xbox?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I will, but only in 10 words; "Reliable, Fast, Quality Games, Blu-Ray, Internet Brower, HD Space*, Looks-are-to-die-for"

*I have the 80gb version

Ok - so I'm not the best reporter, but you catch my drift.

i would agree with you on all of those, accept my PS3 has just broken for the second time in 4 months (i got it for xmas)! i am rather dissappointed, i had the PS1 for years - no problems, PS2 from launch - no problems - i still use it!, PS3 for 4 months, 2 faults! pretty annoying. still i would not get an xbox - i just don't like them - personal preference. Sony fixed the first fault very quickly i had my ps3 back within a couple of days - all data still present on my HDD. need to call them about this new fault, but its not major - the 'scart' connection isn't working, - i only just found this as i normally use the HDMI connection, tried plugging my ps3 into another tv via scart and nothing, just blankness. tried another wire, and another tv, nothing, tried the scart wire into the tv i normally use HDMI for, nothing. SO sony will get another call from me. they better extend my warrenty now! :glare:

other than the problems i've had, i am extremely happy with my ps3! does everything i want it to and more! (when its not broken):p

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
i would agree with you on all of those, accept my PS3 has just broken for the second time in 4 months (i got it for xmas)! i am rather dissappointed, i had the PS1 for years - no problems, PS2 from launch - no problems - i still use it!, PS3 for 4 months, 2 faults! pretty annoying. still i would not get an xbox - i just don't like them - personal preference. Sony fixed the first fault very quickly i had my ps3 back within a couple of days - all data still present on my HDD. need to call them about this new fault, but its not major - the 'scart' connection isn't working, - i only just found this as i normally use the HDMI connection, tried plugging my ps3 into another tv via scart and nothing, just blankness. tried another wire, and another tv, nothing, tried the scart wire into the tv i normally use HDMI for, nothing. SO sony will get another call from me. they better extend my warrenty now! :glare:

other than the problems i've had, i am extremely happy with my ps3! does everything i want it to and more! (when its not broken):p

Don't you need to change the video output settings to tell it to use SCART instead of HDMI?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
XBOX died on the 4th (RRoD), sent it for repair on the 5th came back today :clap2: and a complimentary month of LIVE which is by far the best online games server this planet possesses :clap2:

Still not as good as this baby:
1238450800018.jpg

But pretty close.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ive had my xbox 3 years and i have only had green lights!.
Any day now then..................................

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We have had it twice and Juniors original just keeled over earlier this year however you get what you pay for.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
XBOX died on the 4th (RRoD), sent it for repair on the 5th came back today :clap2: and a complimentary month of LIVE which is by far the best online games server this planet possesses :clap2:

Still not as good as this baby:
1238450800018.jpg

But pretty close.
OMFG!!! I have that in my loft lol. That is pure quality! p.s Ps3 is immense imho
:bowdown:

Arong692

Oct 2, 2008
thanks for the feedback everyone! wel happy that i wont have to dig into my pockets for any repairs!

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I will, but only in 10 words; "Reliable, Fast, Quality Games, Blu-Ray, Internet Brower, HD Space*, Looks-are-to-die-for"

notice there's no mention of the gaming online even though its free ??? heard bad things compared to Xbox live.
I've got both but I've only bought 1 game on PS3 - Metal Gear Solid. I use Lovefilm to rent Bluray and games for both.

PS3 was mainly bought as a cheap(ish) Bluray player that will always be able to be updated unlike some Bluray players. It just happens to play games. If a game comes out on both platforms I buy Xbox

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports