Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
46 years....And 4 days.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
30th September 1978 vs Preston. I was 7 we won 5-1. Sat in the west stand and probably passively smoked a few dozen cigarettes!! I remember the noise and the fugg. Clearly sufficient for 38 years of support!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
How do you remember so long ago? I was about 13 when I first went to Withers and cant remember the date or the oppo :facepalm:

Hang-on just realised the date :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yep, Brighton 1 - 0 Doncaster. Final game at The Goldstone.

Remember parts of it very clearly.
Walking under the tunnel at Aldrington Station and along Old Shoreham Road.
Then all blurry until I was thrown in the air when Storer scored.

Only thing is, I wish I knew exactly where at the ground I was standing.
All I can remember is I was facing the pitch and Albion scored to the right side of the pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I haven't got a clue when my first game was. I know I was about 13 so during the 61/62 season sometime. My Dad took me.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Inspired from a post of another thread... what is your anniversary this year?

My first game was January 1973 so I am celebrating 43 years.

I actually don't really know. I think my first game - the only Albion game my dad ever took me to - was a midweek cup game against Chelsea, maybe 73/74 ish (lost 0-2). That's the only time I went in the South stand. It would have been several years later, once I was over 16 before I went at all regularly.

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
September 5th 1959 home to Pompey we won 3-1 Bill Curry scored all three. Uncle who was Pompey and my Dad took me in the north stand got through to the front. Hooked ever since. 29153 gate. Over 57 years ago.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
April 23rd 1971, Halifax at home lost 1-0. Still got the sew on Albion badge , I pestered my dad to buy for me. Never got sewed on to anything.
Just remember the pitch and how green the grass was. Stupid statement I know, but I had never seen anything so green. Same for my first trip to Wembley in 1972 to see England lose to West Germany . Amazingly green under those floodlights.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ha. This thread made me check. Tomorrow's game will be the closest home game to my exact 40th anniversary of watching the Albion - 6th Nov 1976, 4-0 v Swindon. 40 years. Bugger me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
April 23rd 1971, Halifax at home lost 1-0. Still got the sew on Albion badge , I pestered my dad to buy for me. Never got sewed on to anything.
Just remember the pitch and how green the grass was. Stupid statement I know, but I had never seen anything so green. Same for my first trip to Wembley in 1972 to see England lose to West Germany . Amazingly green under those floodlights.

What design is the sew on badge?

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
First game - Brighton v Burnley, we had 2 sent off in the first 12 minutes lost 0-1
Sang along with the great escape, loved every minute of it. Became a season ticket holder the following season and have only missed 2 home games since.

First away game was on my 41st Birthday and was the freezing cold night at Fulham with Nathan Jones in temporary charge.
Sang at the top of my voice and jumped up and down all game...

No wonder I'm hooked!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
14th April 1992.
Albion 1-2 Derby :down:

I was 8 years old.

I don't think I saw Brighton win a game until about 1998 though.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
24th Sept 1958. Brighton 2 Liverpool 2

I was 8 years old and am now in my 58th season watching the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here