Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your first away game watching The Albion

Jul 7, 2003
Pretty awful video but decent number of us on the terrace...

I don’t remember anything about the game itself apart from the score. I did remember the at we watched from near the corner flag as half the away end was the back of another building and blocked the view.

The most memorable thing about that day was getting back to Bolton station, cold and soaked through, when the kind lady in the station buffet gave us hot soup for free to warm us up.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don’t remember anything about the game itself apart from the score. I did remember the at we watched from near the corner flag as half the away end was the back of another building and blocked the view.

The most memorable thing about that day was getting back to Bolton station, cold and soaked through, when the kind lady in the station buffet gave us hot soup for free to warm us up.
I seem to recall walking across what seemed like chewed up wasteland area of concrete going back to the station.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
My son's first away game was against Spurs the season before last. What a day, he'll remember Trossard's late winner for a long time.
Also, had the advantage as an away game of being 30 minutes door to stadium for us, as opposed to over 3 hours for the home games!
Off to Manchester today for his second PL away game, so hopefully the form continues!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can remember my first home game, but not my first away. The earliest away I can remember is Newcastle ‘79 but I would have certainly gone to a game before this.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
People’s memories for their first game / first away etc amazes me.
No idea what my first game would have been and I think my first away day was Oldham in the late 80s or early 90s

Last edited:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Brentford away, lost 1-0 in the penultimate game 1957/58. Fortunately the next game, we won 6-0 home to Watford to win the last ever Third division South.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
1984 FA Cup away to Peterborough. It was a draw.

We drove up and collected my (late) dad from Stevenage on the way. It was bloody freezing.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
It has taken me a while to remember (thought it would have left more of an impression but I think I may have blocked it out) but as a total Amex-era JCL I think mine was the Liverpool 6-1 in the FA Cup, the one with the own goals. Kinda surprised that I ever wanted to go away again.

I'm loving reading all these stories of matches that took place before I was even born. And the ones after I was born but (shamefully) before I was an Albion fan.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Swindon away 1996. Played well. Zeke Rowe was inspirational as we came from 2 down to make it 2-2. A Nicky Rust flap late on meant we lost 3-2 to the champions that season. Of course, our relegation was confirmed a couple of games later.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
People’s memories for their first game / first away etc amazes me.
No idea what my first game would have been and I think my first away day was Oldham in the late 80s or early 90s
I definitely can’t remember my first home game as I went to The Goldstone when I was a young kid.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Barnet away
IMG_8051.jpeg

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Funnily enough was around 10 years ago (almost exactly), Yeovil away 0-0. Funnily enough they played at Worthing today, different trajectories!

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
West Ham v Brighton 0- 0
March 1979
35,000+ at Upton Park

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here