Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite Sussex Village ?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
ginadim said:
Better than the SE25 (Selhurst, eek) and CR5 (Crawley) that I used to have.

CR5 is a Croydon postcode, Crawley still have RH postcodes I'm fairly sure

JUST SO YOU KNOW

The Large One said:
I'd have to say East Dean, because I could never say Seaford, and it's the nearest village to the walk down the meandering river at Cuckmere Haven
You've obviously never been to West Dean, which is hidden by Friston Forest but is, in fact, a nearer village to the walk down the meandering river at Cuckmere Haven.

And very nice it is too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What about those villages on the Hastings Line where fate has decreed that their stations exists MILES away from the main centre.

Frant, Stonegate and Wadhurst.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell said:
You've obviously never been to West Dean, which is hidden by Friston Forest but is, in fact, a nearer village to the walk down the meandering river at Cuckmere Haven.

And very nice it is too.
Oh poo. I probably meant West Dean.

But I only mentioned it for the fact that it is one of my favourite spots in Sussex, but which happens to not be in a village.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Bluejuice said:
CR5 is a Croydon postcode, Crawley still have RH postcodes I'm fairly sure

JUST SO YOU KNOW

Oh right. I'm pretty sure I was CR5 when I lived in Coulsdon. I thought that it was covering Crawley area too. It may well be Croydon. Dunno, I left when I was 6, so I don't really remember.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Grendel said:
The only people who call Lindfield a village are its residents. To everyone else, it's a suburb of Haywards Heath.

I live near HH town centre, and have always considered Lindfield to be a village in it's own right.

And Stand Up, very nice!:drink:

sussexfatboy

Jan 4, 2005
Hastings
goldstone said:
Winchelsea is hard to beat.

Pulborough has a lot going for it.

Horsted Keynes is a "proper" village with a village green ... shame about the burnt out shell of the Crown still there after all these years.

East Dean (the one in East Sussex).

Some of the villages under the Downs have that special olde worlde feel to them: Wilmington, Firle, Alciston.

Winchelsea is a TOWN, with its own mayor! Lovely though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here