Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another piece of UKIP brilliance

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's a relief for one moment I thought they might be a load of corrupt shits lining their pockets at the expense of European taxpayers...........

http://euobserver.com/institutional/115818

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/2687/european_union_corruption_knows_no_shame

http://news.sciencemag.org/europe/2011/08/anti-fraud-agency-puts-spotlight-e.u.s-drug-watchdog

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/drug-watchdog-in-fraud-investigation-6258244.html

Don't worry though, you have restored my faith in the integrity of EU institutions..........

Okay. Is it now my turn to search the net and find 4 links with positive stories?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Okay. Is it now my turn to search the net and find 4 links with positive stories?

Knock yourself out, no doubt in your diabolical view a few positive stories about will offset the deaths of 500 to 2000 people as a consequence of EMA corruption and incompetence.

"Studies have estimated that the drug has caused between 500 and 2000 deaths, and the company and its founder and CEO, Jacques Servier, may face charges of "aggravated deception" in French court next year."

Of course it's possible the victims were already on their way out.............this episode was just clearing out dead wood...............

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Knock yourself out, no doubt in your diabolical view a few positive stories about will offset the deaths of 500 to 2000 people as a consequence of EMA corruption and incompetence.

"Studies have estimated that the drug has caused between 500 and 2000 deaths, and the company and its founder and CEO, Jacques Servier, may face charges of "aggravated deception" in French court next year."

Of course it's possible the victims were already on their way out.............this episode was just clearing out dead wood...............

I'm sure I could surf the net and find deaths and corruption linked to any industry you care to name. Equally I could find a heap of success stories. That's the thing with the internet, it entrenches views as opposed to opening minds. Let's call it a night.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I'm sure I could surf the net and find deaths and corruption linked to any industry you care to name. Equally I could find a heap of success stories. That's the thing with the internet, it entrenches views as opposed to opening minds. Let's call it a night.

It's not a pissing contest.

Do you think that if Harold Shipman saved 500 lives in his career as a Doctor then that positive offsets his subsequent murderous crimes?

It is a fact that people have died in Europe as a direct consequence of corruption in the Pharmaceutical industry, the kind of which should not be possible because of the EMA.

I wonder if you would be so blasé about the deaths and corruption had this been a UK institution under the control of the Tories. We both know the answer to that question don't we.

Call it a night, but you are wrong.........and manifestly so.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
1: We don't pay £50million a day
2: The balance of trade is determined by 'us' as consumers, who choose not to buy goods manufactured in this country. It has nothing to do with the EU or UKIP.

People like [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] and I don't agree on certain matters, although we do have a lot of common ground, but at least we discuss the issues rather than spout nonsense.
You're probably right..we actually pay MORE than £50m a day.
Please do discuss the other issues I stated...Have we ever had a European ratification of their accounts....No!
Is there not corruption in the EU ....YES!
Can you vote out a European Italian,German,Spanish,Greek,French,MEP....NO!
Do we import more than we export to the EU....YES!
Do we have control over our borders...NO!
Can we deport foreign crimminals...well to an extent we can,but not if they've got a cat or have a right to a family life here.
So where are these issues you wish to discuss...everyone to you who does not agree with your views are spouting nonsense...sorry about that but some of us have managed to see through the smoke screen and mirrors of the EU Corruption.
But you are entitled to your opinion,but give the anti Europeans the same courtesy...or do you prefer the mud slinging of calling anti Europeans 'Racist'...'Little Englanders'
I have great affection for some European people and it is not them I'm against...it is the political machine that is rolling forward...and if you cannot see that it's heading for a United States of Europe where we have little say over our future...then please don't complain when they lay down laws that go against your opinions...you might see Europe as 'Everything is rosy in the garden'...but one day you'll think 'Whatever happened to our Indepence and Liberty'...you make your choice...I'll make mine.
Now please give me reasons why Europe is good for us!

