Votes: 217 56.2%
  • Wills

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Sullivan and Kane Louis

Saw Louis at Senior Cup last week, looks excellent on the ball, but then I don't see him in training etc.

We may come to regret Sullivan going I think. Be interesting to see where he makes it to in the game.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Surprised Sullivan's gone, but as others have said it suggests to me a new #1 will be coming in. Also a bit surprised Fraser's on his way, and Loft to a degree. Should be an interesting summer!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
gutted Sully,Jakey,Loft and Tommy Fraser went..

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'm surprised about Fraser and Loft, I thought they both gave a great account of themselves under Slade, and were a big part of our 'Great Escape'.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Feel sorry for Sullivan - he did ok when he got into the side but probably let in a few too many goals. Would have like to have seen Fraser retained as well. The only time I really saw Gargan was at Bristol Rovers away last season, thought he looked ok but will go with RS's call on this one.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Sully.
With him and Kuipers I thought we had a pretty solid pair of keepers. Be interesting to see who Slade brings in instead.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fraser - young, committed, and improving.
Me too. This is the second year in a row where, come May, I've felt the club have made an enourmous f***-up. Last year it was Wilkins, this year it's Fraser and Sullivan. We'd better be getting in some top notch replacements or else the Slade backlash starts here.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I wish all the released players the best of luck in finding new clubs and thank them all for their efforts on behalf of the Seagulls.Surprised about Fraser,Sullivan and Hinsh.The first two because of their performances and promise this season and Hinsh because of the never say die attitude and strength of character he has shown in coming back from the most awful of injuries.I felt sure that he would be retained on some basis,given a pre-season,and a full judgement made next term.You can't expect a player who has gone through what he has to just pick up where he left off.
Good luck to them all!!:(:(

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I was pretty surprised we release our best goalkeeper, especially when we're signed dodgy or expensive loan signing after loan signing for the last few seasons every Kuipers get injured, suspended or goes shite again

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I was suprised Hinchelwood went, but he has not been fit for ages - no room for compassion in a team of winners.

Slade wants his own team - which is good, Adams did the same the 1st time he came in and we won two championships on the back of his clearout.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Loft, Fraser, Hinsh were all players I thought were going to get better before they got worse.

And I thought Andrew might have been a rough diamond also, but nobody else has really said him so I'll try to keep that opinion to myself (!)

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I was suprised Hinchelwood went, but he has not been fit for ages - no room for compassion in a team of winners.

Slade wants his own team - which is good, Adams did the same the 1st time he came in and we won two championships on the back of his clearout.

Sadly I agree. Its hard to say goodbye to those you rate but I think we have to trust the judgement on this for now. Woe betide Russell if we make a crap start to the season or have a pre-season like some of those recently.

Mind you, last pre-season we were all (OK not all - but many) hugging ourselves at how much more effective Micky seemed to be in the signings merry go round in July/August than McGhee had been. That worked out didn't it!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The "Great Escape" Team

Kuipers - still here, maybe now second choice
Whing - out of contract, but offered a deal
Elphick - still here
Virgo - still here
Borrowdale - gone
Loft - gone
Fraser - gone
Dicker - out of contract, but offered a deal
Cox - still here
Owusu - out of contract, but offered a deal
Hart - out of contract, but offered a deal

Mildly surprised by Hinsh but more so Loft & Fraser purely on their contribution at the end of the season.

They were integral parts of the team that got us out of the mess others had got us into and I would expect they feel they've been kicked in the teeth.

Also Kane Louis who I think has a bright future.

Good luck to all of them :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sullivan being released is shocking, I really rated him and it looks like Slade didn't. What a shame.

Good luck to all of the released lads, best of luck.

Mac.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
floating around mid table in league one then fraser and loft are good enough - if you want to be pushing for the championship though and staying there, as russell seems to be wanting to do, then they are probably not

its good to see a manager attempting to move us forward, as opposed to retaining the players in a side that struggled for 75% of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here