Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your favorite all-time trilogies?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
HWT is a frickin lunatic. I'm off to the Best Depeche Mode album thread, it feels safer over there, possibly.

[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION], do you rate the Millennium Trilogy (Larsson)?

Not read the books and not seen the videos... will do at some point but I'm always like 15 years behind when it comes to culture stuff.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For film trilogies: Toy Story. Seriously. It's a shame they had to bring out a fourth, but the original trilogy is excellent. Nearly all other trilogies have one weak one (eg The Godfather), or start with a good one and then can't keep it up (eg The Matrix). The Toy Story trilogy starts well and gets better.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I kind of liked The Omen films back in the day. The Omen, Damien and The Final Conflict.
I can't seem to find them to watch again though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In order

Godfather 1,2,3 (yes third was disappointing but given the first two both deservedly won Best Picture Oscars, the bar was set pretty high)
Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars more, Good, Bad and the Ugly.
Lord of the Rings

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
For film trilogies: Toy Story. Seriously. It's a shame they had to bring out a fourth, but the original trilogy is excellent. Nearly all other trilogies have one weak one (eg The Godfather), or start with a good one and then can't keep it up (eg The Matrix). The Toy Story trilogy starts well and gets better.

agree with this. The 1st one was groundbreaking at the time and the third one was probably the best of the bunch (pixars best ever film probably)

shame about the 4th, wasn't really needed as the story was wrapped up by the end of the 3rd

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Sequels continues until (and sometimes beyond) a rubbish film is made. Often the third film of three is the failure, but if that is a decent film (Toy Story, Rocky) then more will be made, likely to be lower quality.

I bet if Godfather 3 had been magnificent there would have been a huge demand for a Godfather 4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here