I don't see how these estimated deaths can be attributed to potential corruption and incompetence at the EMA.
The Servier drug benfluorex (Mediator) was never approved by EMA for EU use. It seems that three member states (Italy, France and Spain) granted approval for the treatment of diabetes via their national procedures and these date back approx 30 years. As is stated in the Science Mag article EMA can only become involved in reviewing National approvals in these circumstances if requested to do so by one of the member states affected. This it did, and recommended withdrawal, when asked by the French authority (AFSSAPS) in Nov 2009; had either the Spanish or Italian regulatory agencies done this when they withdrew the marketing authorisations in 1998 then EMA could have acted earlier, although it's not clear why these authorisations were cancelled.
What is clear is that the majority of benfluorex prescriptions were for "off-label" use as an appetite suppressant in non-diabetic patients; such treatment is the responsibility of the doctor writing the prescription and the pharmaceutical company involved (Servier), if it's been promoting such use (which is illegal). It seems plausible to propose that the majority of deaths may be attributable to use by doctors for an unlicensed indication in a patient group for which the product was not intended.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You're probably right..we actually pay MORE than £50m a day.
Please do discuss the other issues I stated...Have we ever had a European ratification of their accounts....No!
Is there not corruption in the EU ....YES!
Can you vote out a European Italian,German,Spanish,Greek,French,MEP....NO!
Do we import more than we export to the EU....YES!
Do we have control over our borders...NO!
Can we deport foreign crimminals...well to an extent we can,but not if they've got a cat or have a right to a family life here.
So where are these issues you wish to discuss...everyone to you who does not agree with your views are spouting nonsense...sorry about that but some of us have managed to see through the smoke screen and mirrors of the EU Corruption.
But you are entitled to your opinion,but give the anti Europeans the same courtesy...or do you prefer the mud slinging of calling anti Europeans 'Racist'...'Little Englanders'
I have great affection for some European people and it is not them I'm against...it is the political machine that is rolling forward...and if you cannot see that it's heading for a United States of Europe where we have little say over our future...then please don't complain when they lay down laws that go against your opinions...you might see Europe as 'Everything is rosy in the garden'...but one day you'll think 'Whatever happened to our Indepence and Liberty'...you make your choice...I'll make mine.
Now please give me reasons why Europe is good for us!

1: The net contribution to the EU budget is £21 million a day, out of a daily UK government spend of £1,900 million a day.
2: What do you mean by ratification of the EU budget?
3: I can't vote out an MP from Scotland, Norfolk, Birmingham or Newcastle either, so what?
4:There is corruption in the EU, there is corruption also in the UK. I've made reference to my concerns about this elsewhere in this thread.
5: We import more than we export, this would be the case regardless of EU membership.
6: We have the same control over our borders as other EU member states. I am therefore free to travel to these countries whenever I wish, and can work in them whenever I choose.
7: We can deport foreign criminals (one m in criminals by the way).
8: I haven't called you a 'Racist' or 'Little Englander'.
9: The UK government has laid down laws that don't agree with my opinions either, and the UK government has far greater influence over my day to day life than the EU.

The main benefits of Europe are allowing the free movement of goods, services and people within EU borders. My view is that, on balance, this outweighs the disadvantages of EU membership. I'm not keen on ceding further decision making powers to the EU.

Why do you believe you know what I will think at some point in the future? You're either clairvoyant or a dribbler.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's not a pissing contest.

Do you think that if Harold Shipman saved 500 lives in his career as a Doctor then that positive offsets his subsequent murderous crimes?

It is a fact that people have died in Europe as a direct consequence of corruption in the Pharmaceutical industry, the kind of which should not be possible because of the EMA.

I wonder if you would be so blasé about the deaths and corruption had this been a UK institution under the control of the Tories. We both know the answer to that question don't we.

Call it a night, but you are wrong.........and manifestly so.

