Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know the old saying "You can't polish a turd"?

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
Good call - that really happens, obviously. Every game. Every program.

They must just miss those pages out of my copy. Every week.

By the way - you got ONE thing right - what we do have is a CLUB ANTHEM. A stirring and fabulous anthem. The marching song of the Sussex Regiment.

You have 'Glad All Over' by the Dave Clark Five.

You never could, and never will be able to buy class.

Thanks for bringing this up - Its a perfect example, of how you couldn't be more wrong when you say that 'attendances are the ONLY thing' we have on you. We are Brighton, pal. You are Palace - you'll never get it - but we will never, ever be JEALOUS of you, whatever respective leagues we ever find ourselves in.

But it is the only thing you've got on us.
And I'm sure you're proud of your club but seeing your fans exit with 10 minutes to go after Wilf smashed his second in like there'd be a fire drill makes me so glad all over that I was born in South East London and not Sussex.
Pal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
zzzz. No more Albion fans leave before the end of a home defeat, than any other club in the country, including your own. Such a tedious, repetetive debate.

I watched the Palace Fulham game on Sky. The empty stands after about SIXTY minutes must have been a trick of the cameras.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'm surprised most of your customers had a chance to have a really good look at your ground what with them having to read the words of your club anthem in the programme so as they can have a sing song.
When they can be bothered. That is.

You are Silurian/bustersdad and as such a cock.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Look past the cladding and the odd stands, and you'll see a stadium heaped in history and brilliant memories.
Not a lover of modern stadia I'm afraid, too sterile and corporate.

I'm sure all the people that were owed money when you went into administration feel exactly the same way

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
While I agree with the general idea that we love our clubs, warts and all, of course you'd love a new ground.

Yep. As much as they bleat on about the character of Selhurst etc., they'll all jump on the next 'relocation to a 40k ground at the National Sports Centre' thread on the BBS with their tongues hanging out at the first opportunity if there is a sniff of a chance of it happening. Bunch of jealous hypocrites who probably spend much of their time 'wonking' over the gorgeous curves of the Amex behind closed doors.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Yep. As much as they bleat on about the character of Selhurst etc., they'll all jump on the next 'relocation to a 40k ground at the National Sports Centre' thread on the BBS with their tongues hanging out at the first opportunity if there is a sniff of a chance of it happening. Bunch of jealous hypocrites who probably spend much of their time 'wonking' over the curves of the Amex behind closed doors.

Hmm not me personally Botty! :lolol:

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
I'm sure all the people that were owed money when you went into administration feel exactly the same way

Blah blah blah. Tedious old stuff being dug up again.
Our administrations are nothing to do with the fans or CPFC itself.
I suggest you take that up with the men in charge at the time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Haha! Yes. Ambience. You need a bit more 'granny chic' around Selhurst. Knitted toilet roll holders in the loos and the Arthur Waite Stand to smell of cat wee.

The smell of cat piss is to deter rodents :thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Look past the cladding and the odd stands, and you'll see a stadium heaped in history

You got the first 4 letters right, but not in the correct order.
The last 3 letters are not needed either.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
zzzz. No more Albion fans leave before the end of a home defeat, than any other club in the country, including your own. Such a tedious, repetetive debate.

I watched the Palace Fulham game on Sky. The empty stands after about SIXTY minutes must have been a trick of the cameras.

The fulham game ,well 4-1 at home people were pissed off . Now , after reading all the threads about early leavers after every game on here i feel your not being entirely truthful are you . Id say you were on par with the arsenal with regards to hoards leaving on 75/80 mins regardless of the score and saturday being the best one by far .Just as well you get full houses "cough cough " every week but that in itself gives the customers a easy excuse to leave to beat the rush . We , on the whole , stay to the bitter end and clap the players off then walk en masse round to the old stand to gaze lovingly at the new cladding .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here