Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox one or playstation 4?

With the positives swaying people to ps4, will u stay loyal to your Xbox or come to ps4?

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have always been unbiased and gone for whatever the best console is in each generation.

N64
PS
PS2
Xbox360
PS4

I think Xbox could be in serious trouble. They're not going to nick the Wii market, so not really sure what they're aiming for...

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Have always been unbiased and gone for whatever the best console is in each generation.

N64
PS
PS2
Xbox360
PS4

I think Xbox could be in serious trouble. They're not going to nick the Wii market, so not really sure what they're aiming for...

wasnt n64 the same generation as playstation? i had the n64, but kinda wish i had picked the playstation. the n64 had goldeneye and a couple of other worldie games, but the overall catalogue of playstation games was unbelievable

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not really a gamer but got bored and read a review from here: http://www.t3.com/reviews/xbox-one-review

This bit was a bit creepy

Improved processing means that games can now resolve detail down to finger level, recognise which way your arms and legs are facing and even tell whether you’re sad and happy. And this really works - in a live demo, an Xbox One tracked multiple players simultaneously, noting who was paying attention and who was looking away

Do people really want that in their living room?

Xbox for me.

The whole online / offline argument is a non-event for me I'm always connected anyway and this device like the 360/PS3 will be around for years and in a couple of years the potential of not always being connected with high speed is an even more distant past.

Microsoft revolutionised and leads online play it continues to PSN won't have even PS4 even what Xbox live has today, so its not surprising that they will again revolutionise the games market.

The whole used games argument is frankly rubbish. There is the potential that licencing models could charge here but the reality is that digital media will bring down the prices for games new and old and make games cheaper to play on XB than PS4.

Both machines will be awesome, eventually I may get both so I get all the exclusives, but to start I'm onboard with Xbox.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The whole online / offline argument is a non-event for me I'm always connected anyway and this device like the 360/PS3 will be around for years and in a couple of years the potential of not always being connected with high speed is an even more distant past.

i think this misses the main problem, though agree there is alot of fuss about always on. not everyone has internet and even where they do they dont necessarily have to every room. or want to, do parents want Jonny to have a connection in his room? MS has created a feature many are against the principle and many dont have access to, so they've narrowed their potential market, a commercially daft decision. then there is the privacy, a bigger issue than the always on, they actually made a feature of the fact their system would watch and spy on you. timing of other news couldnt be helped, but they are going to find that puts off alot of people who worry about that (unfounded or not, you could always simply cover the device or turn it off).

The whole used games argument is frankly rubbish. There is the potential that licencing models could charge here but the reality is that digital media will bring down the prices for games new and old and make games cheaper to play on XB than PS4.

:lolol: good one. seriously, i think this is also overblown, ive never sold a game on and the prices of "pre-owned" are bearly any less than new. but there's a large market in used games, suggesting its important to alot of the fan base. can see why they've done it, can see the advantage for the developers, but it will put off a lot of punters. together the two factors will put off alot of youth and early adopters and then the console might not gain traction consoles need.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Not really a gamer but got bored and read a review from here: http://www.t3.com/reviews/xbox-one-review

This bit was a bit creepy

Do people really want that in their living room?

That is madness, there goes anyone letting their kids buy it. Sony are gonna walk this massively and Microsoft are well and truly screwed

For a little bit of balance, that article does also say this:

If all of this sounds a bit Orwellian, don’t worry. Contrary to some of the rumours flying about the Internet, you don’t have to have Kinect active at all times in order for the Xbox One to work – you can deactivate it entirely. Not only does this mean you can still play games in the nude, should you desire, but you don’t have to allow it collect any data from your viewing or playing habits – although if you do, Kinect and the Xbox One will start to build a more bespoke entertainment experience just for you.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Not owned a console since SNES and Megadrive but have got carried along with the hype for PS4 and will probably get one when they come out, even if it does cost $546 for us Brits. BBC article about the prices

Although games are still better on the PC of course, console monkeys.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I will be getting the PS4 Just for Battlefield 4.

I Currently own a PS3 and simply own Battlefield 3.

the only thing that puts me off the PS4 is the controller and the video screen, I think im going to end up spending more time watching my mates kills than I will, playing the games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here