See Alex's post above. The example you Googled pre-dates the EMA. Your example is not therefore a "fact." is it? Before you next spew out a heap of stories you have just found on the web at least take a moment to read them please.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I don't see how these estimated deaths can be attributed to potential corruption and incompetence at the EMA.
The Servier drug benfluorex (Mediator) was never approved by EMA for EU use. It seems that three member states (Italy, France and Spain) granted approval for the treatment of diabetes via their national procedures and these date back approx 30 years. As is stated in the Science Mag article EMA can only become involved in reviewing National approvals in these circumstances if requested to do so by one of the member states affected. This it did, and recommended withdrawal, when asked by the French authority (AFSSAPS) in Nov 2009; had either the Spanish or Italian regulatory agencies done this when they withdrew the marketing authorisations in 1998 then EMA could have acted earlier, although it's not clear why these authorisations were cancelled.
What is clear is that the majority of benfluorex prescriptions were for "off-label" use as an appetite suppressant in non-diabetic patients; such treatment is the responsibility of the doctor writing the prescription and the pharmaceutical company involved (Servier), if it's been promoting such use (which is illegal). It seems plausible to propose that the majority of deaths may be attributable to use by doctors for an unlicensed indication in a patient group for which the product was not intended.

I said before I am no expert, however the EMA's own objectives state that it has responsibility in the EU for the safety of medicines, and is able to "take action" if information indicates adverse changes since authorisation:

Safety monitoring of medicines

The EMA is responsible for coordinating the EU's safety-monitoring or 'pharmacovigilance' system for medicines. It constantly monitors the safety of medicines through the EU network and can take action if information indicates that the benefit-risk balance of a medicine has changed since it was authorised.

In the case of Mediator the failure of EMA to "take action" on available information following the withdrawal of the drug by some member states years before it was withdrawn in France, is why the reports indicate it is being investigated.

On this basis then the EMA can be implicated in the deaths of users of Mediator due to incompetence and/or a dereliction of duty.

What is the point of EU taxpayers funding the costs (whether by tax or the increased cost of medicine) for an EU institution with responsibility for medicine safety if that institution cannot coordinate this kind of issue?

Further, given that the EMA is funded 85% directly by the pharmaceutical industry then there is significant risk of conflict of interests arising, and here lies the potential for corruption? Surely another factor in this investigation.......albeit this has not been made public.

Pharmaceutical companies are run by capitalists not benevolent philanthropists, and they have a dreadful record concerning safety and corrupt practices. If the type of corruption and murky conduct that the reports I attached in my previous post was occurring in banks then EU politicians would be apoplectic and implementing regulations like the CRD IV and CRR.

I dare say the intentions of the EMA are laudable and that it's not full to the gunnels with shysters, however the same argument can be applied to whole EU project. It's big business that is holding it all together, and as this episode proves their motive is not the benefit of European citizens.

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
1) regarding lies, and assuming you are correct he is not alone is he?
The party itself is a joke, called the United Kingdom Independance Party, they call upon people to vote for them, their main goal is to have the UK leave the EU. what they do not tello people in their party political broadcast is that even if UKIP won every availible UK seat they would havee no more power than an asda staff member has at setting the price of bananas in the store.

I assume you feel just as angry with other politicians making statements/commitments they don't act on?
British politics is nothing to be proud of whatsoever, when it can be said that Hitler was more transparent than the leaders of most UK political parties you know there is a problem.

if mainstream politicians play the ball instead of the man then they will re align their own policies to spike UKIPs guns.
If a political party is mainstream it is compromised

It's no coincidence surely that we have had contrite Labour politicians confirming they got immigration wrong when they were in power
Immigration is good, there is nothing wrong with immigration, Look at how it has benefited the native Americans. I can still remember the day when people knew the difference between migration, immigration and illegal immigration.

confirming they want to support British workers interests.
Sounds like Commie talk to me, i Love this country, i love its culture and the establishments that have grown out of it. what i cannot understand is why the British people are the only civilization to have ever volunteered for extinction.

the public, despite all the smears and UKIPs own capacity for self destruction the polls are holding up.
its pointless, they will achieve nothing whatsoever politically.

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
When exactly has he said that ? Or might you be putting words in his mouth ?

As a member of the EU "Parliament" he can do absolutely NOTHING to benefit his country, it pays well to lie and deceive the public

I think you might have misunderstood the purpose of UKIP !
You do a lot of assuming

They'll happily admit they are never likely to govern.
i wouldn't trust them to babysit my kids.

