Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your first away game watching The Albion

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Lincoln in 2000/01, 1-0 down and won 3-1.

Scuffles in our end and after as 4/5 Lincoln fans jumped up and celebrated in our end after going 1 up. All very exciting for a 13 year old.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Back on topic, Manchester City away tomorrow brings back happy memories for me.
It was my first away game and I went along with my late Uncle Bob, a massive Albion fan, who had himself re located to Manchester for work, just as my father had done, shifting us up north (Wigan) also for work in 1982. I had found the move a little stressful and hated the north, so much at the time, I later had so much fun when I left school, moving into a student house in Rusholme in 86 until I moved to London in 91. Manchester was so much fun, the student clubs and gigs, the whole music scene was just sublime, some of my friends who I shared a house with still live in and around Manchester, it was a proper Psychobilly student house all of us southerners and we would take it in turns when our team was playing in the north to watch one of our teams together. So Manchester will always have a special place in my heart, I have gone off on a tangent sorry.

First Away game 23rd February 1984
Manchester City 2 Brighton & Hove Albion 0
attendance 20,227

I still have the programme.

from what I recall City played with us, and could have had more than just the two, we did wake up somewhat late on and I think Danny Wilson became my favourite player at the time because of how he played. It was somewhat a bit of disappointment to be honest, but as I have said previously, I later went on to watch a lot of Brighton games away in the north from 86 onwards and to be honest a defeat away was a regular occurrence around that time, with some particularly shocking results as well, which made me wonder why.

Anyway, there must be some cracking first away games stories, prey tell.

View attachment 168307
Martin Keown's Albion and full league debut (one loan from Arsenal)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Leyton Orient 0 Albion 2 in 2001, Brooker and Zamora scoring in front of that great open terrace.

My first year as a season ticket holder after moving DFL in 97.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Leicester in the league. 0-0 if I remember around 2009/10 - Arrived late due to traffic and we were playing in a different kit if I recall, can’t remember anything about the game itself

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Leyton Orient 0 Albion 2 in 2001, Brooker and Zamora scoring in front of that great open terrace.

My first year as a season ticket holder after moving DFL in 97.
That was a great game, so good to get that Orient Hoodoo off our back that day, got absolutely slaughtered that night in Camden.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Wolves 2 Brighton 4 - was definitely an evening game in 89/90. Think we were 4-0 up within the first half-hour.

Home fans not particularly pleasant before or after!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Palace (A) - FA Cup in 1976 . Except i can't remember if it was the Selhurst game or the Stamford Bridge game. My Dad took me and he can't remember either. I got lost after the game for 15 minutes (very scary) and remember eating a fantastic array of food in the back of the car that my mum had sorted (sausage rolls, crisps) on the way up having been picked up straight from school (very exciting).

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Bournemouth away 95 or 96. Live cameras were there and there was lots of protests and a pitch invasion.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lost 1-0 at Leeds Road in the mid 80s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here