Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Y'all think it was McGhee playing the midgits up front that turned our season around?

Then you'd be WRONG - it was clearly this, posted on 20 August:

The Laughing Bluebird said:
And at least we'll finish above you. Coz you're going down. End of.

Albion league record BEFORE TLB's posting:

Played 4, won 0, drawn 2, lost 2 = 2 points out of 12.

Albion league record AFTER TLB's posting:

Played 3, won 1, drawn 2, lost ZERO = 5 points out of 9

Another triumph for the prophet of gloom :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
TLB used to be a laid back easygoing poster but seems to have turned bitter and twisted since we dragged ourselves back up to Cardiff's level and then took a very cynical outlook on all the Fans United stuff last season but I do believe he has always predicted doom for the Albion, in fairness.

Last edited:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
When TLB sees this he is going to laugh in your face. :lolol:

The fact is that McGhee's tatics and the performances by the boys, particuarly the front four (who certainly do not deserve to be labelled 'Midgits') have resulted in this fine run of form - as predicted by myself pre-season whilst preaching to my mates.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Ooh, I love it when he does this! Last season Albion were going well and were looking comfortable in mid-table when London Irish started bouncing old threads. And what do you know, within a couple of weeks the team was right back in the thick of the relegation battle.

Only seven games gone and he's already talking about the season being turned around. I'd bet my nuts he was one of those who were chanting 'Easy! Easy!' at Elland Road on Saturday.

:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Icy Gull said:
TLB ..... took a very cynical outlook on all the Fans United stuff last season

Sorry Icy, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I only took a cynical view of the Fans United stuff because it was a complete waste of time......

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
bluetit, you are a miserable bastard though admit it!!!

I can, kind of understand it, when you've gone and wasted a nice wodge on some over the hill has-beens as opposed to us who have bought young and bought sensibly. You will never be as shrewd (or as good) as us whilst you have that prat as chairman.

get over it.:wave:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BUTTERBALL said:
Mark McGhee and his Marvellous Maurauding Midgets! :clap2:

Did anyone notice Andy Naylor used my signature for his article in the Argus today.

Mini marvels.... can I have the credit for the byline?

I'd bet my nuts he was one of those who were chanting 'Easy! Easy!' at Elland Road on Saturday.

Don't be silly - you know full well that us rugby fans just sit there, quietly applauding good play by the opposition ;)

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ooh, I love it when he does this! Last season Albion were going well and were looking comfortable in mid-table when London Irish started bouncing old threads. And what do you know, within a couple of weeks the team was right back in the thick of the relegation battle.

Only seven games gone and he's already talking about the season being turned around. I'd bet my nuts he was one of those who were chanting 'Easy! Easy!' at Elland Road on Saturday.

My thoughts exactly. The great thread bouncer of NSC cordially invites the football world to laugh at him/us...

Bozza said:
My thoughts exactly. The great thread bouncer of NSC cordially invites the football world to laugh at him/us...

Frankly, having just pissed myself laughing at your mega spamming/flaming session on NSP, I reckon I got off lightly here :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
London Irish said:
Frankly, having just pissed myself laughing at your mega spamming/flaming session on NSP, I reckon I got off lightly here :lolol:

Who are ya? ???

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Whoops-a-daisy.

London Irish starts flapping his well-worn jaws, and as if by magic a defeat arrives.

Imagine that.

Whoops-a-daisy.

London Irish starts flapping his well-worn jaws, and as if by magic a defeat arrives.

Imagine that.

Find the post where I said we would beat Sheff Utd, oh morose one. I'll be here waiting :)

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
Find the post where I said we would beat Sheff Utd, oh morose one. I'll be here waiting

Unlike yourgoodself, I really can't be arsed to wade through pages of old posts in a bid to score a few NSC bragging points. But it's obvious you didn't expect to lose to Sheffield on Tuesday. Or you wouldn't have started this thread on Monday.

And you wouldn't have predicted a 1-1 draw on PtB either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here