Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You need 7.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really not easy this.

Greer - Obviously
Bruno - Ok he isn't the most physical but I'll echo earlier comments suggesting he goes a bit mental when you piss him off.
Ward - He's Irish, and his face says to me that he has seen a fight or two in his time.
Ince - From Whitechapel, has probably been in more fights than he has had hot dinners.

Kaz - Very angry with a big chip on his shoulder but would he actually be any good in a fight? Probably not.

I reckon if push came to shove (which obviously it would because it's a fight) that Ulloa would wade in but I really don't see Kuszczak being as up for it as earlier posts suggest.

------

Hoskins & Crofts - Injured but would otherwise get involved.
Agustein - Does he even attend matches? Definitely would get involved if he was there. Probably to punch our management staff repeatedly.

Nathan Jones - Yes, hopefully he'd take a beating as well.
Oscar's Assistants - Both look permanently miserable (not really surprising) and I reckon at least one of them would be in the fracas.

This thread really does miss Barnes, he pretty much always looks up for a scrap.
Re-reading the whole thread, it is amazing how much of the spine/guts/heart/grunt, however you want to describe it, has gone from the squad.

The fact that a loan player is comfortably third on the list, and seven are impossible to find, does make it easy to think Adams has a point. Gutless performances like yesterday make it even easier.

For what it's worth:-
Greer - Although when he's cocking up he loses gravitas.
Bruno
Ward - Gives the impression of someone who's not going to shy away.
Calde - This is all about 'for team mates and club', as is Calde.

And that's it.
Players like CMS would get drafted into the seven, to make up numbers. Something that was unheard of 18 months ago.
Maybe Ince and Stephens, one day.
Kaz may well start it, gotta wonder if he'll still be there at the end (next to Calde).

It'll be interesting to see where were at when this thread gets yet another :bounce: on 01.09.14.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't believe that LuaLua was written off so easily. He was in Newcastle Crown court for affray which was only dropped because the 'victims' went back out to Afghanistan when his retrial was due.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe that LuaLua was written off so easily. He was in Newcastle Crown court for affray which was only dropped because the 'victims' went back out to Afghanistan when his retrial was due.
But how much use are you when lying on the floor with your arms spread out wide?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I nearly forgot the bi-annual :bounce:

So as usual - where are we know?

Although it's kind of hard to tell, it certainly feels like we're in a considerably better place than 6 months again.

Greer - Obviously.
Calde
Bruno
Holla
Ankergren
Stockdale
CMS
JFC
I get the feeling Bennett should be in, make Dunk the only first choice defender not scrapping.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford

Although it's kind of hard to tell, it certainly feels like we're in a considerably better place than 6 months again.

Greer - Obviously.
Calde
Bruno
Holla
Ankergren
Stockdale
CMS
JFC
I get the feeling Bennett should be in, make Dunk the only first choice defender not scrapping.

Paddy McCourt HAS to be in this list now...

Also Toko would be in contention?

Although neither of these players look to be regular starters....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd completely forgot about McCourt.
O'Grady was on then came off again.
I'm sure Toko will be in the 7, come January.

As said we're certainly better off now than after losing Barnes, Bridcutt and El Abd.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Paddy McCourt looks like the type of guy who'd kick his own mum in the face for a can of Tennants Super, a pouch of baccy and a warm bed for the night.

Toko has been living in Switzerland for too long, he's now permanently neutral. Stockdale, Greer, Hughes, Calderon, Crofts, Bennett & O'McCourt would be my 7.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Greer - Obviously.
Calde
Bruno
Holla
Ankergren
Stockdale
CMS
JFC

I cant believe you put Bruno in there with the way he minces around the pitch (and I say this as a big Bruno fan)

Casper
Greer (obviously x2)
Calde
Crofts
CMS
Kaz is mental anyway so has to be included
O'Grady

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I cant believe you put Bruno in there with the way he minces around the pitch (and I say this as a big Bruno fan)

Casper
Greer (obviously x2)
Calde
Crofts
CMS
O'Grady
Oh no no no this isn't about fighting, as such, it's about honour for club and teammates, that ends up in a ruck. Obviously Calde is not a fighter, but he bleeds blue and white.

Bruno is definitely in, there's more than a touch on mentals about him.
But Kaz is definitely out, rolling around on the floor with your arms spread wide, pretending to be gangsta just doesn't cut it.

I'm glad I forgot about Crofts.
Plus it's very sweet we seem to have decided Ince really is just a big teddy bear.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Casper
Greer (obviously x2)
Calde
Crofts
CMS
O'Grady

Bruno was squaring up to PIG on the pitch at the end of last season, I'd definitely include him, he's a bit of a nutter when riled IMO.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Paddy McCourt looks like the type of guy who'd kick his own mum in the face for a can of Tennants Super, a pouch of baccy and a warm bed for the night.

The most eloquent case I have seen stated on NSC for years. McCourt's in for me, probably at the expense of Kaz, but I can't accept Bruno even after he squared up to PIG :catfight:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Based upon this post from the Vahid Hambo thread, I think our new Finnish lad may become one of the 7:-

Some comments from Finland! :)

In 2015:
- 5 goals in 5 League Cup games (this is a pre-season tournament for Finnish Veikkausliiga teams, some of it played indoors due to snow)
- 4 goals in 6 Veikkausliiga games
- 4 goals in 2 Finnish Cup games
- 3 goals in 2 friendly games for Finland U21 (2 against Kazakhstan, 1 against Luxembourg)
- suffered an unfortunate injury at some point
- there was a scandal surrounding him at some point this spring, when Inter were playing an away game somewhere, and a home fan shouted to him some stuff about the Yugoslav war and the genocides etc. Hambo got furious and reportedly was close to climbing the stands and attacking the fan. Can't remember all the details now

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well last season was crying out for 1 let alone 7.

I don't have a handle on our newbies and their place in Scrapping & Hove Albion.
But let's face it they couldn't be any worse.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've got Ben Roberts back. Who remembers him belting across the Stockport pitch to throw a punch when Harding had the ball shoved into his stomach ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've got Ben Roberts back. Who remembers him belting across the Stockport pitch to throw a punch when Harding had the ball shoved into his stomach ?
Ah but the thread dates back to the days of Gus, Tanno & Oatway, so with that in mind I think 'staff' have their own criteria.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Zamora
Stockdale
Kayal
Bruno
Greer
Hemed
Crofts
Calde
Holla
Ince

Looks like our bruiser quota has been well and truly met!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Zamora
Stockdale
Kayal
Bruno
Greer
Hemed
Crofts
Calde
Holla
Ince

Looks like our bruiser quota has been well and truly met!

No way Ince is in, Bobby probably shouldn't be either, a la Ulloa he's our 'standard'.

But the rest are top quality.

If we were to have 'a season' it'll prove just how right Tony Adams is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here