[Music] Your favourite Pink Floyd Album

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Can still remember the first time I heard Dark Side of the Moon, I was transfixed - hadn't heard anything like it before. Wish You Were Here is probably the one I've listened to most often over the years though.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Most days my answer to this question is Animals. Occasionally, it’s Wish You Were Here and very occasionally Dark Side of the Moon, depending on if I’ve listened to them more recently.

I used to do mix tapes for Saturday overtime back in the early 80s and one of my colleagues once announced “I prefer Sheep”. It took me a few seconds to realise we were listening to Dogs.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Had quite a few on vinyl over the years but had a clear out and bought the double compilation album on cd “echoes” that has most of their best stuff on. Have also got Relics and DSOTM on cd. It’s all now on my phone for bluetoothing.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm not a particular fan of Pink Floyd but this song I go back to over and over. The guitar is incredible.

Was fortunate enough to have gone to that gig, although it wasn't their best, sadly. The final one of the tour at the Albert Hall was far better, although it obviously lacked the inherent atmosphere of Pompeii.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I was going to post a poll but there are so many with all the compilation and live albums.

If you’re a Floyd fan you don’t need a poll though.

For me it’s Atom Heart Mother. I still listen to that album regularly
AHM is my favourite too I remember listening to it in one of the booths in Beals in East Street, thinking that they must’ve put the wrong record on. Always liked the songs on the second side too. Underrated.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I guess those who have never smoked a joint are unlikely to listen to any Floyd either.

This may have a ring of truth to it. I couldn't understand the appeal of DSOTM, I thought it was pretty banal but one day I was staying with a mate at Keele uni and we got hold of some really strong blow and we were completely off our boxes. Someone put DSOTM on and we were blown away, thought it was the most amazing album ever etc.

The next day, he put it on again, when we were straight, and I thought it was awful. Since then, I've just assumed that most Floyd fans are going around stoned most of the time.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Great album but I think the band were falling apart when that was recorded which makes it even more impressive

The track Wish you were here is definitely up there are one of their best ever tracks imo
Agree but they followed it with the INCREDIBLE Animals , quality is never down to just one person , Waters is a genius but he is an arrogant dick , he should of listened more to Gilmour , Wright and Mason .

Greatest band since Mozart .

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Would have to be Piper at the Gates of Dawn or one of the other early ones. Lucifer Sam, Astronomie Dominie, Interstellar Overdrive still get played here. I'm afraid I find Gilmour's guitar work a bit tedious and over indulgent on later stuff.
Gilmour is a f*****g magician , he plays with his very soul and has the respect of the musical world , if you cant respect Dave Gilmour you are showing your ignorance of music in general .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here