Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Your garden.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I had hoped that at the end of September that was it for cutting the grass and a trim of the hedge/shrubbery. However the very mild October has put an end to that, sure it's dark night's again and even a touch of frost this morning but it's yet to stop our garden from being active. You?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Our garden is still looking colourful, thanks to the efforts of our gardener.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Gave mine the last cut this afternoon. Was a little damp but it needed to be done. Only a small garden anyway but I have a garden office and someone told me I need to cut the grass when they saw over my shoulder in a meeting.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Our 'garden' is a never ending job... clearing branches and fallen trees this weekend and next etc...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've got some spring bulbs starting to come through. How do I tell them to go back?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It's so mild here in Shoreham I've even seen a few daffodil shoots appearing - what gives?

The great thing is we won't need the heating on until January at the earliest at this rate.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Next door neighbour has a massive weeping willow which deposits thousands of leaves everytime the wind blows.
They did say that they were going to get it cut right back so fingers crossed

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I’ve got a huge willow, two fully grown oaks and five other mature trees in the garden (as well as three large conifers) and live next to a wood so am buried under leaves at present.The trees in the wood are mainly ash and are on their last legs. The grass is still growing and had the winter moss treatment today.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Next door neighbour has a massive weeping willow which deposits thousands of leaves everytime the wind blows.
They did say that they were going to get it cut right back so fingers crossed
I had one of those until last November. Lovely to look at but blocked most of the sun from our garden and as you say, a little bit of wind, thousands of mini willow twigs to pick up. I now have a mans cave in its place.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Plastic grass, always green and hose pipe ban free. After 5 years of failing to master a real lawn, I bloody love my lush astro turf - Nou Camp is the name.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's very wet. Grass needs a cut ready for some treatment but it's not been dry enough for long enough. Recovered well after the drought though.
Just raise the deck and take the top off…it’ll help…

I’ll be cutting until end of November…unless we get a series of frosts….then lawns can have a three month rest and at least starting with a tidy look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here