That said I remember people saying that when the SDP formed and again when they morphed into the Lib Dems. "They'll never take power" hmmmmm .......
irrelevant

You are clearly pissed mate!
so interesting, thank you

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The party itself is a joke, called the United Kingdom Independance Party, they call upon people to vote for them, their main goal is to have the UK leave the EU. what they do not tello people in their party political broadcast is that even if UKIP won every availible UK seat they would havee no more power than an asda staff member has at setting the price of bananas in the store.

See below.

British politics is nothing to be proud of whatsoever, when it can be said that Hitler was more transparent than the leaders of most UK political parties you know there is a problem.

I think that a very significant proportion of the electorate would agree that British politics is in a poor state now, and for a number of different reasons. In more recent times politicians have lied, criminally cheated and generally insulted the British public. They are all largely disconnected from reality and are typically from privileged/influential backgrounds. They have been sanctimonious and duplicitous in equal measure with regard to dealing with genuine concerns from the electorate on the pace of change in this country. To some extent this has been a slow burn, however for a large part of the electorate their patience tank is empty.

This situation is not UKIPs fault, they are merely benefitting from the fallout…………..once we get past this very point then things may change, sadly our politicians (and plenty on here) consider its better to ignore the cause and treat the symptom by screaming Racist at the top of their voices. Which is ironic as this approach is a significant factor in why the UK is at this point now.

If a political party is mainstream it is compromised

I don’t know what this means.

Immigration is good, there is nothing wrong with immigration, Look at how it has benefited the native Americans. I can still remember the day when people knew the difference between migration, immigration and illegal immigration.

The native indians survived……………pity the Taíno and Arawaks; they don’t get a look in these days do they? Jeremy Clarkson could say what he liked about them and there would be a peep.

Sounds like Commie talk to me, i Love this country, i love its culture and the establishments that have grown out of it. what i cannot understand is why the British people are the only civilization to have ever volunteered for extinction.

So do I and they didn’t, see second point.

its pointless, they will achieve nothing whatsoever politically.

I tend to agree, however its worth bearing in mind that the EU could well collapse from within anyway, which would obviously drive political change here. Depite the myopia of mainstream politicans and theie acolytes the stability of the euro is far from secure. Part of the solution to stability will be integrating the EZ countries which could be a political nightmare, particularly if it does take place but does not solve the stability issues.

Personally I think a collapse will happen, this would subsequently change British politics. Events dear boy, events.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

As a member of the EU "Parliament" he can do absolutely NOTHING to benefit his country, it pays well to lie and deceive the public

You do a lot of assuming

i wouldn't trust them to babysit my kids.

irrelevant

so interesting, thank you

If you're going to post a video to support your claim "Every time he implies that if he won every uk seat in Strasbourg the Uk will leave the EU he lies" then it might be beneficial to your argument that he says it !!! Pathetic - E grade.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He can sit in pubs and weeze on fags all he likes. He is no every man. Look at his MEP's record on expenses and other dodgy behaviour. He no more cares what happens to this country than I care what happens to him. Odious little felcher.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
they would have no more power than an asda staff member has at setting the price of bananas in the store.
Is that the Asda colleague working on Produce who reduces the price of bananas from 68p a kilo to 30p a kilo because they're Class 2 (speckly) ?

Irish_Seagull

Mar 25, 2014
If you're going to post a video to support your claim "Every time he implies that if he won every uk seat in Strasbourg the Uk will leave the EU he lies" then it might be beneficial to your argument that he says it !!! Pathetic - E grade.

Even a brain transplant couldn't improve your iq mate xx

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Even a brain transplant couldn't improve your iq mate xx

Well done - not only can you not backup your original statement ( or did you assume people wouldn't watch the video and just assume you were correct ? ) but you can't even hold a coherent argument.

So I'll ask again - please provide the evidence for THIS statement - "Every time he implies that if he won every uk seat in Strasbourg the Uk will leave the EU he lies"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here