Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Amex Neighbours

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Right. I purchased tickets in the north stand, row Q. Directly behind me is a bloke with his two young kids. I bought tickets in the north stand so I could be loud, jump about, stand up for long periods, sing and swear. I'm f***ing pissed off that they are sat there! There is a family stand for a reason, and if he was that bothered about being in the north, why couldn't he go down the front? I decided to stand during pretty much the whole of the 2nd half because I felt I should start as I mean to continue but the poor kids probably couldn't see much and it's not their fault. Am I out of order?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Right. I purchased tickets in the north stand, row Q. Directly behind me is a bloke with his two young kids. I bought tickets in the north stand so I could be loud, jump about, stand up for long periods, sing and swear. I'm f***ing pissed off that they are sat there! There is a family stand for a reason, and if he was that bothered about being in the north, why couldn't he go down the front? I decided to stand during pretty much the whole of the 2nd half because I felt I should start as I mean to continue but the poor kids probably couldn't see much and it's not their fault. Am I out of order?

If i had my way the North Stand would be no under 14s-But i would fill the East with kids as kids are the future of the club....call me old fashioned but if you want to not hear swearing at football,then you really should not be there.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm sitting amongst my mates so i'm happy as a pig in shit.
The guy behind me seems nice enjoyed celebrating our goals yeasterday with him & there's a kid & his parents directly in front of me so i'm watching my f's & b's a bit!
Unfortunatly there's a kid who i remember from Withdean about four seats away from me who spends the whole match criticising the team & giving a crap running commentary. Luckily he's drowned out by the north stand buzz!

I am ones of those who moans about ppl standing at away games, as my kids struggle to see. When the T/O are being helpful they always give me tickets near the front. If this does not happen, then I will move to the front if possible. There is often space as those at front often want to move to the back.

These people should either

A) not moan (lad could prob stand on seat and see)
B) should have bought at the front or in the family stand.

You are not out of order. We were told at presentation that a common sense apporach would be taken to standing in the back third of the north stand. I would never have chosen to take kids here.

If they are big kids (12+) then maybe, but if nippers, then it' just daft!

However, if at an away game, please have some respect for kids. They don't mind standing sometimes, but to block their view for the whole game, when you can see just as well when you sit down it OOO.

The behaviour of the BHA fans at Charlton last year was a disgrace - they blocked the view of their own wheelchair fans - not good. In fact, darn selfish!

Solution

Make the North stand a terrace. Then if kids dont like (or anyone for that matter) they can move. I know it wont happen - It would be the right thing though!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i have an aisle seat and next to my mate, he however had a bloke who was nodding off next to him and two young kids. apart from that some old school bha and when the big teams bring 2500 the atmospere will be electric.
North sounded class but the away end has most exposure to WSL:wink:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yup, in North and no shouty moaners thus far. The young manboy to the front and let of me might have to be told to pull his trousers and pants up as 30% of bumcrack was stylelessly leering up at me every time he stood, but such a gripe is miniscule compared to the wonder and comfort of everything around me, and the juddery, but sublime imagery that i hope is etched in the memory compartment just behind my eyes for life.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Every game a surprise for us. WSL is not entirely season ticketed so different people behind every game.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
the 3 people next to me in wsu left with 5 mins to go why ???

Concentrating more on beating the crowds home, than taking a chance that never-say-die Albion would win late again. Need to relax, and let Buckley, Noone & Co send everyone who stayed into ecstacy.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

No, the 7 year old in front of me stood up all game and sung his heart out.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
So, yesterday we all met those who would be sitting alongside and around us for the rest of the season. Happy with your immediate neighbours?

Sitting in E1G, there's quite a big mix with a lot of elderly and young children around us - but also those fans (like us) who left it until very late before getting their season ticket. We do have one character - a bald cockney with gold chains and gold rings, reading the Sun at half-time, who did not stop shouting for 10 seconds throughout the game. Constantly yelling at the players.. "That's all they've got Brighton, that's all they've got" x 30.

He was swearing a few times during the first half which caused a lot of turned heads from the elderly and children alike, but fortunately his neighbour did have a word at half-time about it and he made a concious attempt to not swear throughout the second half. The constant commentary did get a bit distracting though - felt like asking for a 5 minute respite from it. Still, no harm done!

Anyone get any characters around them?
Oh no, shouting at a football match, what next?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
ive got an aisle seat so only one bloke to my left.
he sang all game, hugged me when we scored, poked me in the eye with his flag and trod on my foot.
my bruv has always been a clumsy bastard

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I've got a little girl next to me and her dad next to her, she's well behaved and enjoyed herself so it could be worse.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Oh no, shouting at a football match, what next?

I knew there'd be some muppet who queried that. The shouting is not a problem, obviously. But non-stop for 90 minutes, with pretty much every single kick of the ball? I'm not over-exaggerating. It wasn't encouragement and cheering, but telling the players what to do or where to go next. Every. Single. Time. It gets a little bit irritating.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Had to laugh, one side of me the ginger dad and son going through the full song list....the other side were an early 30's couple who looked like they'd never been to a match in their lives, didn't say a word and looked a bit scared......the joys of getting match by match tickets I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here