Attachments

• 415965564a6238924585o.jpg
    415965564a6238924585o.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 316

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Was back in about 2004 (?), there was a Falmer protest planned for after the game, where we were having a sit-in and everyone was going to wave banners etc. But during the match, someone had sneaked in a megaphone, causing the stewards to rush and try and take it off him. Unfortunately for them, the megaphone was passed from row to row and all the way around the Albion end before they eventually gave up.

'Can you see the megaphone? Noooo, noooo.'

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Was back in about 2004 (?), there was a Falmer protest planned for after the game, where we were having a sit-in and everyone was going to wave banners etc. But during the match, someone had sneaked in a megaphone, causing the stewards to rush and try and take it off him. Unfortunately for them, the megaphone was passed from row to row and all the way around the Albion end before they eventually gave up.

'Can you see the megaphone? Noooo, noooo.'

:lolol: would of loved to be there

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Proudest moment of my Albion away career :)

"One call and I can have you banned from every sporting event in the country, son." That was before he realised we were wearing luminous numbers yoinked from the control box underneath our trousers.

WIN

Aylesburyseagull

Feb 19, 2009
I was there, but sitting in the Wycombe stand you can see in the background. Invited by a workmate. Thankfully had my coat fully zipped up, as i was asked where I came from. When I said Aylesbury, I was waved thru!!!!!!!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Still remember that day, very funny.:lolol:
I recognise the guy to the left of the one with the megaphone from away games, and believe he posts on nsc!
If only it happened again saturday

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Still remember that day, very funny.:lolol:
I recognise the guy to the left of the one with the megaphone from away games, and believe he posts on nsc!
If only it happened again saturday

Err, he definitely doesn't. He hates NSC.

Will be aiming for a repeat on Satdi. Anyone got any more pictures? Would be good to see more. Mega happy day.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Probably the funniest thing I've witnessed at a football ground. Utterly, utterly hilarious. Up there with that grown up ball boy heading the ball out of the ground at the Goldstone.

I seem to recall the megaphone was "borrowed" from the stewards who had left it lying in front of the pitch ?

"We've got your megaphone..."

"Where's your megaphone, Where's your megaphone...." etc.. etc...

It was one of those situations where everyone simultaneously "got" what was going on, except the stewards and the police. A mix of pass the parcel and impromptu Karaoke of Brighton chants (hugely amplified)

I recall a couple of Policeman trying not to laugh, whilst "seriously" trying to retrieve the said device. They came into the stand looking for the megaphone, but it was a losing battle. Even CCTV can't pick up people passing a megaphone behind their backs.

Brilliant, thanks for reminding me of that - I'm always telling Premiership Soccerball fans about it, in the context there is more to football than a prawn sandwich and highlights on a big screen.

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Err, he definitely doesn't. He hates NSC.

Will be aiming for a repeat on Satdi. Anyone got any more pictures? Would be good to see more. Mega happy day.

He does. It's Basil Fawlty off here.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Ha ha, f*** off! You lot probably weren't born when it happened.

(The stewards left it in a box to the left of the entrance along with several pairs of trousers :))

What are you doing?
Never quote me again.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
twas a classic day,lol,getting booted out of the pub with strippers,the pass the parcel of the megaphone was hilarious,im pretty sure it wasnt snuck in but taken from a cupboard? didnt a fat ball-boy fall over that day aswell or am i thinking of another game.cant even remember the game....1-1,2-2???

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
What a day, I remember the police looking for the megaphone, then someone would randomly say somethign on it, the police would then bundle in the crowd, by which point someone somewhere else had and shouted "ive got the megaphone" then police running along trying to find it, but with no luck as it had been passed on to someone else to boast they had it :lolol:

oh and this was pretty good

[yt]oRNG_Bop1Dw[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here