Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X Factor ,,,,,,Cant take it seriously anymore

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's been a nasty pile of shite for years. Watched a bit of it when it first started but got a bit uncomfortable about laughing at the crap acts who thought they were brilliant. From what I've seen / heard they've ramped this up massively and it's now all about taking the piss out of mentally deficient people and/or building up the hopes of mediocre singers they they can become the next big thing before dashing them. Lovely.

I read an interview with an ex researcher of the show who said that they are instructed to find people in the auditions who are just the right side of mentally ill. So that they can be mocked without the majority seeing it as distasteful. They have to be the "right sort of mad".

It's pretty sick if you think about it. Can't believe so many blokes on here whose wives watch it.

Feathers

Banned
Oct 6, 2016
50 miles from Brighton
First frustration:

Saara has the best voice, the public haven't warmed to her so she ended up in the bottom two last week.

Hope she's not there again.

P.S. Emily is my favourite

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that she is a novelty and quite entertaining but by no stretch of the imagination could you say she performed a motown song.

According to the internet she sang Diana Ross Coming Out but I never noticed it.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the best one and she is through is Giffy who sang Rocking Robin.#'

Just read on the net that Honey G sang Diana Ross's Coming Out not sure that I recognised it.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's been a nasty pile of shite for years. Watched a bit of it when it first started but got a bit uncomfortable about laughing at the crap acts who thought they were brilliant. From what I've seen / heard they've ramped this up massively and it's now all about taking the piss out of mentally deficient people and/or building up the hopes of mediocre singers they they can become the next big thing before dashing them. Lovely.

I read an interview with an ex researcher of the show who said that they are instructed to find people in the auditions who are just the right side of mentally ill. So that they can be mocked without the majority seeing it as distasteful. They have to be the "right sort of mad".

It's pretty sick if you think about it. Can't believe so many blokes on here whose wives watch it.

I used to watch the initial auditions but came to same conclusion as you. It's the modern and culturally acceptable version of a Victorian freak show. A bit like Jeremy Kyle. It will only be challenged when one of the unfortunates harms themselves after the trolling backlash. One year they got together the worst group of acts and had them sing a song in the final. It was a grotesque send up. They've stopped it now. One of them was a youngster who had clearly been put up to the whole farce by her parents. I actually found it quite upsetting.

If the finals are on I tend to watch them as some of the acts are rather good. Even then I question as to whether I should watch it at all. The Voice is much better.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think the best one and she is through is Giffy who sang Rocking Robin.#'

Just read on the net that Honey G sang Diana Ross's Coming Out not sure that I recognised it.

That's cause she made it her own.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
That's cause she made it her own.

I thought it was because she looked like a pop star and she sounded like a pop star.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think there was a moment many years ago when someone with a casting vote (it was actually Cowell, not Louis amazingly) kept Jedward in at the expense of someone who could actually sing. You knew then exactly what a farce it was, but our kids like it so I still see it from time to time. I'd say it was harmless fun, but when you see how desperate some of the contestants are, you wonder about even that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's Opportunity Knocks for people with smartphones and thick brains

Oh come on, stop remembering Opportunity Knocks through rose-tinted spectacles - and remember that it was once won by a bloke standing in his underpants twitching his muscles in time to some annoying Cha Cha type elevator-music.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh come on, stop remembering Opportunity Knocks through rose-tinted spectacles - and remember that it was once won by a bloke standing in his underpants twitching his muscles in time to some annoying Cha Cha type elevator-music.

Opportunity knocks was utter shite, as is X-Factor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here