Your Amex Neighbours

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
So, yesterday we all met those who would be sitting alongside and around us for the rest of the season. Happy with your immediate neighbours?

Sitting in E1G, there's quite a big mix with a lot of elderly and young children around us - but also those fans (like us) who left it until very late before getting their season ticket. We do have one character - a bald cockney with gold chains and gold rings, reading the Sun at half-time, who did not stop shouting for 10 seconds throughout the game. Constantly yelling at the players.. "That's all they've got Brighton, that's all they've got" x 30.

He was swearing a few times during the first half which caused a lot of turned heads from the elderly and children alike, but fortunately his neighbour did have a word at half-time about it and he made a concious attempt to not swear throughout the second half. The constant commentary did get a bit distracting though - felt like asking for a 5 minute respite from it. Still, no harm done!

Anyone get any characters around them?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
So, yesterday we all met those who would be sitting alongside and around us for the rest of the season. Happy with your immediate neighbours?

Sitting in E1G, there's quite a big mix with a lot of elderly and young children around us - but also those fans (like us) who left it until very late before getting their season ticket. We do have one character - a bald cockney with gold chains and gold rings, reading the Sun at half-time, who did not stop shouting for 10 seconds throughout the game. Constantly yelling at the players.. "That's all they've got Brighton, that's all they've got" x 30.

He was swearing a few times during the first half which caused a lot of turned heads from the elderly and children alike, but fortunately his neighbour did have a word at half-time about it and he made a concious attempt to not swear throughout the second half. The constant commentary did get a bit distracting though - felt like asking for a 5 minute respite from it. Still, no harm done!

Anyone get any characters around them?

Standing in the centre of the N stand i`m surrounded by noisy bastads,fcuking brilliant

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Standing in the centre of the N stand i`m surrounded by noisy bastads,fcuking brilliant

At a football match by chance were you Samej?

..........shocking to here such things happen:lolol:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Didn't really pay much attention to who was around me. Did notice loads of people pissing off with 10/15 minutes of the game to go though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Happy with the people around me. In fact delighted. I'm in row Z near the east side.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Didn't really pay much attention to who was around me. Did notice loads of people pissing off with 10/15 minutes of the game to go though.

They will never learn, you CAN NEVER leave ealry at an Albion game

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The young lady behind me was patiently explained the off-side rule by her boyfriend however he gave up in the end.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Very happy with all my neighbours in H Block WSU... Loud as I hoped for!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The young lady behind me was patiently explained the off-side rule by her boyfriend however he gave up in the end.

Mine only understood once i showed here on the X-Box.:lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yep a couple to my left left and missed the winner.

Stewards were quality and left us alone. Stood up all game singing and swearing like you do when caught up in all the emotion. Perfect day and result.

I simply cannot wait for the next game which is Gillingham for me.

Uridium

May 30, 2011
A couple of mine are a bit neanderthal. Endless shouting and rants, only a few of which were indicative of football knowledge. Everyone else seems top notch though.

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
All nice peeps near us although a lot of families and older supporters whcih tens to be more the tea and biscuit brigade but seems good but sure tried hard getting the East Stand to sing and at some stages did not sound bad but crikey although ok sitting near the Donny fans in the East I am not looking forward to millwall, leeds, palace etc!!! Its alright for you lot in the North but we need matcho reinforcements if any trouble lol:)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Good question Razi. It's always a bit of a lottery who you end up next to and as STHs you're likely to be stuck with them for a long time. I think I did ok in WSL C block near the back near the aisle (S73 and S74 to be exact)

Seat next to me is my very good frined David. Albion fan for years but first time we have had seats together - we were like 12 year olds on Christmas Eve.

Think the guy next to David was a long time fan called Steve? Clearly an Albion nut - nice fella. And next to me were Dave "I told you it would be 2-1" and his friend Steve (I think) in the aisle seat. Both very nice guys. Can see that Dave an I will not agree about passing the ball around at the back (he hates it) but can't argue with his knowledge and passion.

Couple of guys I recognise from C block at Withdean directly in front of us - up on their feet at every transgression which was fine. Generally a good bucnh who had a bit of a sing song. No one objected to my occasional curse. Think it will be great.

simon101

and smith MUST score
Aug 4, 2009
lewes
Fans in 1901 seem 90% for real. A few minority corporate. Much better than I thought. Though they do seem to have put their rudest stroppiest steward up there!!!! Ugly Powercrazed twat

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Im hoping the two people next to me in the North stand don't have season tickets as they didn't sing once. Other than that I cant complain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports