was thinking it must be me - so it is reassuring to know others feel the same. When people think about Oscar - think about some of these altenatives.

This is really tricky.

Freedman. Just a lucky manager. He had no idea how that lucky streak happened - but jumped ship anyway because he somehow though it must be his talent.
Holloway. What is there to like about the bloke. See the Badgers post.
Howe. Gone a long way on his good looks. Smiles - but his heart is black, black.
Adkins. Has a comedy value. He thinks people smile around him due to his wit. They are laughing at you Nigel.
Rednapp. Irrelevant these days. He has been found out. Credit to him for the career he has driven despite the flames in his rear view mirror.
Davies. Nightmare. Imagine him in our dugout. Nightmare. It would have to be Davies. Nightmare.

Pearson. Not got a view.
Clarke. Would not want him - but I think he is a sportsman.

So Davies. But a close run thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here