You are the Ref! How well do you really know the laws?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I highly doubt this one will ever feature in You Are The Ref:

A player is through on goal and slips the ball between past the keeper but the ball gets stuck in the mud on the line.
Without touching the ball, a team mate in the attacking team chases after the ball, kneels down and uses his breath to blow the ball over the line.
Whose goal is it?

Unsporting Behaviour and the FA code for Dangerous Play (which is would be) or UB - Unspecified Behaviour.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Yer, but if the balls stuck in the mud, I'd very much doubt someone would be able to blow it out.:shootself

See what I mean about refs being anal:ohmy:

It's all Fifa Mr Burns:
Branded T-Shirts

Sadly, or maybe pointlessly, the UEFA ruled against the Lyon and Real Madrid teams wearing T-shirts in support of Barcelona’s Eric Abidal who was diagnosed with a tumor in his liver. This ban stems from a FIFA rule that reads “The basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal statements.” Even if a soccer player on the sidelines takes off his jersey and mistakenly reveals a slogan on his boxers, it’s an infringement.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's all Fifa Mr Burns:
Branded T-Shirts

Sadly, or maybe pointlessly, the UEFA ruled against the Lyon and Real Madrid teams wearing T-shirts in support of Barcelona’s Eric Abidal who was diagnosed with a tumor in his liver. This ban stems from a FIFA rule that reads “The basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal statements.” Even if a soccer player on the sidelines takes off his jersey and mistakenly reveals a slogan on his boxers, it’s an infringement.
My cats breath smells like cat food

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports