Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another piece of UKIP brilliance

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But most of the people who leave this country, leave to retire.

Really? Do you have any figures to support this? Why just pick Spain for your example? Brits migrate all over the world. Personally I doubt the thousands of Brits in Germany are here to retire. It's probably the exact opposite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't understand you Nibbs you seem to belittle anyone who doesn't follow your pattern of thinking, you either call the racist (which seem to be your favourite and thick, stupid .... were you bullied at school or were you the Bully.... some people maybe will not ever think along the same lines so you will need to get used to it and accept it, then maybe your bitterness you feel will won't be so bad

Thick, stupid, racist. I'm struggling to think of how else to describe UKIP policies and their members.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thick, stupid, racist. I'm struggling to think of how else to describe UKIP policies and their members.

Ah another resident hater if your not a Green/labourite who has to use all the in words when they know they are losing the present argument .... its ok though you can put on your black army fatigues and beat any UKIP supporters up if you feel the need ... the only policy UkIP have at the moment is leaving the Eu which sadly for you a majority of voters at this current time seem to agree with as some sort of protest vote to shake up the present incumbents which they are now amazingly starting to realise as the penny drops. for what it is worth the Eu will eventually dissolve over time to an elite few nations as they perpetually need to support failing members with bailouts.

D

Deleted member 22389

Ah another resident hater if your not a Green/labourite who has to use all the in words when they know they are losing the present argument .... its ok though you can put on your black army fatigues and beat any UKIP supporters up if you feel the need ... the only policy UkIP have at the moment is leaving the Eu which sadly for you a majority of voters at this current time seem to agree with as some sort of protest vote to shake up the present incumbents which they are now amazingly starting to realise as the penny drops. for what it is worth the Eu will eventually dissolve over time to an elite few nations as they perpetually need to support failing members with bailouts.

Good old Labour, the party I used to respect and vote for turned me to UKIP. The open door immigration policy, the introduction of political correctness where silly people get offended over nothing and where anybody who expresses concerns about immigration gets branded as a Racist, Xenophobe, Bigot, Nazi, a Little Englander. You can't say this, and you can't say that. Even the most liberal people are being caught in this trap. That is not the UK I grew up in, it's changing. It doesn't matter that you have paid your taxes in to the system long before any of this crap came about, you don't count anymore.
I hope UKIP rock the ****ing boat now.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I do worry about the attitudes towards migrants, though.....

Extreme attitudes are a characteristic of being human, and should be challenged, but not having an attitude at all is akin to sticking your head in the sand. Issues such as overcrowding and overuse of finite resources, are facts, ignoring them simply to focus on extremist opinion won't make those issues go away miraculously...... will it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Extreme attitudes are a characteristic of being human, and should be challenged, but not having an attitude at all is akin to sticking your head in the sand. Issues such as overcrowding and overuse of finite resources, are facts, ignoring them simply to focus on extremist opinion won't make those issues go away miraculously...... will it?

The facts presented earlier on this thread suggested that far more people have left the UK than have arrived so surely most of those facts aren't as relevant as they seem.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Honestly that name calling is the reason people want to vote for UKIP even more.

So people vote for a party because it gets picked upon? Jesus. This certainly helps my argument that UKIP voters are idiots.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
for what it is worth the Eu will eventually dissolve over time to an elite few nations as they perpetually need to support failing members with bailouts.

What makes you think this? Because what is happening on the mainland certainly does not support this argument. All of the current work and agreements suggest that in 10 years time the EU will be a stronger and more coherent than ever. Greece never left, Spain never left, Ireland never left even though all the nay-sayers were suggesting they would. Everyone is stil on board. Feel free to drop out, piss into the wind and carry forward the ridiculous idea that you can be another Switzerland or Norway (as an aside why not just try to be the UK?), I dont think it will affect much, or anyone will be that bothered, on the mainland.

Anyway, I'm done with this argument. Deep down I really do not give a stuff what you lot do. I made my choice sometime ago; it embarrasses me but UK politics does not directly affect me.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Greens get picked on a lot (far more than UKIP) why don't you vote for them?

But the Greens have some policies which are in danger of being sensible and coherent and "thought about", not a collection of bought from the most convenient think tank nonsense enhanced with dodgy statistics and downright lies to appeal to the Prejudices (capital P deliberate) of its leadership.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What makes you think this? Because what is happening on the mainland certainly does not support this argument. All of the current work and agreements suggest that in 10 years time the EU will be a stronger and more coherent than ever. Greece never left, Spain never left, Ireland never left even though all the nay-sayers were suggesting they would. Everyone is stil on board. Feel free to drop out, piss into the wind and carry forward the ridiculous idea that you can be another Switzerland or Norway (as an aside why not just try to be the UK?), I dont think it will affect much, or anyone will be that bothered, on the mainland.

Anyway, I'm done with this argument. Deep down I really do not give a stuff what you lot do. I made my choice sometime ago; it embarrasses me but UK politics does not directly affect me.

You need to move outside your little bubble of smugness regarding the EU. I don't think you've any idea just how unpopular the EU and in particular Merkel/Germany are across the rest of the EU populace. The Latin countries in particular cannot stand her, they regard Germany as the bullying big brother who, because they control the money, control them also. They certainly don't feel equal partners in the Euro experiment. The rise of extremism across the whole of Europe is a direct result of the attitude of the political elite that you adore and who share your contempt for the ordinary European proles too thick, too stupid, too racist to be a cosmopolitan, good European like yourself.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't like UKIP and I'm strongly opposed to their policies. However, the thing that really bothers me is that it is now seems like it is bad to be pro EU. The simple fact is that there has never been an attempt to have a fair debate about the EU. The press, on the whole, are anti so all we hear is anti Europe propaganda. That is one of the main reasons so many people are anti Europe, we never hear what the benefits are or the impact of not being in the EU (only articles slagging off immigration).

If I thought there might be a fair debate, I wouldn't mind a referendum on the EU. However, that is never likely to happen.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't like UKIP and I'm strongly opposed to their policies. However, the thing that really bothers me is that it is now seems like it is bad to be pro EU. The simple fact is that there has never been an attempt to have a fair debate about the EU.

to be fair, that comes from the pro-EU side too, who default to claims that all industry and commerce will cease and we'll become an impoverished little back water if we dare step outside the club.

most that are against the EU are against the institutional bureaucracy it has become, and quite content for a trade block with some extras arrangement. apparently we are told this isn't possible: you must be all in or all out. presented with this choice, the population seems to lean towards all out. as such the hardline of the pro-EU group generates support for the likes of UKIP, who otherwise wouldn't be paid much attention (they have a narrower focus than the Greens ffs)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
to be fair, that comes from the pro-EU side too, who default to claims that all industry and commerce will cease and we'll become an impoverished little back water if we dare step outside the club.

most that are against the EU are against the institutional bureaucracy it has become, and quite content for a trade block with some extras arrangement. apparently we are told this isn't possible: you must be all in or all out. presented with this choice, the population seems to lean towards all out. as such the hardline of the pro-EU group generates support for the likes of UKIP, who otherwise wouldn't be paid much attention (they have a narrower focus than the Greens ffs)

But how much publicity do the pro EU side get? All the focus is on immigration in the press and the problems of the EU. You never see any reasons for staying in.

As for the trade block, I think it probably is all in or nothing. I'm not an expert about the EU but I'm reasonably informed about politics and I don't feel I've ever had the whole story. I don't think the EU would accept us dropping out but coming up with trade agreements and we would probably be of no interest to much of the rest of the world e.g USA, Japan, China etc once we left the EU.

Personally, I think that there is a lot of scaremongering going on about the EU and I would use their poster campaign as an example (especially given what's been revealed about the people that are in them). I don't dismiss pro UKIP views like some people in this thread but it does sadden me that they seem to be getting more support.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
most that are against the EU are against the institutional bureaucracy it has become, and quite content for a trade block with some extras arrangement. apparently we are told this isn't possible: you must be all in or all out. presented with this choice, the population seems to lean towards all out.

Agree 100% with this.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Agree 100% with this.

Agree as well. And interestingly, it's the anti-EU voters who are the ones prepared to stick by their principles and risk an economic downturn in return for the guarantee of self-determination and it's the pro-EU crowd, especially on here, who will put up with anything as long as the money keeps rolling in. Good capitalists, that they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here