Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

xbox?

Arong692

Oct 2, 2008
i got the 3 red lights on my xbox? does this mean its had it? if so how much does it cost to fix and weredo i take it? muchly appreciated x

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
google microsoft xbox 3 red ring of death or whatever and you should get contact details from microsoft who wil pay someone to pick it up and ship it to germany and fix it and send it back within a couple of weeks.

well thats what i did , twice lol

should be free

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yup it should be free, I think all 360's have 3 year warranties on it.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
I just got the 3 lights today aswell, you have to go onto xbox support, fill out a repair thing and on the drop down menu there is the option of '3 red lights' this means you get a 3 year warranty and its a free repair. They will email you a code for UPS, so you can either drop it off at one of those loactions, but as there isnt one near me im going to have to phone up and get them to pick it up

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Yep same with mine, and mine was modded, still repaired it free of charge, although when i got it bad it was no longer modded :censored:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't give it airtime, if you wanted an xbox and ended up with a PS3 you would be the same. "snort"

I would cry myself to sleep every single night.

Or just sell the PS3, buy an xBox with tonnes of good games, AND have a big party with the spare money I would still have after all that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Phone Microsoft and they send you or you download the address and some form you fill in and they also send you a box to put it in. You then have it sent to stay in Germany for around 3 weeks and when it returns you are 50 quid or so lighter yet you have a fully functioning XBOX.

Why 50 quid or so lighter? 3 year warranties.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Please explain why they are brilliant. I don't have a PS3.

I will, but only in 10 words; "Reliable, Fast, Quality Games, Blu-Ray, Internet Brower, HD Space*, Looks-are-to-die-for"

*I have the 80gb version

Ok - so I'm not the best reporter, but you catch my drift.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
But, to be fair, I've played an Xbox once, so can't really compare the two. I've just always been a Playstation boy, and all I hear about the Xbox is it being broken.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I will, but only in 10 words; "Reliable, Fast, Quality Games, Blu-Ray, Internet Brower, HD Space*, Looks-are-to-die-for"

*I have the 80gb version

Ok - so I'm not the best reporter, but you catch my drift.

Reliable - fair enough, you do win there.

Fast - don't really know what you mean here, but xBox games utilise more powerful processors, so xBox is infact faster.

Quality games - I owned a PS1 and PS2, couldn't stand the xBox (original) but the 360's games line up won for me. Personal preference.

Blu-Ray - again personal, but I've just built up a quality size DVD collection, have finished the switch from Video, no way I'm upgrading my whole collection again for at least another 5 years or so.

Internet Browser - Fair enough, dunno if I'd ever use it though, much easier on my laptop.

HD Space - PS3 wins.

Looks to die for - Again, you can search online, xBox generally wins in Graphical tests.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
My brother owns both a 360 and a PS3, and the only REAL advantages a PS3 has over the Xbox is the blu-ray player and the internet browsing capabilities.

The game line up on the PS3 is piss poor compared to the Xbox 360, and some decent titles on the PS3 you can get on the Xbox 360 anyway (GTA for example).

I certainly wouldn't buy a PS3, and would rather buy a Xbox 360 now, and buy a blu-ray player in 2/3 times when the technology is much cheaper.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Reliable - fair enough, you do win there.

Fast - don't really know what you mean here, but xBox games utilise more powerful processors, so xBox is infact faster.

Quality games - I owned a PS1 and PS2, couldn't stand the xBox (original) but the 360's games line up won for me. Personal preference.

Blu-Ray - again personal, but I've just built up a quality size DVD collection, have finished the switch from Video, no way I'm upgrading my whole collection again for at least another 5 years or so.

Internet Browser - Fair enough, dunno if I'd ever use it though, much easier on my laptop.

HD Space - PS3 wins.

Looks to die for - Again, you can search online, xBox generally wins in Graphical tests.

I think his "Looks to die for" comment was not the games graphics but how it looks on the shelf under the television, which i though was a bit weird, i may be wrong but thats how i read it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here