Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know you're getting old when...

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Glasses on or glasses off, if it's as far away as the distance from your nipples to your nuts, you just can't make your eyes see it properly.

Sweet corn is an ice-pack, not food.

A good bowel movement smells only half as bad as a minor fart.

It hurts to stand up for too long, and then it hurts when you sit down.

You can name every player from all of the 1970s FA cup finals but have no idea who won it in 2010.

Recent Clint Eastwood movies make you want to laugh and cry in equal measure.

You've started to be discerning about wine, but only when you're full up with beer.

Eating fruit and veg is downright dangerous, unless you've no plans to go out for the next 24 hours.

Sexy girls smile at you like newsreaders do during royal family stories (patient, slightly humouring, but actually not interested in the slightest).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You know you,re old when you need to tidy the lounge and kitchen before you go to to bed..you don't really want your children to see a mess when you,re found dead.

Although to be honest...I think the maggots would have disposed of me before my eldest son bothered to find out.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I've read the whole of this thread and I'm surprised no-one has mentioned memory loss.

Funny you say that LB.

I turned 50 the other week and am receiving Parker pens from everywhere 'just for applying' .

The only problem is I can't remember where I've put them :shrug:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When you realise that you are no longer presented with night-club flyers in the street.

I noticed that too. Jesus. I got handed one in Essex recently for...you guessed it...an over 30s singles bar!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bending down to tie up my shoelaces and wondering if there's anything else I need to be doing whilst I'm down there before I get back up again.

Walking into a room only to completely forget why I walked into the room in the first place. Then having to walk out of the room in order to remember it again.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
When you hear yourself saying the same things about modern music as your father did about yours....

When you go to the dentist or A & E and the young girl that you took to be the junior nurse turns out to be the doctor....

When you find yourself referring to the Amex as "The Goldstone"...yes, I have done it as a mental throwback !

When you tell people that " I rememember seeing his father play against us at The Goldstone"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thinking it's good that Britpop style is still going and realising it's all retro stuff as it happened 20 years ago

Watching my nephew pass his driving test , plan a lads holiday and look at uni's. I remember pushing him in his pram.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
your kids have left home ... our eldest has bought a house nearby ....and also the youngest drove me to the pub one evening recently parting with the words 'I can pick you up later - when I'm on my way out to a club if you like ' ???

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
[ QUOTE=Trufflehound;6462450]I look at the obituaries to make sure I'm not listed...[/QUOTE]

The Father in Law was double booked for friends funerals last week....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here