• Sullivan

Votes: 217 56.2%
  • Wills

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
well pissed about sully,but i spoke to someone last night ,as my son was playing against brighton and he said to me,their is no way kuipers will be number 1,he will slip back to no2,sully will be released and a new keeper will be coming,im gutted

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I assume a new keeper now. Talking to Slade at the dinner, he suggested that certain areas needed looking at

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't forget, while this is ultimately Slade's choices, he has taken soundings from the pros around him.

I felt the writing was on the wall when Andersen was brought in to replace Kuipers a few months ago.

Loft and Fraser I'm bit surprised about, but bearing in mind how well Cox is playing, I suspect those two ought to be playing as well in their roles as Cox is in his by now. While they show promise, the fact is - they aren't doing that.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's good we've finally had a clearout, but I was very surprised to see Gary Hart offered a deal, but I suppose if he's on less than £300 a week, then why not!

However releasing John Sullivan is a major shock, and to be honest quite a concern as well. We must have a couple of blindly youngesters coming through, is all I can say(hope)

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
It's good we've finally had a clearout, but I was very surprised to see Gary Hart offered a deal, but I suppose if he's on less than £300 a week, then why not!

However releasing John Sullivan is a major shock, and to be honest quite a concern as well. We must have a couple of blindly youngesters coming through, is all I can say(hope)

Tom Godfrey has potential to go far - he only 16 though

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
FRASER, loft and sullivan

all young talented players who did nothing wrong, in fact Sullivan stepped up when FDM was injured and the two midfield players were important to our survival. All 3 would probably not be in our starting side for next season, but would have been good, bleeding blue and white squad players...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
In the goalkeeping department we've got Josh James who's just been given a scholarship. Only 16 so 'one for the future'.

Blimey! The afternoon of the long knives.

And NSC is creaking under the strain!

I think I'll bring my boots to the first game of the season, maybe I'll get a game.

Slade certainly seems to be going for it - good luck to him. People on here have been moaning about jobs for the boys, now we have a manager who clearly wants to do things his way and I for one support him all the way.

And good luck to all those players leaving.

And please guys, before you post saying so-and-so is crap and should piss off just remember that most of the players will read this. How would you feel if someone posted on the internet that you were crap and should piss off just after you were made redundant from your job? Football players have feelings too.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Can't really see the logic in getting rid of Sullivan, thought he stepped up well when Kuipers was out! I am gutted!

hack

Feb 24, 2009
Ironically, if Loft and Fraser hadn't played their part in us staying up last season, they'd probably have got a new deal for the season in League 2...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Several of those have not been 'released', they weren't ours in the first place.

Sullivan for me, though I'm a bit surprised by Fraser's release too. He may be a bit limited, but his attitude is spot on - witness his berating Murray for not tracking back when we conceded a goal at home (can't remember the game) and his superb, body on the line performance in a losing cause at Luton.

Good luck lads.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Ironically, if Loft and Fraser hadn't played their part in us staying up last season, they'd probably have got a new deal for the season in League 2...

that really is mind-boggling and sad isnt it!? really feel for them :down:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I think had Kuipers been out of contract he would have gone instead of Sulli. As already said it looks like we will be bringing in a new No 1 (hopefully Flinders) and then you couldn't have both Sullivan & Kuipers waiting in the wings. I think it was as simple as whoever is out of contract leaves as far as the goalkeepers go. Unfortunately for us it Sulli that leaves as he had age on his side and will develop into a quality keeper.

Good Luck John.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here