Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your favorite all-time trilogies?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No longer fashionable to like Westerns but for me A fistful of dollars, A few dollars more and the Good, the bad and the ugly.

I bloody love Westerns

Me too. I watched Open Range for the first time the other day. Loved it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Final Destination 1,2,3,4,5. Actually all the films are the same.

Rocky 1,2 I liked the 3rd one with Mr T as well even if that's generally not considered as good.

I only rated the first Rambo film.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
No longer fashionable to like Westerns but for me A fistful of dollars, A few dollars more and the Good, the bad and the ugly.

I bloody love Westerns

Anything with Clint in is worth watching, even his never-ending machine gun blowing away half the German Army in Where Eagles Dare.

But yes the Spag Trilogy is well worth a wet Sunday sit in front of the TV with a Beer or Two...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Really? the 3rd is by far the weakest IMO. Godfather 2 is very bleak but probably better than Godfather 1.

Yeah, it’s the weakest but I still rather enjoyed it. I thought Pacino rescued it. I’ve only seen the others once each. They’re fine. Perfectly entertaining.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

The Honourable Schoolboy

Smiley's People

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
In no particular order (except LOTR being my all time favourite)

Lord of the Rings
The Godfather
The Bourne Trilogy
Spiderman (Toby Maguire)
Die Hard 1-3
Star Wars - Episodes 4/5/6
Star Wars - Episodes 1/2/3 - I know they're absolutely crap, but I was a kid when they came out and it made me fall in love with Star Wars.
Blade

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Wolf Hall
Bring Up The Bodies
The Mirror And The Light

…. Yea, I know they’re books.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can books be a trilogy?

If so,

The Cartel trilogy by Don Winslow.

The Power of the Dog, The Cartel, The Border.
Bleak in places, a marvellous critique of Americas war on drugs, and the ultimate futility of it all.

The Excalibur Trilogy by Bernard Cornwall.

The Winter King, The Enemy of God, and Excalibur.
3 books that tell the Arthurian legend, very readable and steeped in dark age realism amongst the mythology.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Matrix set and another shout for Clint as The man with no name, though not sure they are strictly a Trilogy.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I'm not sure if the OP is talking about books or films but these books aren't really trilogies, but I enjoyed the books of the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant which started in 1977 - The 1st Chronicles were Lord Foul's Bane, The Illearth War and The Power that Preserves. Then came the 2nd Chronicles - The Wounded Land, The One Tree and White Gold Wielder and the 3rd Chronicles were The Runes of the Earth, Fatal Revenant, Against All Things Ending and the last book The Last Dark., published in 2013. There was also a standalone book called Gilden-Fire which somehow I missed reading. They are all about a guy who has leprosy who finds himself in an alternative world and his white gold wedding ring gives him a power but he can't control or wield properly. I really enjoyed these books.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Can books be a trilogy?

If so,

The Cartel trilogy by Don Winslow.

The Power of the Dog, The Cartel, The Border.
Bleak in places, a marvellous critique of Americas war on drugs, and the ultimate futility of it all.

The Excalibur Trilogy by Bernard Cornwall.

The Winter King, The Enemy of God, and Excalibur.
3 books that tell the Arthurian legend, very readable and steeped in dark age realism amongst the mythology.
If books are allowed then ****ing Gormenghast wants a word.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The Red Dwarf books are a hoot...although there is four of them, so technically not a trilogy.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
In no particular order (except LOTR being my all time favourite)

Lord of the Rings
The Godfather
The Bourne Trilogy
Spiderman (Toby Maguire)
Die Hard 1-3
Star Wars - Episodes 4/5/6
Star Wars - Episodes 1/2/3 - I know they're absolutely crap, but I was a kid when they came out and it made me fall in love with Star Wars.
Blade

The Godfather? First two films are brilliant but as a trilogy it's ruined by the gash third film

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here