Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Year End bonus or New Year pay rise?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm just counting down the 52 months and 2 weeks before I can retire with my GOLD PLATED ! pension

Yeah, me too, just 22 years to go, or perhaps 27 if Theresa May has her way.

Pay rise, haha, yeah good one :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Haven't had a pay rise in 3 years. Might get a very modest one this year. Do get a modest bonus, but it's really part of my salary package, rather than something 'extra'.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Inflation predicted to be 2.7% - 3% next year.

Anybody expecting a bonus or pay rise to keep track with the cost of living, or are you resigned to more belt-tightening in 2013?

Whatever anybody gets, it won't be anywhere close to keeping up with what the privatised energy companies and the privatised train companies decide to milk from their captive consumer base to give to their shareholders while refusing to acknowledge that the cash-cow is running decidedly short of milk. There's no such thing as society in their book. Sooner these shameless profiteering c*nts are re-nationalised the better. IMHO, like.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Inflation at 2/3% is absolute bollux food has gone up, petrol has gone up electricity and gas has gone up, 10% is a more realistic figure and no pay rise or bonus for me and I have no idea where they get these inflation figures from.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I lose my job at the end of the year - the third redundancy in 3 years, how I wished I were an employee of the BBC......

keep going and stay in there,i am sending a prayer so to speak.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I work for RBS, so no annual cost of living rise, no performance rise, no Christmas bonus. Luckily still got a job ftb.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Whatever anybody gets, it won't be anywhere close to keeping up with what the privatised energy companies and the privatised train companies decide to milk from their captive consumer base to give to their shareholders while refusing to acknowledge that the cash-cow is running decidedly short of milk. There's no such thing as society in their book. Sooner these shameless profiteering c*nts are re-nationalised the better. IMHO, like.

THPP : the voice of reason .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hey, cheers mate, one of the many agencies I'm signed up with is wittering on about an interview next week, please direct your positive thoughts towards an (un-named insurance company) in Haywards Heath. Cheers

Done

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
No payrise for the last three years, no bonuses as public sector (until a few weeks back, although the terms and conditions remain the same)

And very much this.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I am lucky to be in a better place than most, but that said our sales have increased by around thirty per cent for the last two years. Inflation busting pay rise in the new year following a Xmas bonus.

Swings and roundabouts after years gone by.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
In the fifteen years I've been in full time employment I have NEVER had a Christmas bonus, and that's across all the many firms I've worked for.

Now I'm self employed there is even less chance of it happening

:(

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Most of my work is self employed so not sure really :/

That and my boss is a Tight@$$!!! :eek: Will settle for an extra bit of bacon in my sandwiich of a morning tbh!

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Will find out in 2 weeks. Might get one, but probably not both. The exams industry, in which I work, will probably be hit next year by changes to which qualifications carry School performance points.

In the exam industry myself with Cambridge, in my time here barely a week has gone by without the government/ ofqual changing the posts, the year ahead looks mighty interesting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here